It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A stupid question for flat earthers.

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 14 2016 @ 05:14 PM
link   
a reply to: reddragon2015

Sorry, all I see here is smoke in mirrors.

Proof is proof no matter how anyone spins it.....and it has been scientifically proven that the earth is some sort of ovoid, or oblate spheroid to be more precise.

But how is 'proof' made up?

Is all science a big lie?

Get off the fence and give us your opinion and perhaps even your reasoning.

posted on Apr, 14 2016 @ 06:40 PM
link   
a reply to: Freeborn

did u know on higher math planes, 2+2 doesn't equal 4? there's no such thing as "hard proof". Science was built on the idea that it can be change and fluid. People revise science facts all the time. The last one was Einstein's theory. That was super recent too.

posted on Apr, 14 2016 @ 07:04 PM
link   
a reply to: donktheclown

Is that a serious question?If it is,here's the answer:

Everything on or near the Earth is moving relative to the Earth.

posted on Apr, 14 2016 @ 07:24 PM
link   
a reply to: Ericthedoubter

Is that a serious answer? Don't think so.
Do you mean to tell me that all things travel in multiple directions at all times on or near the Earth? Give me a break.

edit on 10 27 2013 by donktheclown because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 14 2016 @ 07:31 PM
link   
Um...are you serious?

EDIT: Reread um...objects move relative to the Earth, the spin. Ahh can't answer now.
edit on 14-4-2016 by Tiamat384 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 14 2016 @ 07:44 PM
link   
a reply to: MidKnight

i am taking calculus can you show us the calculus that u speak maybe i can learn somthing

posted on Apr, 14 2016 @ 08:54 PM
link   

Jump up in the air.Not too high,you don't need to bang your head.

Did you come down a quarter-mile away?

I didn't think so.

Everything on or near the Earth moves relative to the Earth.If you were out in space your speed and trajectory AUTOMATICALLY becomes relative to the nearest most massive object.It really is very simple and doesn't even need any thought.

Wiki link
edit on 14-4-2016 by Ericthedoubter because: Added a link

posted on Apr, 14 2016 @ 10:21 PM
link   
Best I can do for now This one is Trig -

and Although it goes WAYYYY deeper than needed, math here still applies.
Real Analysis: Differential Calculus - PDF
edit on 14-4-2016 by MidKnight because: correction in spelling

posted on Apr, 14 2016 @ 10:28 PM
link   

Why the cover up? I mean what possible reason would they want to hide this from us?

its Satan trying to deceive all of us!!

Get with it man!!

Though seriously... CGI is just a recent thing...

Flat earth theory is the dumbest thing i've ever heard of...

posted on Apr, 14 2016 @ 10:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: Akragon

Why the cover up? I mean what possible reason would they want to hide this from us?

its Satan trying to deceive all of us!!
Obviously!

Get with it man!!
Don't want to man!!

Though seriously... CGI is just a recent thing...
You don't know man, you weren't there!! (Star if you get the film quote)

Flat earth theory is the dumbest thing i've ever heard of...

I've heard and seen A LOT dumber.
edit on 1442016 by TerryDon79 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 14 2016 @ 10:45 PM
link   
a reply to: TerryDon79

I don't know brother... This whole theory is based on a vague reference in the bible...

Yet the bible says the earth is round and flat... sort of...

FET pretty much tops the list of stupid theories

posted on Apr, 14 2016 @ 10:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: Akragon

I don't know brother... This whole theory is based on a vague reference in the bible...
Vague is an understatement. It's about as twisted and warped from ANY bible as it can be, while still being "biblical".

Yet the bible says the earth is round and flat... sort of...
Isn't the "flat bit" more about personal observation rather than the whole planet?

FET pretty much tops the list of stupid theories

Ever here of Nibiru? Was meant to hit us 4 times already yet it's "still coming for us". I'd say FET is probably 4th or 5th in my list of stupid theories.

posted on Apr, 14 2016 @ 11:19 PM
link   

Isn't the "flat bit" more about personal observation rather than the whole planet?

Well you can take the passage as you will... it says the earth is like a seal, which is flat...

Ever here of Nibiru? Was meant to hit us 4 times already yet it's "still coming for us". I'd say FET is probably 4th or 5th in my list of stupid theories.

Granted... but at least the whole Nibiru thing is possible however unlikely

Flat earth theory is just ridiculous... based on nothing really with no evidence what so ever

posted on Apr, 14 2016 @ 11:25 PM
link   
a reply to: Ericthedoubter

Did you come down a quarter-mile away?

Answer: No. You proved my point. Thanks.

Traveling straight forward and 90 degrees sideways at the same time? Jeez.

On a side note: I don't have an effin clue what the Earth is doing, neither do you. I would just like things to make sense, that's all - but they don't.

BTW, I wouldn't put 100% of faith in things you read, never mind that from Wiki....

posted on Apr, 14 2016 @ 11:45 PM
link   
a reply to: MidKnight I'm a Christian that believes the Earth is round and sphere like... not flat.
My friend is Christian and believes the world is flat... her reasoning to me is, how else will everyone see Jesus Christ's return if the world is not flat.
She sent me this, which I take as Gobbledygook nonsense in using bible quotes which "explain'' some things,

posted on Apr, 14 2016 @ 11:52 PM
link   

Everything makes sense if you read about it.Understanding that which you have read helps a lot,too.

Have fun.

posted on Apr, 15 2016 @ 06:05 AM
link   
a reply to: reddragon2015

did u know on higher math planes, 2+2 doesn't equal 4?

Yes, I do know that.

But its semantics - for all intents and purposes, in the real world 2+2 does indeed equal 4.

..... there's no such thing as "hard proof".

Yes, there is.
Some things simply are and can not be disproven.

It cannot be denied that when the sun goes down in the UK it rises in the antipodes - Australia / New Zealand - the flat earth theory cannot disprove that.

Science was built on the idea that it can be change and fluid. People revise science facts all the time.

Of course, and it's a good thing that it does.

But some things are a damn sight easier to prove and solve than others.
Just because the scientific model is constantly re-evaluating things doesn't mean that some things have been proven beyond doubt and we won't learn anything new about them.
The earth's shape is one of them things.

posted on Apr, 15 2016 @ 06:25 PM
link   

there's only science cause magic hasn't been discovered yet. Just last year, scienctist couldn't beleive there were animals living in the mouth of a volcano where the water was boiling temperature. Can science explain that?

posted on Apr, 15 2016 @ 07:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: reddragon2015

there's only science cause magic hasn't been discovered yet. Just last year, scienctist couldn't beleive there were animals living in the mouth of a volcano where the water was boiling temperature. Can science explain that?

uhm,...yea. read the research papers on it.

posted on Jun, 28 2016 @ 02:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: reddragon2015

did u know on higher math planes, 2+2 doesn't equal 4? there's no such thing as "hard proof". Science was built on the idea that it can be change and fluid. People revise science facts all the time. The last one was Einstein's theory. That was super recent too.

Can you please explain what you mean by "higher math planes". I've heard philosophy guys try to change the equations to change 2+2 = 4 to merging and other functions that aren't math. For quantity, 2 + 2 always = 4, unless you are using the numbers as metaphors for something else.

And of course there is hard proof. If somebody looks south from South Africa and then somebody else looks south from southern Chile, they will see the same stars at the same time, only tilted. On a flat earth model this is impossible as "south" points in different directions, while on a globe, south points to the south pole.
edit on 6 28 16 by Barcs because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join