It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Has Anyone Seen This Type of UFO?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 13 2016 @ 02:32 PM
link   
a reply to: Schmoe1223

Yep. Lots of times while I as sitting and watching the volcano (Etna) at night.

No, your eyes were not fooling you.

Interesting topic and read. Thanks.

peace

posted on Apr, 13 2016 @ 02:35 PM
link   

"It "skipped" across the sky, resembling almost exactly a rock being skipped across a pond."

Possibly some kind of experimental craft that employs the use of a multi-mode pulsed detonation propulsion system?

Hence the appearance of the craft skipping across the sky.
edit on 13-4-2016 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 13 2016 @ 02:43 PM
link   

Yes , I have.
Unfortunately I believe the UFO to be a satellite and the skipping effect to be caused by a type of Autokinetic effect.

The autokinetic effect (also referred to as autokinesis) is a phenomenon of visual perception in which a stationary, small point of light in an otherwise dark or featureless environment appears to move. It was first recorded by a Russian officer keeping watch who observed illusory movement of a star near the horizon
en.wikipedia.org...

Although the source references stationary objects I think the same must apply for dim slow moving objects moving across the night sky , as I said I have experienced what you saw and did think it odd but now believe it was caused by Autokinetic effect.

edit on 13-4-2016 by gortex because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 14 2016 @ 06:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: mazzroth
It was a Satellite with the air density in the upper atmosphere fluctuating causing light refraction to change giving the appearance of skipping.

I'll have to look into this, thank you.

posted on Apr, 14 2016 @ 06:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kandinsky

I wondered if you'd seen a satellite glint? It's when the sun reflects off a particular type of low altitude satellite. Your description of time and trajectory sounds right and I get stuck with the 'skipping' thing. The glint is usually called a 'flare' and describes how the brightness increases for a few seconds before returning back to normal. They can be the brightest things in the sky while they last.

If it's genuinely 'skipping' as in highly obtuse angles, it couldn't be a satellite so who knows?

I should have stated it in my OP, but it never changed in brightness.

posted on Apr, 14 2016 @ 06:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: seattlerat
I have heard these "skipping" UFOs referred to as "fastwalkers" in the documentary by the same name. I have not seen one, but apparently many people claim to have witnessed them.

here is a link to the documentary I mention fastwalkers documentary on youtube

Thanks I'll definitely be checking that documentary out

posted on Apr, 14 2016 @ 06:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: gortex

Yes , I have.
Unfortunately I believe the UFO to be a satellite and the skipping effect to be caused by a type of Autokinetic effect.

The autokinetic effect (also referred to as autokinesis) is a phenomenon of visual perception in which a stationary, small point of light in an otherwise dark or featureless environment appears to move. It was first recorded by a Russian officer keeping watch who observed illusory movement of a star near the horizon
en.wikipedia.org...

Although the source references stationary objects I think the same must apply for dim slow moving objects moving across the night sky , as I said I have experienced what you saw and did think it odd but now believe it was caused by Autokinetic effect.

I don't know, that's saying a stationary object in an otherwise dark and featureless environment. I had other stars for reference, and it disappeared from my line of sight beyond a building.

Thanks though, I certainly welcome all suggestions.

posted on Apr, 14 2016 @ 06:50 AM
link   
Sitkinak, Is., AK 1973, USCG LORAN station on an abandoned USAF DEW radar station. Isolated duty 163 miles from anyone. 23-26 aboard for a year with a two week leave 6 months in.

We would watch the "satellites" move steadily across the sky at very high altitudes. They would perform impossible 90 and greater degree changes in direction. Impossible because of the laws of inertia. Just about every night you could see them when it was crystal clear. Single, white light at an altitude you'd expect a satellite to be at.

We used to call them space bugs, so common they'd actually have a station-wide nickname.
edit on 14-4-2016 by tkwasny because: typo fix

posted on Apr, 14 2016 @ 02:33 PM
link   
When it/they skip, do you lose sight of them, or do they just suddenly briefly accelerate, then slow back down?

