It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Enough whining! Here I offer my personal tips and testimony for loosing weight

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 12 2016 @ 01:39 PM
link   
Stop whining and contribute! I offer my personal tips and testimony for loosing weight.

A few threads have popped up concerning weight.
I prefer to provide solutions rather than the countless BS I've had to read concerning the subject.

With that being said, lets get into it.

Over the past 6 months I have made drastic lifestyle changes, and the results to back it up.

I have figured out the best way to loose weight, and it involves very little effort. In 6 months I have gone from 25% body fat to roughly 12%.

I have realized that advanced diets, pills, and other seemingly promising marketing pitches are complete BS.
The solution relies solely on realistic habit creation.

What do I mean by realistic habit creation?

Do not attempt to "Start" a diet, but infact just make little changes in the one you currently have.

For example, I just cut stuff out and learned to live with it:

Things I no longer consume. Whatsoever.

-All sodas or carbonated drink
-Milk that contains fat
-Dressings that contain fat
-Candy
-Most chips (I substitute for the "Baked" alternatives)
-Fries
-breaded chicken

Things I consume in moderation.

-Beer
-Whole grains
-Fast food
-microwave meals
-coffee

The list goes on forever but I just hit the major topics and youll get the point.

The general idea is to cut out the crap, and substitute crap for stuff thats less crappy!

The key is to form a habit!!

I know eating healthier sucks, but if you do it for long enough you will take pride. you will also adapt.

I am not asking too much. This is a very real plan, that will get results, if maintained.

I know it will be hard to do this at times, but remember that substituion is your friend.

For example, when you find your self at a fast food joint. Order the grilled chicken instead of the crispy. (Dont even consider ordering a burger)

When youre at the local Wrap place, order a spinach/whole grain wrap instead of the white. It tastes the same I promise!

If you start making these small changes in your life, they will add up.

Thats my positive 2 cents.

EDIT: I understand everyone has natural metabolism rates and genetic problems. Some can eat whatever they please and stay around 20% body fat, while others may be stuck around 35%. This doesnt matter. With my technique one should be able to drop anywhere between 5-15% body fat. No matter where they start. The key is not for looks, but to live healtier life. (And not have to buy two plane tickets)

EDIT: Yes this will work for EVERYONE. It is science that says if you intake less calories than normal, you will loose weight. I say you do not have to intake less calories, but intake healthier calories, but if you intake less calories aswell, even the better off you are!
edit on 12-4-2016 by frostie because: Content 2

EDIT: See one of my posts a few down to see tips on weight training. Remember, you can turn fat into muscle, while you also cut off fat!!

edit on 12-4-2016 by frostie because: Content 3

posted on Apr, 12 2016 @ 01:46 PM
link   
a reply to: frostie

So you have been successful at this for Six Whole Months!

Bully for you.

Why did you get out of control in the first place, what made you seek solace in beer and food?

posted on Apr, 12 2016 @ 01:50 PM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

I never considered myself "Out of control" and I am not sure on my exact specs at the time, just educated estimates.

Most become do not go out of control. They tend me maintain the same body fat percentage from childhood.

posted on Apr, 12 2016 @ 01:52 PM
link   

Over the past 6 months I have made drastic lifestyle changes, and the results to back it up.

I have figured out the best way to loose weight, and it involves very little effort. In 6 months I have gone from 25% body fat to roughly 12%.

Well done

I cannot gain fat at all but when I see how much work it takes to undo the calories of one candy bar I'm thankful for my metabolism.

I like your method of small adjustments here and there, you are testimony that they do add up over time and make a difference. It's the huge adjustments that put people off a lot of the time I think. That and the first day you are tempted to give up your diet/workout routine. That's the hardest part. There's no such thing as 'tomorrow' if you've lost your motivation, tomorrow is just the excuse. I'm glad you found a good way to lose fat for yourself, keep it up!

posted on Apr, 12 2016 @ 01:53 PM
link   
I'll jump on this wagon!

I have gained so much weight mostly due to laziness.

Today I said I would start these changes and I will. Let's see how this goes. I'll add some of my 2 cents with results.

posted on Apr, 12 2016 @ 02:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: jamiros
I'll jump on this wagon!

I have gained so much weight mostly due to laziness.

Today I said I would start these changes and I will. Let's see how this goes. I'll add some of my 2 cents with results.

You can still be lazy and loose weight!

Do not consider these changes as drastic, and remember the mental aspect to this.

If you ever feel at any time changes are becoming too much to handle, just slow down.

Make it a goal to cut out the basics.

