It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The reason some think the earth is flat and discussion about The Return of Jesus Christ

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 7 2016 @ 03:25 AM
link   
Hi folks, I have a very good friend that is 30 years my senor and I get a different perspective from my friend being older, but today... she shared with me her new belief. Over the past two years or so in our conversations, she has found what she considers many ''truths'' on YouTube.
Today she explained to me why, all of the sudden, she believes the world is flat.
"'how else will Jesus Christ upon his return appear to everyone?''(still trying to grasp how the earth being flat would make that more possible, flat or not, the Earth is vast).
My response was that the return of Christ is going to be a magical event, a miraculous event because God is all powerful.
"don't you believe in miracles today and that God is still all powerful?'' She said.
"'yes, but the veil between everyday, mundane reality and the realm of magic and miracles is very thick and only thins two time a year. I explained that Christianity and Pagan traditions have been intertwined over years and years. Samhain(Halloween) and Beltane (May day/April 30/ May 1st) have mostly to do with Pagan tradition with some Christian or Catholic practices around these times. Solstice ties into Christmas and spring equinox celebrations tie into Easter and the death and resurrection of Christ from the cross.
I am bringing up Samhain and Beltane because the veil is said to thin during these two times where magic from the other side can enter into our normal humdrum regular lives.
"so imagine this veil between worlds being wide open for the most awesome and terrifying miracle... The Return of Jesus Christ... and that through this awe inspiring miracle we all see Christ upon the clouds because he is omnipresent and all powerful...
The world doesn't have to be flat for that! Now does it?
Just wonder what people believing in Christ's return think. How will it happen? Will we find out the world is flat? Or that All Powerful God being in charge can fulfill the word of God and through magic and miracles , we will all see Jesus Christ on our round planet?
Even if you don't believe it's going to happen, then do you think the world has to be flat or round, for the person you don't believe in or that you don't believe he is returning, for everyone to see him.
Thanks for reading my late night ramblings of an odd conversation I had... hope I am making sense.

posted on Apr, 7 2016 @ 03:31 AM
link   
a reply to: peppycat

You think they won't televise the second coming?

Of course everyone will see it. It'll be the biggest news event of all time.

posted on Apr, 7 2016 @ 03:39 AM
link   
a reply to: chr0naut not every single person at the very moment of his return will have a TV or be watching one, so I think it will be a miraculous event of epic proportion. One that surpasses technology in its power and intelligence.
Like in our minds eye, blind or not, it will be in your mind very clear and the sounds of the trumpets everyone will hear and we will hear the voice of Jesus from every which way, within and without.

posted on Apr, 7 2016 @ 03:40 AM
link   

The Earth is not flat. And there is no veil. There is only human ignorance attempting to define what is real and what isn't within possibility and improbability.

The reason why the ancients had festivals on astrological and celestial events because they were and still are keeping track of time and created and are creating habits of tracking the movement of the Earth through space. That includes seasons, having greater significance towards agriculture with sowing seeds and harvest. The equinox allows us to know how long we have in the seasons when daylight becomes longer than night time and night time becomes longer than day time which is important for harvesting and preventing starvation from weather that regularly happens during certain seasons around the globe.

The bible is based off of Sumerian and Judaism, both of which are alien worshiping religions same as the Indian religion.

Jesus is based off Enki, same as Horus, same as Krishna-vishnu All based on a mythological hero of the gods that brings prosperity to the human culture and advanced technology interpreted in different ways.

Events and minor stories are different in these religions but the overall plot is relatively the same. A hero from space comes, aliens are involved. Humanity is then prosperous.

The monomyth

posted on Apr, 7 2016 @ 03:55 AM
link   
a reply to: AnuTyr Thanks, I'm not a Star Wars fan and I'm going to have to watch it soon...I feel a bit programmed, like there is a message for me in Star Wars.... then the matrix.
I have to read the words in your post a few more times to respond... it didn't all sink in quiet easily...

posted on Apr, 7 2016 @ 04:10 AM
link   
a reply to: AnuTyr It is in my belief system that there is a veil. May Day and Halloween are celebrated times from the magic of childhood, before one turns seven years old, magic abounds.

Using the stars and seasons to navigate what to do is a magical reality in my mind as well.

Jesus will bring more than prosperity in my opinion, many will fall in his presence... so maybe he comes in a space ship? I've heard this line of thought before. Interesting.

posted on Apr, 7 2016 @ 04:13 AM
link   
I have to agree that "every eye shall see him" does not depend on the earth being flat.
He is said to come with all the power of God "on the clouds of heaven"; there is the hint that the world as we know it now will be dissolved altogether and made anew.
In the circumstances, the limitations of our physical eyes would not be relevant.

Getting ideas from Youtube is almost guaranteed to lead people up the wrong path. Your friend needs to go back to reading books.

edit on 7-4-2016 by DISRAELI because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 7 2016 @ 04:27 AM
link   
a reply to: DISRAELI Your post makes perfect sense. My friend didn't argue for me to watch it, I simply said, ''I'm not going to watch YouTube videos with a flat Earth "Christian'' explaining how it only makes sense the world is flat for the return of Jesus Christ''
And we didn't argue, she didn't force her belief on me and was okay that I don't feel the same on the subject.
I just KNOW there is no telling her otherwise... nothing else is making sense to her.
I tried to explain how powerful God is and that he can be omnipresent... but she didn't listen.
Quite a little dilemma she can see when walls go up in her other personal relationships, but won't see when she puts up a wall.
Ughhh... thank you for responding and reading this, it feels hard to make sense of.

posted on Apr, 7 2016 @ 04:47 AM
link   

it doesnt matter if the earth is flat or round because only top clearance from the world government gives one access to outer space and the only references we have as civilians is a bunch of composite videos and pics and the word of the elite. flat or round there lays much deception.
edit on 7-4-2016 by DOCHOLIDAZE1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 7 2016 @ 05:35 AM
link   

Round or flat, if THAT happens, I think everyone will know.

posted on Apr, 7 2016 @ 05:36 AM
link   
The fact that the world is round makes it more miraculous doesn't it? Given the times I kinda feel like it's a Go big or go home idea.

posted on Apr, 7 2016 @ 05:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: AnuTyr

The Earth is not flat. And there is no veil. There is only human ignorance attempting to define what is real and what isn't within possibility and improbability.

