It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Would using a ship as a black site enable the US to torture prisoners in international waters?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 9 2016 @ 02:31 AM
link   
a reply to: gpols

Just look at his Avatar. I wonder if he ever found that Glock that he lost a while back?

I did! Man you dug back awhile, but didn't finish? Or was it me. I thought I posted I found it and the ridiculousness behind it's disappearance. Oops!

I'm not going to judge you on your avatar. You're well written, I respect you, and that's that. I'm not going to delve into your post history and dredge up old comments. I think if that's your game you can find WAY BETTER than my Glock getting displaced. I have a DUI, I'm trying to fight off alcoholism, I was an idiot and drilled a hole in my wall that nicked a power cable (it really was put in a weird spot).

Maybe I should have went to the Karaoke bar tonight instead!! LOL!!!

Shoot man, probably!

posted on Apr, 9 2016 @ 02:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: gpols
a reply to: cavtrooper7

Col Allen West was kicked out of the army for firing a pistol close to a prisoners head so he would point out the enemy.

To ME that is fine.

With things like this there is more evidence pointing to the fact that torture does more harm than good. There are countless studies the prove this.

What really gets me about these situations is that the people doing the torturing don't know where to stop. They think a person holds all the answer or is hiding something and the person ends up giving false answers or no answers at all because they don't know anything.

But you know what it isn't fine? When the torturers have friends that benefit from someone being under a criminal investigation.

Cherish the day.

You know how many times that has been said?

Who is it that says torture doesn't help, anyway?

Now think for a minute, logically.

Who in their right mind is gonna say it works?

The guys that are getting people worked up over torture? The torturers themselves?

Seriously? Some dude has a set of jumper cables clamped on the family jewels, which is bad enough but then there is a 12v battery next to you on the table.

I think you would be ready to tell them what they want to know.

oh yeah, false info can be verified and then ya back in the chair.

Why do people think it's outlawed? lol. Coz it makes ya feel good to think that.

"We can't do that, it's against the law!" hahaha!

Hey, who was it that took a long boat ride back from the mideast when captured, a couple years ago or so? Navy ship too.

Took like 2 weeks to get back to gitmo, I think there was a thread on ATS, that I read about it.

I doubt the armed forces would be the ones to do the dirty deeds but wouldn't put it past the alphabet agencies at all.

Hell look at Abu ghraib. Nothing has come up since then, really.

posted on Apr, 9 2016 @ 03:12 AM
link   
a reply to: Domo1

How do we know they are not already doing that or contracting it out to ISIS or someone else. They are not about to tell or admit to it if they are, are they?

as Henry Kissinger said, the illegal we do immediately, the unconstitutional takes a little longer
edit on 9-4-2016 by Azureblue because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 9 2016 @ 06:06 AM
link   
If the government deems it necessary to torture you...that's what they will do and the law can go to hell.
You really think people don't just get "disappeared " in the West?

It's what Royal and Presidential pardons are for. Oh, and D notices.

posted on Apr, 9 2016 @ 07:40 AM
link   
a reply to: Domo1

At sea international law pervade's, not all nation's ratify international maritime law so in essence UN law pervade's as jurisdiction of the sea however it is unenforceable.

Depending on the type of ship, the power and international standing of the sovereign nation were it is registered and even the type of ship this can actually be the case.

Do you know what goes on in area 51, if any renditions to that mini state have ever taken place - neither do I other than testing black projects of the equipment vehicular kind so why would they need a ship Gitmo is simply a site of convenience and for the more high profile rendition's as it mean's they fall under US military law and not US civil law as they have not been brought into the US mainland, now an aircraft carrier is a good prospect as they are internationally recognized by all major powers as Sovereign Territory of the state whom own's them as they can be used but like I say Gitmo is only really useful for the high profile cases and those renditioned in total secrecy could be anywhere including the mainland Unites State's.

Then there is the cast of the Chago Archipelago better know in the US as Diego Garcia, it is technically Sovereign British territory but only because we said it was as there were already indigenous people whom lived there, as part of our deal's with the US those people were evicted from there ancestral home and the US was allowed to build a base there that has served as a Rendition site much like Gitmo but on a smaller scale, a UN ruling actually backed the claim's of Mauritious to Sovereignty over the islands however and that mean's that the UK may not even have legal sovereignty which of course put's the US claim in Technical jeapardy since the would then have to renegotiate an after the fact deal with Mauritous.
www.theguardian.com...

posted on Apr, 9 2016 @ 01:49 PM
link   
OP. you mena a ship like in that stallone/ahnold movie where he is a prison escape artist? The answer to your question is Yes. I am quite sure w e operate such places.

posted on Apr, 9 2016 @ 05:26 PM
link   
a reply to: gpols

First hand info trumps books,polls and educated ideas,if it works in the field it will be done.

posted on Apr, 9 2016 @ 05:28 PM
link   
a reply to: LABTECH767

That's the problem with terrorism ,they are a cult ,not a state.
CRIMINALS,not soldiers.

posted on Apr, 9 2016 @ 06:15 PM
link   
Torturing is not a socially acceptable activity. You get caught doing it ... it doesn't matter where you're doing it. There's a certain element of society that will squeal the moment torture is brought out of the toolbox. It's a simple step eliminating those folks from assigned staff. It happens ... all too often ... because it works.

Would using a ship as a black site enable the US to torture prisoners in international waters?

Sounds way too elaborate a scheme. Why go way out somewhere on a ship? The only reason I can see dragging someone out to sea would be AS part of the torture. Otherwise, it's too much trouble.

Maybe Sublimecraft will come back and tell us, but I think a ship's Captain can be held directly responsible for allowing such shenanigans to occur aboard while underway ... even if he is not directly involved. I do believe this may apply to the entire compliment of ship's officers as well.

The more people who 'could' be held responsible, the less likely it's gonna happen. So much easier to conduct this kind of business in any old (prepared in advance) basement one could find anywhere.

posted on Apr, 9 2016 @ 06:35 PM
link   
MAybe its not a ship at all. maybe.....a oil rig.

posted on Apr, 9 2016 @ 09:42 PM
link   
I don't know.

Isn't is cheaper to outsource to Egypt?

posted on Apr, 9 2016 @ 10:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: gpols
a reply to: namelesss

Just look at his Avatar. I wonder if he ever found that Glock that he lost a while back?

Should look in the 'evidence room'...

Maybe I should have went to the Karaoke bar tonight instead!! LOL!!!

I feel your pain! *__-

posted on Apr, 10 2016 @ 05:48 AM
link   
a reply to: dragonridr

Your link is from 2008.

Chief Constable Mike Todd died in 2008. He investigated the CIA torture flights. Then he began to behave as if he was hearing voices in his head. Then he climbed up Snowdon in the middle of the night in a storm, drank a bottle of whiskey, took his warm clothes off, and died.

They said he had 30 million lovers, which is the main bit of 'information' the mainstream want known, as you'll see if you search his name.

Michael James Todd QPM (10 August 1957 – 11 March 2008) was Chief Constable of Greater Manchester Police from 2002 until his death.

. . .

Todd investigated on behalf of the Association of Chief Police Officers the extraordinary rendition flights conducted by the CIA to transport detainees.

en.wikipedia.org...

Never forget Chief Constable Mike Todd, murdered by the CIA for fighting torture.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

edit on 10 4 2016 by Kester because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1   >>

join