For example, Dont bite off more than you can chew (pun intended), but choose a few basic things to stick to.

1. No soda
2. No candy

If you can maintain this for a week or two, then add some other things to the list!

The foods I have listed in the OP did not all get cut out on the first day.

posted on Apr, 12 2016 @ 02:09 PM
link   
Yea, losing weight is pretty easy if you can lose your addiction to bread, soda, beer, sugary treats, fried food, sugary treats and anything else that is bad for you. Eat veggies, fats and meats (or beans/tofu if your vegitarian).

I did that, and added tumeric daily and cooked with coconut oil for a few monthes. I think I lost around 40-50 pounds without any change in exercise.

When youre at the local Wrap place, order a spinach/whole grain wrap instead of the white. It tastes the same I promise!

Have you read the back of a "spinach whole grain wrap" before? They usually have little to no vegtables and contain a ton of artificial ingrediants. It seems like a psuedo-healthy choice to me.

Your method will probably work for people who want to lose a little weight. However, if one wants to lose alot of weight, they're going to have to alter their entire eating lifestyle. Maybe even exercise.

In any case, dedication and motivation is the key to any weight loss.

edit on 12-4-2016 by blueman12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 12 2016 @ 02:12 PM
link   
a reply to: blueman12

Have you read the back of a "spinach whole grain wrap" before? They usually have little to no vegtables and contain a ton of artificial ingrediants. It seems like a psuedo-healthy choice to me. You're method will probably work for people who want to lose a little weight. However, if one wants to lose alot of weight, they're going to have to alter their entire eating lifestyle. Maybe even exercise. In any case, dedication and motivation is the key to any weight loss.

No I do not know the nutrition facts on them, but the main point I was making is the mental aspect. Looking for alternatives in public situations.

I agree that if you want too loose major weight, more steps should be taken. I will say the chance of failure with a more intense method is much higher.

posted on Apr, 12 2016 @ 02:12 PM
link   

You're definitely right frostie...little changes can and do add up to significant amounts. I seriously started focusing on dieting and working out about 3 months ago. I've gone from 217 lbs to about 195. I've tried to keep my daily calorie intake to between 1800 and 2000 and try to work out 4 times a week with both cardio and weights. I also swapped coffee for tea. I definitely have more energy and feel healthier. I'd like to target 185 lbs and see how I look and feel at that point.

posted on Apr, 12 2016 @ 02:14 PM
link   
Your plan sounds good. I would also advise anyone to give up food that triggers them to eat more.
For example before I couldn't have a few crisps (chips in the usa) I would eat a whole bag. So i judt dont eat them now.
These are the foods to avoid at all costs because your hunger will never be satisfied.. and you will still feel hungry after eating them, which is actually your sub concious mind playing tricks on you.

Also plenty of water, especially with meals. Use a smaller plate for you meals and put your food/utensils down between bites. Chew the food more before swallowing and try to make the meal last approx 20 mins.
These tips will make you feel more full after a meal.

The simplest part is you must burn more calories that you consume. . So try and stay within a healthy margin, adjusting that to how active you are.

These things worked for me. It's difficult at first but once you get into the habit (between 2 -4 weeks) the weight will fly off.

I do have knowledge and experience in this area, if anyone wanted a private chat, support or advice in private, please feel free to u2u me.

edit on 12/4/16 by Misterlondon because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 12 2016 @ 02:18 PM
link   
a reply to: peter_kandra

Very nice!

Have you heard of super setting?

It is when you do not rest during your workouts. Instead, you switch between two different workouts to keep your heart rate up. In return this will burn more calories and act as cardio.

For example,

Do a set of bicep curls, then a set of tricep dips. (Repeat 3-6 times)

Do a set of concentrated preacher curls, then a set of tricep extensions. (Repeat 3-6 times)

Do a set of hammer curls, then a set of skullcrushers. (Repeat 3-6 times)

(This would be an example for arm day, but can be done with any two muscles)

This is all done with very little rest inbetween. This will be hard at first, but in the long run it will increase your muscle endurance and enable you to burn more calories.

I am slowly becoming a bodybuilder and this is one of the types of workouts I do.

Remember, you can transform any fat into muscle.

posted on Apr, 12 2016 @ 02:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: Misterlondon
Your plan sounds good. I would also advise anyone to give up food that triggers them to eat more.
For example before I couldn't have a few crisps (chips in the usa) I would eat a whole bag. So i judt dont eat them now.
These are the foods to avoid at all costs because your hunger will never be satisfied.. and you will still feel hungry after eating them, which is actually your sub concious mind playing tricks on you.

