It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Has Anyone Seen This Type of UFO?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 12 2016 @ 10:47 PM
link   
I don't expect this thread to go anywhere, I'm simply asking if anyone has seen what I've seen or if anyone can explain it to me.

My lone UFO sighting came on a summer night a few years ago. I live just outside Philadelphia, PA. This sighting occurred at approximately 11pm.

I was working the night shift at a metal fabrication shop, and I went outside to take a smoke break. As I always do, I looked up at the stars, hoping to spot a satellite, perhaps a shooting star, but mostly just for the beauty of the stars in the summer night sky here. There's a simplicity in it that takes me away from all of life's stresses.

All of a sudden I'm fixated on what appears to be your typical satellite. They just look like a slowly moving star. This object looked exactly like that at first, slowly moving along, then it did something I haven't seen satellites do. It "skipped" across the sky, resembling almost exactly a rock being skipped across a pond. It did this quickly, until it disappeared from my line of sight behind a building. From start to finish, it moved in a straight trajectory, until it exited my line of sight.

I couldn't begin to guess whether it was alien or some type of "black project." It even could have been some sort of well-known space event for all I know.

Have any of you seen anything like this?

posted on Apr, 12 2016 @ 11:23 PM
link   
Yes i've seen that many times out here in the African Bush where i live.I honestly don't know if it's a ufo or a sattelite that just skips for some reason.Most satties do go in a straight line,we see many here-some nights i will see 4-6 sats go over in the timespan of 10 minutes.Then there's the "skippers".Sorry i can't be of more help but i am not sure if the skippers are just satties or something else.I have no idea why most sats travel in a straight line and some skip around like this,it Is weird.This is sort of a ufo hotspot,this region,but i don't want to automatically assume the skippers are ufo's too.

posted on Apr, 12 2016 @ 11:29 PM
link   
a reply to: Schmoe1223

I know exactly what you are talking about. I grew up in a very small town so there were no lights to block out the night sky. I would just lay on my trampoline late at night and look at the stars. I would see objects like you stated. Move slowly, like it was just a satellite or shooting star. Then it would zig zag or move from slow to fast. Moved to the city for past 10 years and just recently moved out of town so I can't wait to see if I'm able to observe the same thing.

Unfortunately I have no idea what it is.

posted on Apr, 12 2016 @ 11:32 PM
link   
I should also add that a lot of these objects that I would see were not direct but with the naked eye. I would focus on one item just so I could see thru my peripheral. This is getting me excited again. Just needs to warm up here in IA lol
edit on 12-4-2016 by HawkeyeNation because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 12 2016 @ 11:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: Raxoxane
Yes i've seen that many times out here in the African Bush where i live.I honestly don't know if it's a ufo or a sattelite that just skips for some reason.Most satties do go in a straight line,we see many here-some nights i will see 4-6 sats go over in the timespan of 10 minutes.Then there's the "skippers".Sorry i can't be of more help but i am not sure if the skippers are just satties or something else.I have no idea why most sats travel in a straight line and some skip around like this,it Is weird.This is sort of a ufo hotspot,this region,but i don't want to automatically assume the skippers are ufo's too.

Really interesting that you've seen them many times. Ever since I saw it I've been looking for them any chance I get, but no luck.

posted on Apr, 12 2016 @ 11:37 PM
link   
Is there a video on YouTube that shows this "skipping" effect? From just reading the comments here, it must be quite common. I'd love to see one of these skipper UFO's.

posted on Apr, 12 2016 @ 11:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: HawkeyeNation

I know exactly what you are talking about. I grew up in a very small town so there were no lights to block out the night sky. I would just lay on my trampoline late at night and look at the stars. I would see objects like you stated. Move slowly, like it was just a satellite or shooting star. Then it would zig zag or move from slow to fast. Moved to the city for past 10 years and just recently moved out of town so I can't wait to see if I'm able to observe the same thing.

While I don't live IN Philly, there's still light pollution, and, well, Philly isn't the cleanest place, but I still saw it.

