It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My first dating disaster...

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 11 2016 @ 09:07 AM
link   
Man, I'm so glad to be married and not playing the dating game anymore.

Of course, marriage does have its own challenges... naaah, still better than trying to find a decent date.

posted on Apr, 11 2016 @ 09:23 AM
link   
a reply to: SomeDumbBroad

Worst dates?

So, picture the scene. You are a metal head boy in your late teens. The woman you are engaged to has agreed to meet you at two in the afternoon outside the train station in town. It is a summers day, but a wind is blowing and clouds have covered the sky since you left home, with only a t shirt and a hoody. You arrive at the station at least a half hour early, to ensure that you are not late. It begins to rain at quarter to two, but you do not mind, because the woman you love will be there soon, and because a summer shower is pleasantly warmer than a winter one, and pleasantly cooler than a summers day. Two o'clock comes and goes, with no sign of your lady. You send a text message. Three hours later, you get a response. An hour an a half after that, she actually arrives, with her ex boyfriend in tow, both grinning like maniacs. You have wet body parts that you did not know existed, your lady has only avoided standing you up because you have the patience of a stone golem, and she arrives with her ex.

Still...getting warm again took an awfully long time, heh...so that's something.

My favourite one though? I meet a girl, having seen her around places. She's into the stuff I like musically and in terms of film preferences, so I invite her for a drink one night at a bar I like to frequent. She arrives, scowls at everything and everyone, at which point I ask her if she's ok, if she would like to be anywhere else. She replies that no, she's fine, and so I ask her what she would like from the bar, and buy it for her. We retreat from the bartop, and occupy a corner booth near the back, where there is some semblance of privacy. OP, you are new around here, but as I am sure that many of my fellow members can attest, I am a man who is never short of a word to say, or an interesting topic or approach to a topic to discuss.

So here I am with a lady who shares much in common with me, and yet, do you think I can get anything approaching a three word answer out of her to any utterance I might have made? Three quarters of an hour, and three drinks later (more time is spent drinking, when one is not talking, I find), I still have not had a sentence out of the lass, and have received no explanation for the sort of mood she appears to be in, despite my having asked some leading questions, like "Would you like to get something to eat?", or "Shall we hit some other places, see what is going on in some other joint?". I literally had the olive branch out, as if to say "Look, this place is my bag, but if it is not yours, we can get out of here and go some place better suited to your preferences!".

No matter what I did or said, I got nothing. It was like talking to an angry bag of sand.

She left before it even became nine o'clock, and to this day I cannot figure out what the hell that was all about.

posted on Apr, 11 2016 @ 09:49 AM
link   

He didnt even try to get laid lol.

He knew he F#ed up.

posted on Apr, 11 2016 @ 09:53 AM
link   
I once got set up on a blind date. We agreed to meet at a bar. She brought her boyfriend.

And, no, she didn't have a kinky agenda. She just wanted to be with her boyfriend. She initially claimed he was just dropping her off. But he stayed and stayed. He wouldn't talk to me. But he occasionally whispered things to her.

Seeing where this was going, I excused myself when I saw some friends come into the bar. My "date" and her boyfriend eventually left.

The friend who set me up was strangely unapologetic. Luckily, I don't think the girl and I would have hit it off, even in a traditional dating scenario. So it's all for the best.

But it was a classic blind date disaster.

posted on Apr, 11 2016 @ 09:59 AM
link   

I think the most frustrating part of this to listen to was your roommate's assumption that there's something wrong with you for not wanting to date party kids with no direction. Dates a person were coerced into are probably not going to be very fun.

Thank you for the story, though!

posted on Apr, 11 2016 @ 10:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: Abysha
Dates a person were coerced into are probably not going to be very fun.

Hmm, that could have been my problem.

I would ask, they would say no, but, with women, no means no, no means yes, yes means maybe so chloroform.

posted on Apr, 11 2016 @ 10:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

Dates a person were coerced into are probably not going to be very fun.