I sort of think you are saying what you define as real is not ignorant.

I celebrate Samhain and Beltane. There is no way you can prove the veil does not thin on those days nor that there is no veil. If you can prove it, show us.

posted on Apr, 7 2016 @ 06:37 AM
link   
a reply to: reldra

Can you prove that said 'veil' IS thin on those days? You cannot just make the claim 'you cannot prove otherwise so it must be true'. You are being disingenuous to not only others but yourself, as you are purposefully lying to yourself confirm things which you wish to believe.

posted on Apr, 7 2016 @ 08:28 AM
link   

Is there a veil? Yes, there is. According to the Bible there is one. Let me point it out to you.

Hosea 6
1 Come, and let us return unto the LORD: for he hath torn, and he will heal us; he hath smitten, and he will bind us up.
2 After two days will he revive us: in the third day he will raise us up, and we shall live in his sight.

2nd Peter 3
8 But, beloved, be not ignorant of this one thing, that one day is with the Lord as a thousand years, and a thousand years as one day.

According to Hosea the world through the Jews was to face a 2000 year curse. It's still running BTW. And the best I can figure it started with the death of John the Baptist who Jesus Christ claimed was Elijah the prophet. And it ends in 2028 approximately.

So as of now you' re living in a world separated from it's God. It should be interesting to see what it looks like when the curse is over.

posted on Apr, 7 2016 @ 09:48 AM
link   
a reply to: peppycatTruths are found in the word of God not on youtube. Too many hereticks out there today.

posted on Apr, 7 2016 @ 09:52 AM
link   
a reply to: chr0nautBy the time Jesus Returns at the end of the 7 year tribulation, there wil be no TV broadcasting, they will be out of fuel (gasoline, diesel, aircraft etc) so no operating vehicles or planes, they will be out of ammunition, bombs, and will resort to bows, arrows, swords, spears and other hand held hand held weapons like sticks and clubs.

Now when the two witnesses are put to death near the middle of the tribulation, there will still be TV and some ammo and fuel but, they run out very quickly because of world wide chaos.

posted on Apr, 7 2016 @ 11:01 AM
link   
I wish he would hurry up and come...and sort out the Flat Earthers, he doesn't need to be scientific about it, just give them a kick in the arse!

posted on Apr, 7 2016 @ 11:51 AM
link   

Hey Pepster. There are too many Youtube videos that mess with one's common sense. We should always go to God's word first - the Bible to match the information, and to ask the Holy Spirit to guide us and reveal the truth. It's hard when a loved one doesn't want to hear a viewpoint or be open to discussion.

I love to ponder how Jesus will return. The Bible says:
- "Men of Galilee," they said, "why do you stand here looking into the sky? This same Jesus, who has been taken from you into heaven, will come back in the same way you have seen him go into heaven."
- AND THE STARS WILL BE FALLING from heaven, and the powers that are in the heavens will be shaken. 26"Then they will see THE SON OF MAN COMING IN CLOUDS with great power and glory.

I do believe we will see Jesus come from the sky in great glory, surrounded by his angels. It will be at the end of Tribulation and just before all humanity and the earth is utterly destroyed - unless it's exactly at the moment that it seems all is about to become totally destroyed (nuclear?). Whatever the case it will be an act of God and He can do anything and so maybe it will be Him allowing us to see in the spirit the return of Jesus. Maybe there will be some sort of communication where we can see it but I have a feeling it will be a case where every individual still alive will physically/spiritually see Jesus.

There are things that are beyond our understanding due to our brain's inability to comprehend them and because we haven't experienced the spiritual life fully yet. It will be the most glorious moment ever - to see our Savior destroying evil and taking His command of all things finally.

posted on Apr, 7 2016 @ 06:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: ChesterJohn
a reply to: chr0nautBy the time Jesus Returns at the end of the 7 year tribulation, there wil be no TV broadcasting, they will be out of fuel (gasoline, diesel, aircraft etc) so no operating vehicles or planes, they will be out of ammunition, bombs, and will resort to bows, arrows, swords, spears and other hand held hand held weapons like sticks and clubs.

Now when the two witnesses are put to death near the middle of the tribulation, there will still be TV and some ammo and fuel but, they run out very quickly because of world wide chaos.

Perhaps they'll use MeTube from their mobile devices using the Internet of Things?

posted on Apr, 7 2016 @ 08:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: DOCHOLIDAZE1

it doesnt matter if the earth is flat or round because only top clearance from the world government gives one access to outer space and the only references we have as civilians is a bunch of composite videos and pics and the word of the elite. flat or round there lays much deception.
I asked my friend about this. YouTube is teaching her that our missions to outer space were fake and her reasoning is that the rockets we spend millions if not billions of money on just fall back into some deserted dessert some where, where we don't ever find them... or maybe the elite know about the rockets that went only so far in the sky and have fallen back into the dessert...?

top topics

<<   2 >>

join