It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gareth Thomas R.I.P. ( Roj Blake Blake's 7 )

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 14 2016 @ 07:19 AM
link   
I am surprised this wasn't posted earlier.

Gareth Thomas who played Roj Blake in the cult Si-Fi series " Blake's 7 ) has passed away age 71.

This was one of my all time fave Si-Fi series and had a huge following both in The U.K. and around the world.

R.I.P. Mr Thomas

www.bbc.co.uk...

posted on Apr, 14 2016 @ 07:59 AM
link   
a reply to: alldaylong
Personally I could never get into Blake's 7, but I'm sure the loss is mine and my wife never missed it.

RIP

posted on Apr, 14 2016 @ 08:19 AM
link   

Last night in the pub we were talking about re-makes of classic Sci-Fi TV series and films and Blakes 7 came up in the conversation.

I said how I used to really enjoy it and how I thought the scripts etc were excellent but when viewed now it did seem quite dated, probably due to modern day special effects and CGI etc.

I've got to say that Blakes 7 and Space 1999 were probably the two series that got me interested in Sci-Fi.

posted on Apr, 14 2016 @ 09:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: Freeborn

Last night in the pub we were talking about re-makes of classic Sci-Fi TV series and films and Blakes 7 came up in the conversation.

I said how I used to really enjoy it and how I thought the scripts etc were excellent but when viewed now it did seem quite dated, probably due to modern day special effects and CGI etc.

I've got to say that Blakes 7 and Space 1999 were probably the two series that got me interested in Sci-Fi.

Blake's 7
Dr.Who (the originals)
U.F.O
Red Dwarf

posted on Apr, 14 2016 @ 09:28 AM
link   
Loved Blakes 7 when i was a kid. By that time i'd found Dr Who a bit kidish and B7 was a real "adult" show. The only thing that let it down was the paper thin walls of the sets and the outdoor shots that all seemed to be shot in the same gravel pit in surrey. The costume designer seemed to know that flimsy material and no bras would appeal to 12 year old lads lol.

posted on Apr, 14 2016 @ 11:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gothmog

originally posted by: Freeborn

Blake's 7
Dr.Who (the originals)
U.F.O
Red Dwarf

I'd have to add Space 1999 now Freeborn has mentioned it. I had a fleet of the Dinky Eagle crafts when I was a kid - fighter craft and the transport ones with the little cannisters - Good grief, I wish I'd kept them, would make a pretty penny these days.

posted on Apr, 14 2016 @ 12:04 PM
link   
Seems all the good ones are leaving us

Probably set a million kids on the path of loving sci fi

posted on Apr, 14 2016 @ 12:11 PM
link   
Yes, I remember him.

Leader of the Liberator.

Bless.

posted on Apr, 14 2016 @ 03:47 PM
link   
a reply to: Gothmog

Plus Children of the Stones. That really sh1t me up as a kid.
RIP Gareth, a credit to Wales.

posted on Apr, 14 2016 @ 07:16 PM
link   
a reply to: Cymru
Yes. RIP to one of my early space heroes ,
Peace

new topics

top topics

join