It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The reason some think the earth is flat and discussion about The Return of Jesus Christ

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 7 2016 @ 08:23 PM
link   
a reply to: ntech Thanks Ntech for those passages, I'm very interested in the Bible and Christianity when it comes to the thinning veil because I'm looking into how it ties into what people of faith in the Pagan root religions.

posted on Apr, 7 2016 @ 08:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: ChesterJohn
a reply to: peppycatTruths are found in the word of God not on youtube. Too many hereticks out there today.

I tried to speak to my friend about the dangers of straying from the bible and ''learning'' Christianity from YouTube. She used to read the Bible a lot, now it's YouTube this and YouTube that.

I figure if her faith is only as small as a mustard seed, then that's all she needs.

We have gotten into arguments before about religion and I'm not going there again with her, even though it's difficult at times because we both have faith in Christ on the Cross... at least that it what I assume of her... She considers herself a Christian.

posted on Apr, 7 2016 @ 08:53 PM
link   
a reply to: ccseagull Thank you for the thoughtful post Ccseagull.
I'm in the same line of thinking as you when it comes to the return of Jesus and God being capable of ANYTHING.

I believe we don't see the same magical miracles of biblical time in such awesome proportion, in today's time. My friend tried to argue me by asking,'' Don't you think God gives us miracles today?!'' and the tricky way she turned things around had me flustered and all I could say was of course.
In my mind she was the one who doesn't believe in in the awesomeness of God because according to her line of thinking, God is only powerful enough for everyone to see the return of Jesus Christ on a flat Earth and not capable of appearing to everyone on a round one.

I believe in the power of prayer and miracles today, but the instantaneous healing and other very magical miracles that Jesus performed is not a typical everyday occurrence... that's why I bring the veil between worlds into this train of thought. My friend said there is a passage where Jesus told his disciples to preforms miracles and I have to look into that. I believe that before and during Jesus's time there were things that God and people did through the power of God that were awesome... but this ability to tap into this power or have God give one this power has faded... because we don't need it, by now most if not all have heard of the Salvation of Christ.... I'm hoping I make sense.
Sorry for going on and on..
Thank you! You got me thinking a lot about things.😊

posted on Apr, 8 2016 @ 09:48 AM
link   
a reply to: peppycat

Hi Peppy - thanks for the response.

I believe the reason we aren't seeing miracles today is because believers have been misled and told how to think and what to believe. People don't pick up their own Bibles - the ones that do go to church listen and take that sermon as word and then go on about their lives. We are responsible for our own growth and we are to ask the Holy Spirit to guide us before we start reading.

People are afraid to get too involved and think they are doing some sinful thing. Many believers think that people that go out and heal are of the devil and that it's a hoax. I think you'd find it interesting to watch a few Peter Cabrera Jr. videos, some Todd White. Oh and Curry Blake! They are acting on the words of Jesus, "go out and heal, spread the word and cast out devils". This is something every believer should be able to do. Miracles are happening today and I believe their are going to become more wondrous. Jesus said, "You will do bigger things than I."

I like what you are explaining about the veil. Personally I believe the veil is here right now with us. The veil would be our human minds cut off from our spiritual awareness. There is spiritual activity going on all around us and we draw either the evil or the good and by walking with the Holy Spirit we begin to experience what it's like to have God's power working and activated in our lives. We can access it and do things for God, not for our glory. I have been studying this for a few years now and had results. It is wild when it happens. Your carnal mind doesn't believe it, yet you are witnessing it with your own eyes and body and seeing other people's bodies (pain/injuries) react and so it is real. But our carnal mind has to be told that, "You are no longer the boss or voice of me. I am a spirit and I am one with God." And this is the hardest part of the whole thing. Our carnal mind is our flesh mind.

This probably sounds all messed up and insane and it's taken me a long time to differentiate between the carnal mind and my spirit. It is the hardest aspect for most people to get. But if you're interested check out those people. I think this is the avenue you are seeking.

And I realized a few years ago that when I look back on my younger self how self-righteous I was about my belief and yet here I am years later and now I know how foolish and ignorant I was being. I have no right to tell any one what to believe or how to act. What I know now blows my mind - that I thought I had any idea years past. However I am sure years from now I will look back and think the same thing about myself now - ha, ha. Our belief is an ongoing growth and the Holy Spirit reveals information through life experiences and by reading the Bible. Even reading the Bible there are verses that I see still mean the same thing it ever did but there are hidden layers beneath it - meaning that it is so in-depth with history, with culture, with meaning and tying that all together suddenly it's massive information. So to take the stress off of you I would just pray for your friend that her heart is opened to what God's truth is and then you can move forward. We just need to love each other.

You are right - God can do anything and whatever He has planned is going to be beyond amazing or our comprehension.

posted on Apr, 8 2016 @ 12:59 PM
link   
a reply to: peppycat

like i said it doesnt matter if its round or flat untill the public is allowed to go to outer space for a reasonable price (plane ticket price maybe?) Untill then we just take the goverments word

posted on Apr, 9 2016 @ 05:26 PM
link   
a reply to: ccseagull Thank you for the reply, sorry it took me awhile to get back to you, but busy things happen and I needed to be of the right mindset to process everything and think clearly.
Thank you for the recommendations, I wrote them down and will look them up.
I understand what you are saying about the carnal mind. I recognize that some folks don't understand "giving glory to God'' and will either want recognition for charitable and good works or miracles performed and/or look to people that like the fame of what should be acts that ''Give the glory to God'' For example, my friend has been sucked into Scammers that ask for money to have prayers answered. These types of scammers seem to want fame and peoples money... nothing to do with the Glory of God or Giving glory to God. So, you got me thinking, this fame for miracles and good works is also the work of the carnal mind... hope I'm making sense, let me know what you think when you have time.
Yes, thank you!... I definitely shall pray for my friend.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join