Also plenty of water, especially with meals. Use a smaller plate for you meals and put your food/utensils down between bites. Chew the food more before swallowing and try to make the meal last approx 20 mins.
These tips will make you feel more full after a meal.

The simplest part is you must burn more calories that you consume. . So try and stay within a healthy margin, adjusting that to how active you are.

These things worked for me. It's difficult at first but once you get into the habit (between 2 -4 weeks) the weight will fly off.

I do have knowledge and experience in this area, if anyone wanted a private chat, support or advice in private, please feel free to u2u me.

edit on 12-4-2016 by nomebear because: In avoiding all sugars, starches, and refined foods I dropped 40 lbs. in two months.Just say no to the refined products.

posted on Apr, 12 2016 @ 02:24 PM
link   
a reply to: Misterlondon

Very good point.

The whole psychological factor plays a huge role.

-Dont eat infront of the TV.

-Eat more smaller meals throughout the day, instead of 2 or 3 big ones. (This helps boost metabolism)

-Never, ever cheat. Not just once or here and there. Never cheat.

posted on Apr, 12 2016 @ 02:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: blueman12
Yea, losing weight is pretty easy if you can lose your addiction to bread, soda, beer, sugary treats, fried food, sugary treats and anything else that is bad for you. Eat veggies, fats and meats (or beans/tofu if your vegitarian).

I did that, and added tumeric daily and cooked with coconut oil for a few monthes. I think I lost around 40-50 pounds without any change in exercise.

Have you read the back of a "spinach whole grain wrap" before? They usually have little to no vegtables and contain a ton of artificial ingrediants. It seems like a psuedo-healthy choice to me.

Your method will probably work for people who want to lose a little weight. However, if one wants to lose alot of weight, they're going to have to alter their entire eating lifestyle. Maybe even exercise.

In any case, dedication and motivation is the key to any weight loss.

Sounds nice..

Something I used to do was have a breakfast cereal in the morning and load it with fruit.
Here we have Kellogs cornflakes or special k... They do contain sugar but if you concentrate on the calories in that meal, more than anything else.
That used to fill me up until luchtime.

And I would do the same with evening meals but load them with veg.

Another good to is to plan your food in advance, so make a food plan of what you will eat the next day. Share that with someone else, and what it does by writing it and sharing it, will help your mind to commit to it.. sounds weird but will make a huge difference. .

posted on Apr, 12 2016 @ 02:39 PM
link   

Yes. I work out with a trainer once a week and go solo the other 3 or 4 times. He regularly has me do supersets.
I definitely agree with transforming any fat into muscle. I saw a picture online recently comparing 5 lbs of fat with 5 lbs of muscle and that was certainly a motivator.

posted on Apr, 12 2016 @ 02:53 PM
link   
Best advice yet for those upset about the weight lose thread...and it works. Just add the calories burned must exceed the calories eaten...that is exercise for those stuck on a lap top and lost in the internet void.
Cheers

posted on Apr, 12 2016 @ 02:53 PM
link   
Best advice yet for those upset about the weight lose thread...and it works. Just add the calories burned must exceed the calories eaten...that is exercise for those stuck on a lap top and lost in the internet void.
Cheers

posted on Apr, 12 2016 @ 03:01 PM
link   

TL : DR

eat less - do more - simples

posted on Apr, 12 2016 @ 03:26 PM
link   

I never considered myself "Out of control" and I am not sure on my exact specs at the time, just educated estimates.

Oh.

I was coming from a place of advanced years. Whatever bad habits we develop when we are young tend to grow with age, unless we deal with the root causes behind them.

Over eating or alcohol are just symptoms of the real underlying problems. You say you weren't out of control, fine. I guess the reasons I cited are the BS whining, then.

edit on 12-4-2016 by intrptr because: spelling

posted on Apr, 12 2016 @ 03:54 PM
link   
All I need to do to drop weight is to eat nothing but soup. I can drop twenty pounds in about a month and it stays off. Homemade soups though, not that canned stuff. I didn't do it last year, I did it two other years though. It eventually comes back on over the year. I like doing it in the summer best.

If I eat a lot of cruciferous veggies, I gain weight. I also have to avoid goitrogenic foods in excess or I gain weight. Sulfur foods in general lead me to weight gain. If I were to eat breakfast pork sausages every day, I would lose weight, but bacon doesn't work for that. If I drink three or four beers a day for about three weeks, I also dump around twenty pounds. That is because it gives me hangovers and I do not feel like eating and a good beer will clean me out.

This might sound a little strange, but I am sixty and know what will make me drop weight quickly from experience over the years.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join