That would seem, though I'm hardly an expert on these sorts of things, to rule out some of the rumored X-plane type aircraft out there.

Cool story. Thanks.

posted on Apr, 15 2016 @ 03:08 PM
link   

I had a UFO sighting in the fall of 2014 that I very likely would have dismissed as a star, if the moon had not been as bright as it was that night.

At first, that's what I thought it actually was, then moved on to aircraft, then satellite, then drone before my brain ran out of logical options and accepted what my eyes were seeing.

It also skipped across the sky like a stone across a pond, and I may have actually used that exact comparison in my OP about it.

posted on Apr, 16 2016 @ 05:44 AM
link   
You know how when you stick a pencil into a glass of water and it appears broken or magically cut in half?.. I would guess that's the same kind of thing happening here. Like mazzroth said about the different air densitys causing refaction..the denser air (or pencil water)causes light to slow down as it enters, changing its direction or something. I'm no expert but that's what it sounds like is happening to me...

posted on Apr, 16 2016 @ 11:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: StratosFear
I have heard of at least one thing that it could possibly be, especially if a bit yellow or amber.

Nice sighting, no not Alien but certainly UFO in a classified sort of way.

I can't say whether it had any sort of yellowish tinge, I just remember it resembled a typical satellite in color and brightness. Neither changed the entire time I saw it.

posted on Apr, 16 2016 @ 11:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: geezlouise

I've had more than one experience, but this is exactly what I have seen once... in the state of Delaware. Near Philadelphia. That was my first ever sighting.

In fact, what you just described is so similar to my experience that I'm skeptical of you, lol.

Haha MORE skeptical you say? I'd think you'd believe my story more if you've seen the exact same thing

posted on Apr, 16 2016 @ 11:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: andy06shake

"It "skipped" across the sky, resembling almost exactly a rock being skipped across a pond."

Possibly some kind of experimental craft that employs the use of a multi-mode pulsed detonation propulsion system?

Hence the appearance of the craft skipping across the sky.

A sort of pulse engine would make sense to me based on the way it "skipped." It never disappeared during the skipping, but definitely appeared to accelerate and decelerate JUST before and after the "skip."

posted on Apr, 16 2016 @ 11:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: tigertatzen

I had a UFO sighting in the fall of 2014 that I very likely would have dismissed as a star, if the moon had not been as bright as it was that night.

At first, that's what I thought it actually was, then moved on to aircraft, then satellite, then drone before my brain ran out of logical options and accepted what my eyes were seeing.

It also skipped across the sky like a stone across a pond, and I may have actually used that exact comparison in my OP about it.

I can't seem to find your thread, do you mind linking it here?

posted on Apr, 17 2016 @ 12:09 AM
link   
a reply to: HawkeyeNation

Huh?!?

posted on Apr, 17 2016 @ 12:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: Schmoe1223

Hope this link works right the first
edit on 304612America/ChicagoSun, 17 Apr 2016 00:46:46 -050030am30107America/Chicago by tigertatzen because: My phone needs an old priest and a young priest :/[/editbwww.abovetopsecret.com...
edit on 305412America/ChicagoSun, 17 Apr 2016 00:54:57 -050030am30107America/Chicago by tigertatzen because: Omfg really

edit on 305812America/ChicagoSun, 17 Apr 2016 00:58:04 -050030am30107America/Chicago by tigertatzen because: ......
extra DIV

posted on Apr, 17 2016 @ 01:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: Schmoe1223

Hope this link works right the first
edit on 304612America/ChicagoSun, 17 Apr 2016 00:46:46 -050030am30107America/Chicago by tigertatzen because: My phone needs an old priest and a young priest :/[/editbwww.abovetopsecret.com...

Awesome, thank you.

I looked at the pictures you uploaded near the bottom of the first page, and I really can't say whether it's the same thing or not.

I know you described it as having many different-colored lights, the one I saw resembled a typical satellite in every way- brightness, size, color. None of that ever changed, just the way it moved. extra DIV

new topics

top topics

active topics

<< 1   >>

join