Did you see it numerous times or only once?

posted on Apr, 12 2016 @ 11:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: Schmoe1223

originally posted by: HawkeyeNation

While I don't live IN Philly, there's still light pollution, and, well, Philly isn't the cleanest place, but I still saw it.

Did you see it numerous times or only once?

I can't remember exactly how many times but it was for sure more than 1x. Probably less than 10 but at that age I really had no real interest in UFO's or anything like that.

I thought...there was perhaps an explanation to what we may be seeing at one point here on ATS. Someone might be able to explain for us again!

posted on Apr, 13 2016 @ 12:03 AM
link   

I've seen one jump forward a fingers width.Only once,though.I assumed I'd moved slightly.

I would swear that I've seen a sat shoot another one,though.About two years ago.

posted on Apr, 13 2016 @ 12:11 AM
link   
It was a Satellite with the air density in the upper atmosphere fluctuating causing light refraction to change giving the appearance of skipping.

posted on Apr, 13 2016 @ 12:14 AM
link   

I wondered if you'd seen a satellite glint? It's when the sun reflects off a particular type of low altitude satellite. Your description of time and trajectory sounds right and I get stuck with the 'skipping' thing. The glint is usually called a 'flare' and describes how the brightness increases for a few seconds before returning back to normal. They can be the brightest things in the sky while they last.

If it's genuinely 'skipping' as in highly obtuse angles, it couldn't be a satellite so who knows?

posted on Apr, 13 2016 @ 01:05 AM
link   
Meteors might sometimes skip off the upper atmosphere like a stone on water if the entry angle is very shallow. A skip rather than a full entry and burn up maybe?

posted on Apr, 13 2016 @ 04:39 AM
link   
I watched a UFO video a long time ago where I saw a craft moving in hops, where it seemed to stretch to the next point. It looked a bit like how the USS enterprise warps at the beginning of star trek the next generation.
I Wish I could find it again.

posted on Apr, 13 2016 @ 07:28 AM
link   
I have heard of at least one thing that it could possibly be, especially if a bit yellow or amber.

Nice sighting, no not Alien but certainly UFO in a classified sort of way.

posted on Apr, 13 2016 @ 07:53 AM
link   
It could be slow moving asteroids hitting a slick spot in the atmosphere.

posted on Apr, 13 2016 @ 10:09 AM
link   
I have heard these "skipping" UFOs referred to as "fastwalkers" in the documentary by the same name. I have not seen one, but apparently many people claim to have witnessed them.

here is a link to the documentary I mention fastwalkers documentary on youtube

posted on Apr, 13 2016 @ 01:35 PM
link   
I know nothing about aircraft technology, but I have heard of aircraft that "bounce" off of the Earth's atmosphere in order to propel themselves at super-high speeds. I have no idea if that's possible or not, but your story reminds me of that.

posted on Apr, 13 2016 @ 01:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: mazzroth
It was a Satellite with the air density in the upper atmosphere fluctuating causing light refraction to change giving the appearance of skipping.

I've seen these many many times and every time I did I was thinking "satellite" alongside the above explanation. So I guess the question asked by Kandinsky seems pretty relevant in terms of what the actual skipping angle was. Small angle = satellite imo. Also, from my observations there are cases where it seems to slow down at particular moments just a bit which would add to the skipping way it appears. And altogether if it kept a straight trajectory (disregarding the skipping) I suppose it's a satellite.

Otherwise it'd mean that I've seen tens of UFOs. Which I highly doubt, though I've seen tens of real UFOs all at once (with physical ones included).
edit on 13-4-2016 by ch1n1t0 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 13 2016 @ 02:27 PM
link   

I've had more than one experience, but this is exactly what I have seen once... in the state of Delaware. Near Philadelphia. That was my first ever sighting.

In fact, what you just described is so similar to my experience that I'm skeptical of you, lol.

posted on Apr, 13 2016 @ 02:31 PM
link   
a reply to: mazzroth

Oh. What about if the light shoots downwards backwards, really fast? After it was moving in the other direction and appears to have stopped for a moment? I guess it could appear to stop if it changes direction to move towards you.

<<   2 >>

join