It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Guccifer brought to US amid Hillary email probe

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 9 2016 @ 11:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: matafuchs
Also, they keep referring to this as an email server. Why would she have a private 'server' for emails only? If you did, you would want them to be 'hidden' and it means that if something was sent to them, it was hitting this server and THEN being sent to her e-device. The server is not the only point of access to find out what she was doing. Also, I am sure that it was also being used to store documents. That to me is worse then emails....

Very good point.
Sources have indicated that she did not use a desktop at all. She did everything through her Blackberry.
So files downloaded from email attachments and other documents were likely stored on the server as well.

posted on Apr, 9 2016 @ 11:59 AM
link   
for those not interested in facts, this douche was sentenced to seven years by america last year, took a little while to extradite him that's all.
no real story here.

posted on Apr, 9 2016 @ 12:03 PM
link   
a reply to: stinkelbaum

Man, get your facts straight. He got seven years in Romania, not the US. As your link states, he was indicted by the State of VA but the DOJ did not follow up on the indictment. He was in jail so there was no need to pursue.

Now, based on his charges and what he did in the past, he is bring brought in.

Before you post a link, make sure you read it correctly.....

In all honesty, I am surprised he survived the trip...

posted on Apr, 9 2016 @ 12:15 PM
link   
a reply to: matafuchs

That is what makes it interesting. He was sentenced to jail for a long time in Romania. He was not a threat.

The timing of his extradition is what makes this interesting. (In addition to his possession of state department emails Clinton sent to Powell, and saying in an interview that he spent hours reading Hillary emails.) The US indicted him in 2014, and yet they wait until now to extradite him. They really did not need to go through the effort at all, at least until closer to the end of his sentence in Romania. But they do it now, in the middle of the Clinton investigation.

This is the official press release from the Department of Justice:
www.justice.gov...

One could suspect that they will see if he wants to make a deal to reduce charges in the US, by giving them information regarding other cases they are investigating (Hillary?)

edit on 4/9/16 by BlueAjah because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 9 2016 @ 02:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: RickinVa

originally posted by: Sillyolme
www.nytimes.com...

lawnewz.com...

nymag.com...

Probably not for what you think.

It has already been determined that her system has never been hacked.

lets analyze your sources shall we?

www.nytimes.com...

according to people close to a federal investigation into Mrs. Clinton’s emails.
well well an anonymous source...just like cough cough fox news

lawnewz.com...

It is possible that forensic experts could find traces of sophisticated hacking that the logs would not reflect.
oopsy you left that part out

nymag.com...

The logs do not conclusively prove that the server was never successfully breached,

There is no definitive so called proof either way.... none the less, it remains extremely likely that Guccifer was able to access Hillarys server.

Meh.. Sources or not only thorough forensic examination by IT Security monkeys, expert pentesters, and of course the digital forensic folks will give us a close to accurate answer here. While my schooling was in Anthropology/Archaeology, my original major was CS Honors and I have, in the past(I'm way out of date by the way), done my fair share of "penetration testing". While it is more than probable that a cab driver from Romania could have bested some of the security measures put in place and even possible that he bested Clinton's, I'd very much, at some point, like to see the evidence.

No doubt Hillary was intentionally ignorant/malicious or even just plain stupid. I do doubt the latter however. I would like to, as mentioned, when appropriate, see some cold hard forensic facts.

Oh yeah... She's just one of many devil incarnates, IMO.

posted on Apr, 9 2016 @ 03:12 PM
link   
a reply to: BlueAjah

A bit cloak and dagger like no?

I bet hes here to face charges just like the notice from the DOJ said.

posted on Apr, 9 2016 @ 03:50 PM
link   
I truly do not understand why people are claiming her server wasn't hacked solely based on logs. Logs can easily be turned off/on at any given moment. If this server was set up as a personal email server with no intentions for outside use -- why would they log anything? System logs will not tell you anything about the network. Network logs are where they would see any unauthorized access. Plus, depending on the level of access the attacker has to the network/system; logs can be cleared/deleted quite easily.

For all we know this "Guccifer" didn't actually "hack" anything. The email server could have very well been a server that was easily accessible, but hidden from the public internetz. Someone stated that "Guccifer" was a taxi driver -- is it possible that someone left a connected device in a taxi cab, and instead of returning it -- he snooped around? I haven't looked much into HOW it happened, so is there any hard evidence suggesting that is was an infiltration of the server, and not just some lowly snooper?

posted on Apr, 9 2016 @ 04:10 PM
link   
a reply to: RickinVa

I remember reaading about this guy a while back , about how he broke his HDD up and they pieced it back together to nail him , pity they never did that with people like Adam Lanza ?

posted on Apr, 9 2016 @ 04:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: itsmethegoat
I truly do not understand why people are claiming her server wasn't hacked solely based on logs. Logs can easily be turned off/on at any given moment. If this server was set up as a personal email server with no intentions for outside use -- why would they log anything? System logs will not tell you anything about the network. Network logs are where they would see any unauthorized access. Plus, depending on the level of access the attacker has to the network/system; logs can be cleared/deleted quite easily.

