It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I know I'm crazy, because....

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 9 2016 @ 12:16 PM
link   
We're all a bit crazy about something, I assume. And we know it. What is it you do, say, avoid or engage in, you are at the same time proud and ashamed of?

I know I'm crazy, because....

I do jewelry as some sort of a hobby. Occassionally I sell some of my pieces. But I could sell much more if I would not be addicted to my own jewelry. The best neckletts I always want to keep for myself. And I do. I have more than ..... well....hmmm...I don't even know how many...ninety?....or more?....

It seem to be impossible for me to give a pieces away that I like so much. I know I have only one neck. I know I have at least ten or more black neckletts...

When I'm utterly broke I do sell some of my best pieces, out of desperation. And it hurts, to not have those pieces anymore, I had to sell.

That's one part of my kind of behaviour were I definitly know I'm crazy, because I rather fast from eating for a few days than selling my best pieces.

(This is also a place where I'll try to upload some pictures of my jewelry I already sold. I need to learn how to embed a picture and also videos. Now I'll go and read how to do that.)

posted on Apr, 9 2016 @ 12:27 PM
link   
a reply to: Willingly

"I know I'm crazy, because...."

The people I keep locked in my basement keep telling me so!

Show us your art!

posted on Apr, 9 2016 @ 12:28 PM
link   

I know I'm crazy because I'm still here after 6 years.

posted on Apr, 9 2016 @ 12:31 PM
link   

I'm a different kind of crazy.

I give stuff away or destroy things I make without much difficulty at all! Even though I fall deeply in love with my creations, too, I am particularly detached in that I believe I can do it again or recreate things so it's ok to just let them go. Also, I can tell it makes other people feel special when they receive some handmade art craft, and that's worth more than anything I could ever make and possess.

posted on Apr, 9 2016 @ 12:34 PM
link   
I don't know if I am crazy, but the voices inside my head keep telling me I'm not and that everybody else is.

posted on Apr, 9 2016 @ 12:37 PM
link   
Truly crazy people don't know they're crazy...
I know I'm not. It's the lizard people who are in league with the CIA and Starbucks that are the ones that keep me from my hobby of huffing urinal cakes in public restrooms.
Oh, and the homosexual vampire underground spit in your food at McDonalds...

Edit: I love your jewelry. Can't wait for more pics. Anything turquoise? Magnetite?
edit on 9-4-2016 by the owlbear because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 9 2016 @ 12:42 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

Show us your art!

I'm embarrassed of myself because I can't figure out how to embed my pictures in a thread. Can you give me guidence? As you can see I can upload a picture and make it my avatar. That far I made it already.

Please tell me how to do it. And keep in mind I'm a technical retard.

Thanks in advance.

(I hope that is not too much to ask for.)

posted on Apr, 9 2016 @ 12:43 PM
link   
a reply to: gortex

I know I'm crazy because I'm still here after 6 years.

I call that courage.

posted on Apr, 9 2016 @ 12:43 PM
link   

I used to dive in dumpsters, digging through others garbage. I still have a garage full of stuff i don't know the value of. Some of what I collected is jewelry, two suitcases full over the years. Most of the pieces worth a darn are gone though, snagged up by hawks at flea markets that took advantage of, I dunno what I got.

So am I crazy? All that stuff was headed for landfill, I returned it to circulation.

posted on Apr, 9 2016 @ 12:44 PM
link   

when you click the saved picture in your uploads there are three different choices.

I go for the top one and copy paste it in a thread.

posted on Apr, 9 2016 @ 12:47 PM
link   
a reply to: geezlouise

Also, I can tell it makes other people feel special when they receive some handmade art craft, and that's worth more than anything I could ever make and possess.

I have given away some of my pieces for free too, of course. I'm talking about selling them. That's what makes me uncomfortable.

My mother also has at least twenty or more neckletts. I nowerdays have to come up with other gifts for birthday and christmas. My lazy days are over. Now she gets books and such.

posted on Apr, 9 2016 @ 12:51 PM
link   
a reply to: Cobaltic1978

I don't know if I am crazy, but the voices inside my head keep telling me I'm not and that everybody else is.

The voice in my head only says, "this necklett you must keep! That's the best one you ever made!"

posted on Apr, 9 2016 @ 01:03 PM
link   
a reply to: the owlbear

Truly crazy people don't know they're crazy...

I think they do, but don't admit it.

I know I'm not. It's the lizard people who are in league with the CIA and Starbucks that are the ones that keep me from my hobby of huffing urinal cakes in public restrooms.

lol...

Oh, and the homosexual vampire underground spit in your food at McDonalds...

Since when do homosexuals work at McDonalds? The ones I know write good literature and run fancy night-clubs.

I love your jewelry. Can't wait for more pics. Anything turquoise? Magnetite?

All kinds of...but I don't photograph them anymore. The ones I did photograph are old-style from years ago. Nowerdays I have a different style. I only do huge and big neckletts with a somehow ethnic feel to it.

posted on Apr, 9 2016 @ 01:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr

I used to dive in dumpsters, digging through others garbage. I still have a garage full of stuff i don't know the value of. Some of what I collected is jewelry, two suitcases full over the years. Most of the pieces worth a darn are gone though, snagged up by hawks at flea markets that took advantage of, I dunno what I got.

So am I crazy? All that stuff was headed for landfill, I returned it to circulation.

All of these years and you're still a mystery wrapped in an enigma, intptr...
Add trash can entrepreneur to the name. Two suitcases full of jewelry is no small feat dumpster diving. What other cool stuff did you find? Maybe you should make a thread. I'd hate to derail this one entirely...but I'm curious.

posted on Apr, 9 2016 @ 01:11 PM
link   

when you click the saved picture in your uploads there are three different choices. I go for the top one and copy paste it in a thread.

Okay. Let me try now....

When I click on "insert from your library" there is nothing that shows up. But I did upload some pictures already. How can I exess them from here? From a reply? That's what I don't get.

But I uploaded them, my pictures, in the avatar-upload section. Is that the problem?

Please guide me step by step, if you are compassionate with someone like me, who is too stupid to get very basic computer stuff done. (I'm born in the 1960's!!!)

Thanks in advance.

posted on Apr, 9 2016 @ 01:12 PM
link   

Let's see them...it's hard for an artist to show their work...trust me...I burned three novels worth of written word done over a six year period. All notebooks. Something about the pen on paper feeling always makes it feel right.

posted on Apr, 9 2016 @ 01:17 PM
link   

I'm aged also.

When you can see a small image of your picture click on that photo image.

A small window opens up with 3 categories.

The top one will say
"BBcode for use in post:"

Copy and paste that

(example)

[pic ] dp564d210c.png[/pic]

Into the body of text in a post.

Then you'll get the picture!

posted on Apr, 9 2016 @ 01:18 PM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

I still have a garage full of stuff i don't know the value of. Some of what I collected is jewelry, two suitcases full over the years.

Interested in selling it to me?

I also loved the times when in Germany we had a few times a year the chance to put out our stuff on the streets on sundays and the next monday the garbage-men would pick it up. It was called Sperrmüll-Tag. I collected almost all my furniture from that in my early punk-rock days.

posted on Apr, 9 2016 @ 01:27 PM
link   

Test!

posted on Apr, 9 2016 @ 01:30 PM
link   

YAY!

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join