It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'I was struck with multiple blows': inside the secret violence of Homan Square

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 11 2016 @ 01:28 PM
link   
The Guardian (website news) has obtained some documents about the famous Chicago Police "warehouse" known as Homan Square.

Police (allegedly) bring prisoners (arrestees) there and don't tell anybody, resulting in secrecy and no lawyers, and possible physical interrogation methods.

The Chicago Police Department is currently under federal investigation(s) for alleged brutality.

The Homan Square building is "officially" headquarters for the organized-crime bureau.

The article is long and has lots of details.

'I was struck with multiple blows': inside the secret violence of Homan Square

Documents disclosed in Guardian lawsuit reveal for first time how Chicago police used punches, baton blows and Tasers at the off-the-books interrogation site

Internal documents from the Chicago police department show that officers used physical force on at least 14 men already in custody at the warehouse known as Homan Square.

Police used punches, knee strikes, elbow strikes, slaps, wrist twists, baton blows and Tasers at Homan Square, according to documents released to the Guardian in the course of its transparency lawsuit about the warehouse. The new information contradicts an official denial about treatment of prisoners at the facility.

The injured men are among at least 7,351 people – more than 6,000 of them black – who, police documents show, have been detained and interrogated at Homan Square without a public notice of their whereabouts or access to an attorney.

Big Government, Big Police

edit on Apr-11-2016 by xuenchen because: battons and batteries

posted on Apr, 11 2016 @ 01:31 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

Kind of like Chicago's own little Gitmo. Maybe Rahm Con can take a queue from Dear Leader and close it down.

posted on Apr, 11 2016 @ 01:51 PM
link   
And this election season is a battle between people who want government to be this big at the federal level. After everything we've seen with the CIA water boarding, Abu Graib prison, Americans being killed in drone strikes, and other crimes against the constitution, and now individual police departments operating their own black sites... I just don't get the people who want to make government, at any level, larger and more powerful.

It's going to be an interesting decade or two as we watch this nation become the gangster government paradise similar to Russia after the end of the Cold War.

posted on Apr, 11 2016 @ 01:59 PM
link   
Chigcago organizers love their organized organizations.

Was the Organized crime bureau organized by community organizers like Obama?

posted on Apr, 11 2016 @ 02:10 PM
link   
a reply to: projectvxn

Damn straight, brother.

Government needs to be kept on a tight leash. When we snap it, they come to heel. And when they don't, they cower in the corner.

OP, great expose opportunity here. Im gonna have to spend time digesting the whole thing. Im familiar with the story....but now that there are details I think its time to dig in.

Thanks for sharing.

posted on Apr, 11 2016 @ 02:16 PM
link   

Big military, big government.

edit on 11-4-2016 by MystikMushroom because: (no reason given)
extra DIV

posted on Apr, 11 2016 @ 02:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: MystikMushroom

And yet ... you are one of the biggest proponents of

Big Government on here. Day after day, you advocate for more of it with more control over all of us at every level.

Why hasn't your head exploded yet? extra DIV

posted on Apr, 11 2016 @ 02:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: MystikMushroom

That could very well be what we as a nation end up with.

Not overseas either.

Right here in the big city big crime areas.

Chicago fits the profile and some other cities as well.

This Homan Square scandal will fit into Obama's planning I think.

edit on Apr-11-2016 by xuenchen because: format??
extra DIV

posted on Apr, 11 2016 @ 02:38 PM
link   
What's the format problem all about ?

posted on Apr, 11 2016 @ 02:47 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

And you and folks of your political persuasion have no problem spending trillions of dollars an an inflated and bloated military budget to quote, "protect America's freedoms!"

posted on Apr, 11 2016 @ 02:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen
What's the format problem all about ?

We broke the system with our total awesomeness. You, me and Ketsuko.

Mwahaha

posted on Apr, 11 2016 @ 02:48 PM
link   
a reply to: MystikMushroom

Thanks for leaving me out man.

posted on Apr, 11 2016 @ 02:50 PM
link   

We so seldom get into that discussion.

There are places the military budget could be trimmed.

My personal plan is to trim 10% from every department across the board every year until we are running in the black. Then we look at priorities. It so happens that military is a COTUS priority where some other things are not.
edit on 11-4-2016 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 11 2016 @ 02:51 PM
link   

I'm a huge fan of the constitutional rights of criminal suspects, but have you seen the crime problem in Chicago?

I'm sure that some of this was warranted, to a certain extent, but I certainly don't condone the behavior, nor the cost to the taxpayers that will result from the class-action lawsuit against the city.

But have you seen the crime rate in Chicago???

posted on Apr, 11 2016 @ 02:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

My personal plan is to trim 10% from every department across the board every year until we are running in the black. Then we look at priorities. It so happens that military is a COTUS priority where some other things are not.

Wow, You can do that? I'm impressed!!

edit on 11-4-2016 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 11 2016 @ 03:07 PM
link   

That is all.

posted on Apr, 11 2016 @ 03:09 PM
link   
a reply to: SlapMonkey

I've seen it first hand.

and here's that website that tracks Chicago shootings....

Chicago Jackass

761 shootings as of this morning.

posted on Apr, 11 2016 @ 03:10 PM
link   
a reply to: Klassified

Looks like the Chicago government is well aware of that doesn't it.

posted on Apr, 11 2016 @ 03:41 PM
link   

What's kind of sad is that Spencer Ackerman reported on Homan Square in February 2015 and by all accounts, not much has changed there. I recall Tracy Siska from Chicago Justice Project saying at the time that even though they published the report, they didn't suspect anything would change because people just don't care enough. Looks like they were right.

posted on Apr, 11 2016 @ 04:23 PM
link   

The cops have beat you up rooms. Ive seen them. At least in Richardson Texas anyways.

new topics

top topics

active topics

<<   2 >>

join