For all we know this "Guccifer" didn't actually "hack" anything. The email server could have very well been a server that was easily accessible, but hidden from the public internetz. Someone stated that "Guccifer" was a taxi driver -- is it possible that someone left a connected device in a taxi cab, and instead of returning it -- he snooped around? I haven't looked much into HOW it happened, so is there any hard evidence suggesting that is was an infiltration of the server, and not just some lowly snooper?

Any competent IT person will set up a system in such a way that if logs are touched, or even accessed by the proper applications, it will be noted. Logs can't just be deleted or modified that has a file system that allows for granular permissions. Also many, if not most, servers out there are *nix based. Many Linux but there are also Solaris systems

Actually this is not entirely accurate. Logs aren't just modified or deleted on a server that has been properly configured by an IT Security expert. I assume the Clinton's can afford that. With regard to my above comment it is very possible that this server was hacked, especially by foreign intelligence services, or even a 'lowly' cab driver. Anybody that has a clue what they're doing is going to leave little to no evidence in logs. They won't be deleted or blatantly modified as those are giant red flags. In expert cases if a modification occurs it won't be a human alteration to the log file; rather the process doing the logging will be somehow coerced to do the job instead. This is of course done by experts, at times state actors. In such a case there will be very little or no evidence. Keep in mind this wasn't a tampering type operation like Stuxnet, if it happened at all. Itbwas purely to gain data. Data that might have been compromised through the use of a MiTM attack by a sufficiently knowledgeable hacker or team.

As far as modifying logs all Willy nilly; that doesn't make much sense. I have no idea about Clinton's server but much of the Internet is run on some *nix variant. We're primarily looking at Linux servers that generally employ SELinux and depending on the file system, fine grain access permissions. Similar statements could be made about OS' like Oracle's Solaris or the various BSD systems out there. I'm not very familiar with Windows Server but I'd be willing to bet that they implement ACLs as part of their permission control scheme and have other similar security features.

As to the network logs: I'm sure they are likely being scrutinized if the right people have been given access. However; why doesn't the turning on and of logs or modification apply to the network logs as well? As of now we, the public, really don't have an idea of what her infrastructure was with regard to this server. If it was indeed in a bathroom somewhere it could be as little UPS, rackmount server and enterprise grade router. Maybe two routers with two fibre connections and a managed switch. Hell, there could have been two email servers for redundancy and a SAN for data backup with a upright air-conditioning unit and proper ventilation. One could easily fit all of that in a small rack in a bathroom.

As to rogue access to a device left behind in a cab? That's a HUGE stretch. Unless Mr. Guccifer saw some extremely classified info why would the US have any interest in him? And why now? It certainly would not have given him access to the server.

The point is that they can look at all the logs they'd like. If it was a cab driver than there may well be something there. If it was a team of pros the logs will likely be useless. Also, when I speak of a 'team of pros' I am not speaking of anonymous. I'm speaking of very well funded, highly skilled, state sponsored hackers.

posted on Apr, 9 2016 @ 04:32 PM
link   
a reply to: itsmethegoat

From what I read, he was just uncannily good at guessing passwords.
He did not have any exceptional hacking knowledge - just some things he picked up researching on the Internet.
From putting together things I read from various sources, it seems he just "logged in" to the accounts.
All he needed was the user name and domain, obviously the same as the email address, which he had from the Powell emails that he had already accessed in his AOL account.
Then he just needed to test the common ports and protocols, to see which only returned an invalid password error.
Then he would try various passwords to get in. (Makes one wonder how strong her password was.)

It's the most basic form of account compromise, and can hardly be called "hacking".

He did seem to have some knowledge of using proxies, which helped him evade tracking for a while.

Early articles from 2014 credit him with being the one to reveal to the public that Hillary was using her own server.

edit on 4/9/16 by BlueAjah because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 9 2016 @ 05:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: BlueAjah
a reply to: itsmethegoat

From what I read, he was just uncannily good at guessing passwords.
He did not have any exceptional hacking knowledge - just some things he picked up researching on the Internet.
From putting together things I read from various sources, it seems he just "logged in" to the accounts.
All he needed was the user name and domain, obviously the same as the email address, which he had from the Powell emails that he had already accessed in his AOL account.
Then he just needed to test the common ports and protocols, to see which only returned an invalid password error.
Then he would try various passwords to get in. (Makes one wonder how strong her password was.)

It's the most basic form of account compromise, and can hardly be called "hacking".

He did seem to have some knowledge of using proxies, which helped him evade tracking for a while.

Early articles from 2014 credit him with being the one to reveal to the public that Hillary was using her own server.

That would be correct from what I have read.... it looks like he was good at social engineering rather than technically a "hacker"... he was good at guessing passwords and security questions.