Hmm, that could have been my problem.

I would ask, they would say no, but, with women, no means no, no means yes, yes means maybe so chloroform.

I'm glad I am familiar enough with you to not take that seriously and get all bent out of shape, hah!

posted on Apr, 11 2016 @ 10:21 AM
link   

I'm glad I am familiar enough with you to not take that seriously and get all bent out of shape, hah!

It would have been fun if you got worked up. I like when they struggle.

posted on Apr, 11 2016 @ 10:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

Sounds awful.

Go date a few chicks and post your highly detailed experiences here.

Preferably all at once.

posted on Apr, 11 2016 @ 10:26 AM
link   

Yha, whats the problem. Holding out forever because of your moral code and then randomly dating some stranger. Trick is to know something about them in advance. You said you been on 'many dates' now, obviously you have something to offer, how about be yourself, instead of what they want you to be?

Sooner or late one will 'click'. If not the problem is you.

posted on Apr, 11 2016 @ 10:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: TrueBrit
She left before it even became nine o'clock, and to this day I cannot figure out what the hell that was all about.

Some people are just idiots, that's what it boils down to, they'll say yes to anything on a whim without actually processing what it is they're being asked and thus end up wasting yours and their time.

posted on Apr, 11 2016 @ 10:50 AM
link   
a reply to: Discotech

Well sure, but there is a difference between not being down with a date, and not being down with being a human, rather than a freaking wall with an attitude.

posted on Apr, 11 2016 @ 10:53 AM
link   
Really, the key to any memorable date really is attention to detail...I learned this when, distracted by her beauty, I accidentally dropped the roofie in my own drink. I'm such a dunce sometimes.

posted on Apr, 11 2016 @ 10:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr

Yha, whats the problem. Holding out forever because of your moral code and then randomly dating some stranger. Trick is to know something about them in advance. You said you been on 'many dates' now, obviously you have something to offer, how about be yourself, instead of what they want you to be?

Sooner or late one will 'click'. If not the problem is you.

Why is not dating somebody who doesn't interest you considered a "moral code"?

posted on Apr, 11 2016 @ 10:58 AM
link   
a reply to: Abysha

I have met lots of people who only go on dates as a pretext to get their gun off so to speak. I would call that morally retarded behaviour. Persons who do not get down that way, generally have some sort of moral code that they work to, whether consciously or not.

posted on Apr, 11 2016 @ 10:59 AM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit

That is rather weird behavior. I have been on a first date with someone where I knew (through no fault of their own really) right away that it wasn't going to work out, but I was polite and congenial during the date. It's called "manners", I believe.

posted on Apr, 11 2016 @ 11:05 AM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit

Live by the 30 minute rule man, makes life so much simpler, if you don't feel the date is going well after 30 minutes (this counts if they're 30 minutes late too) then just say thanks but no thanks and walk away, there's billions of other potential dates on this planet but not as many minutes to find that someone special.

You can still be a Gentleman with using this rule, just not so much of a pushover as most gents tend to be

posted on Apr, 11 2016 @ 11:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: IAMTAT
...I accidentally dropped the roofie in my own drink.

Do she take advantage of you or did you have to do it yourself?

posted on Apr, 11 2016 @ 11:12 AM
link   

dont think you sound like a bitch.

The guy sounded like a dick.

posted on Apr, 11 2016 @ 11:13 AM
link   
a reply to: Discotech

Heh... Thing is, at the time the only place I would have stauntered off to would have been the bar we were at. I lived there at the time you see. And I do not mean "It was my local, know what I mean?". I mean that I lived out the back of the place. I gave her every opportunity to either get into it, or bugger off, and after making it super awkward, spending some hours making it clear that she was not down with anything, me, the place, the day of the week and the direction of spin of the whole planet in general, she did, eventually take her leave.

I did not shout "CALL ME!", like a simpering fool when she left. I just waved.

Still, that left me a couple of solid hours playing pool and drinking my head off, so that was nice! Small commute home as well

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join