It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Enough whining! Here I offer my personal tips and testimony for loosing weight

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 17 2016 @ 12:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: BrokedownChevy
a reply to: frostie

Wait...what? Bulking and cutting is nonsense? That's honestly a very immature approach considering you're a total beginner. You haven't actually done anything except lose easy fat and you've already had a negative opinion formed about what is considered common knowledge. That's not good man. It's the only known method of putting on muscle mass without the use of steroids. Listen brah. You need to spend more time talking to bodybuilders. There is no such thing as adding only clean mass. If someone told you it's possible then well...you're being given advice by someone who isn't being honest or is stupid. You have to eat at a calorie surplus to put on mass. Make sure your macros are in check and at the right ratios then you gotta put in time on a good program such as all pro. There's nothing else to it than that. You will gain fat when you put on muscle. It's normal. Then you cut brah. It's the only way to do it. You can't just put on muscle lol. It doesn't work like that. It takes years of lifting to get a nice body at 8%. You're talking about bodybuilder numbers and you're still trying to get your fat under control. Take a few steps back and be more realistic with your goals. Going from 12% to the 8% you want would probably take another two years of solid effort then you can switch to an intermediate lifting program and another year to get to an advanced workout. You do realize that you can't consider yourself anything more than a beginner until you can bench over twice your own weight? That's a lot and it sounds like you're not even remotely close to that.

No offense, but this thread revolves around loosing weight, not bodybuilding. Yes Ive made one post referencing the community. I am showing how to lead a healthier lifestyle, that doesn't revolve around aesthetics.

Also, nor I did never refer to myself as a bodybuilder, just building for lean mass. Which is very and 100% possible. "Bulking and cutting" is only a recent trend in human history.

Yes I am putting on fat, but a minimal amount. Its possible to maintain 8-12 BF while gaining

I love when people exercise for a few months and think they're experts when there's weightlifters out there with amazing bodies and years of experience who all say the same things over and over. It takes years of effort just to get to the initial point of what you want in the mirror. Bodybuilding is a life long practice and it requires serious dedication. 3 times a week as a beginner, 2 times as an advanced lifter.

Don't mislead people with your 7 months of experience because it isn't a lot in reality. Lifters eat well their entire lives and youve only made it a few months. No offense but you have a long way to go. You're actually just starting.

Hey meathead, Not everyone who excersices does it for looks. youre good at inferring things arnt you?

These statements do not belong in this thread, let alone this website.

Go back to your alpha male lifting forum and show up other noobs.

EDIT: The Clean Bulk: www.bodybuilding.com...

Please specifically note the clean vs dirty bulk diet and the differences listed between the amount of fat, and carbs. Oh, and notice the clean bulk diet has more proteins aswell.

These are just examples, but hopefully you can understand theres more than one way to get the job done.

edit on 17-4-2016 by frostie because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 17 2016 @ 04:26 PM
link   

Ah I thought you were a bodybuilder, my mistake.
TBH you're gonna overtrain and retard gains doing supersets at the stage you're at. You should be doing compound sets instead but don't take my word for it, there's plenty of information out there to support it.

posted on Apr, 17 2016 @ 06:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: MagnaCarta2015

TBH you're gonna overtrain and retard gains doing supersets at the stage you're at. You should be doing compound sets instead but don't take my word for it, there's plenty of information out there to support it.

I am purposely "Over-training"

When most people say "Over-training" they actually are referring to "Over-Reaching."

Over training is more like a disorder that is formed after months of Over-Reaching.

I am Over-Reaching for a few weeks, then slowing back down before it becomes harmful.

The purpose of me doing this is because there is evidence that this type of training can kick start my muscles and force them to grow faster and stronger, very quickly.

swolhq.com...

Wow a source from "swolehq" that means its legit!

Ah I thought you were a bodybuilder, my mistake.

Some of my diet and programs mimic that of a bodybuilder.

Most bodybuilders are now mimicking "my plan" in the off season with the "Clean bulk."

Link found in my post directly above.

posted on May, 21 2016 @ 11:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr

So you have been successful at this for Six Whole Months!

Bully for you.

Why did you get out of control in the first place, what made you seek solace in beer and food?

And what do YOU have to add that is positive and helpful. Clown.

posted on May, 22 2016 @ 02:19 AM
link   
LOL.... I actually expected to find something different and unusual in the OP.

But why "substitute" chips with anything? What kind of meal does one usually include "chips" in????

posted on May, 22 2016 @ 07:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: BiffTannen

originally posted by: intrptr

So you have been successful at this for Six Whole Months!

Bully for you.

Why did you get out of control in the first place, what made you seek solace in beer and food?

And what do YOU have to add that is positive and helpful. Clown.

Put another way, life is life long, overcoming bad habits is easy, quitting is easy… staying quit is harder.

I can be successful at will power for a time, but if I don't deal with the underlying causes that move me to escape into addictions, then I am just biding time until the next relapse with whatever substance abuse I suffer from.

Positive smositive, diet and exercise are fine, if you feel the need to overcome… (what are you overcoming)?

edit on 22-5-2016 by intrptr because: spelling

edit on 22-5-2016 by intrptr because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join