It actually looks much worse for Hillary if Guccifer was indeed logged into her email.... if he could do it, a state sponsored hacker would have easily gotten in and out.

This is the same guy who wanted to be extradited and waived extradition just so he could get here. Same guy who claims to have a trove of email documents he has stashed on the web.

A couple of years back, someone was offering 7000+ classified US documents for sale... whether that ever panned out or not who knows.....

Guccifer is here because he wants to be here and the FBI wants him here, for what ever reason. I would love to know what he has stashed online that he keeps threatening to reveal.

posted on Apr, 9 2016 @ 06:25 PM
link   
Guccifer is just another piece of the Hillary puzzle.

Things are quickly wrapping up, the final pieces are being locked into place and then it will simply be check mate and the game is over.

There was never any classified information on my server became I never sent or received any classified information then morphed to the present day, I never sent or received any emails marked classified.

"I never sent or received any emails marked classified" is nothing more than a BS smokescreen that plays on peoples lack of knowledge about classified information. There is no classification called "Classified"...There is FOUO, SBU, Confidential, Secret, Top Secret, etc.... no "classified".

People for years were taking information off the Top Secret and Secret networks in order for them to be able to email it to Hillarys private unclassified email server which is a crime, and most definitely constitutes a conspiracy to commit various felonies.

Hillarys whole defense rests on two very important facts that we can take straight from her mouth. The "I never sent or received any information marked classified" doesn't hold water and is very easily shown to be a false statement, and the no one ever accessed the server... which is very dubious at best.

The FBI has gone back to the originators of the most classified emails and has gotten sworn statements from the originators that the emails were in fact classified and were so marked when sent. Somebody, somewhere removed those markings and forwarded them to Hillary... numerous numerous times over multiple years.

When this goes down, and it will go down... I still say it will make Watergate look like kindergarten stuff in comparison.

That really has to suck to go from looking at being in the White House to looking at serving time in the Big House in such a short period.

Pagliano has a story to tell.... and I for one, can not wait to hear it.... every single juicy tidbit. That would go well with the popcorn I have saved up.

edit on R522016-04-09T18:52:23-05:00k524Vpm by RickinVa because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 9 2016 @ 07:28 PM
link   

I bet Marvel Comics will come out with a new baddie, based on hillary, that Batman has to deal with.

Hell, she could take out the Joker!

Justice League would be called in to help.

Could be huge!

posted on Apr, 9 2016 @ 07:30 PM
link   
Guccifer? rarest name 2016?

posted on Apr, 9 2016 @ 09:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: 711117
Guccifer? rarest name 2016?

real name = Marcel Lehel Lazar (Romanian)

handle (alias) = Guccifer -- he combined Gucci and Lucifer

posted on Apr, 10 2016 @ 12:04 AM
link   
a reply to: BlueAjah

Is he related to Bob Lazar? Sorry, that is a unique name and to be in two types pf conspiracies is odd...and a coincidence. I mean, Hillary is talking about how she wants to have disclosure lately. I wonder it the reason they are keeping some of this secret is that they have to?
edit on 04am30amf0000002016-04-10T00:07:45-05:001245 by matafuchs because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 10 2016 @ 12:43 AM
link   
The banter on here is mind numbing. Guccifer is the only reason we found out Hillary has an email server to begin with. He posted screen shots of endless emails. So not only did he hack in. He then sent out email worms hacking into many other people via her emails. What started the real buzz was posting GW's paintings. Then he posted the now infamous Collen Powell pic with the elites at the Grove. Once the Romanian govt released they were on his trail. He destroyed all hard evidence. He claims he saved all the goodies on the cloud just in case because he knows his life is on the line. All old news peeps.

Whats new is they brought him in. So now we find out if justice will be served? Or are they cleaning up the mess?

edit on 10-4-2016 by ratpunk because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 10 2016 @ 12:49 AM
link   
youtu.be...

posted on Apr, 10 2016 @ 01:39 AM
link   

The sad truth is that Billary is going to not only walk, but she is going to be crowned the next president. The people above us that hold the puppet strings do what they want. The rule of law does not apply to those in charge. My deepest desire would be to see the entire federal government face judgment for their crimes against humanity, but I don't imagine that will happen anytime soon. the fact that Hillary even has a single supporter is a sad affair. People just believe anything these people say. They suck it up and allow us to be raped and plundered, and then we willingly vote for these pieces of human filth. Do people really not remember what Bill and Hillary have been doing all of these years? Do we not remember anything at all?

The most mind boggling is the support from the LGBT community. She has been an enemy of gay rights ever since they got into politics. It also blows my mind that women support her when she is buddy buddy with a bunch of violent dictators that treat women like stray dogs.

WAKE UP.

posted on Apr, 10 2016 @ 01:39 AM
link   

Guccifer is on a loaner it looks like

He has been borrowed

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join