It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

North Carolina Loses 400 Jobs as PayPal Pulls Facility over ‘Bathroom Bill’

page: 23
<< 20  21  22    24  25  26 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 9 2016 @ 10:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: Freija

originally posted by: Teikiatsu
And no, I don't think that little girls should go into a men's facility and see naked grown men.

Perhaps you failed to realize all those young girls were transgender? They grow up and have been growing up for years and years.

I figured as much, and don't care. If they had a vagina they should not go into the men's room. If they had a penis they should not go into the women's room. I'm not sure why this is such a difficult concept.

If they completed their 'therapy' and plastic surgery and had the physically expressed pseudo-genitalia that they think they are supposed to have, so long as they used the correct bathroom... more power to them.

posted on Apr, 9 2016 @ 10:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: luthier
a reply to: Teikiatsu

Nope I could care less what you thump.

I am a philosopher by degree. Words have meaning to me.

Superstions are when you are afraid of things that you don't understand.

Like this for you.

Your assumption is I am not a theist.

I haven't said anything about religion.

Have you read neurological studies on transgender children or adults?

Yes. I disagree with the findings that promote the idea that a woman knows what it is like to be a man, and vice versa. Have you read studies on people who regret their transitions afterwards and commit suicide because of the resulting depression?

So you reject neuroscience and prefer superstions.

Yes I have read those things. It's terrible. But usually from dealing with opinions like yours is what causes these suicides.

That and the fact the operation didn't change the damage already done by people with opinions lkke yours.

I have my own feelings about children and drugs for sex change but ultimately I accept IRS the choice of parents and their children and drs.

The thing I don't accept are hack causation claims and superstions over science.

posted on Apr, 9 2016 @ 10:47 PM
link   

Like this for you.

Yes. I disagree with the findings that promote the idea that a woman knows what it is like to be a man, and vice versa. Have you read studies on people who regret their transitions afterwards and commit suicide because of the resulting depression?

Yes I have read those things. It's terrible. But usually from dealing with opinions like yours is what causes these suicides.

That and the fact the operation didn't change the damage already done by people with opinions lkke yours.

I have my own feelings about children and drugs for sex change but ultimately I accept IRS the choice of parents and their children and drs.

The thing I don't accept are hack causation claims and superstions over science.

No, I reject the findings of those specific scientists that I refer to as 'quacks'

Don't make this about me, please review the T&C. We're having a mostly civil discussion and I'd hate to see you unable to post for a while because you are getting angry and want to take a few cheap shots.

posted on Apr, 9 2016 @ 10:47 PM
link   

Blacks used to have their bathrooms too. They have black skin. They went to black bathrooms.

Did the ones with penises go into the women's bathrooms?

Probably. Often there was one black bathroom.

They couldn't use the white ones though.

Maybe there is residual resentment there are less and less people to control with superstions.

posted on Apr, 9 2016 @ 10:51 PM
link   

If you feel I have attacked you personally please go ahead.

I think what you are feeling is your loosing this debate.

I have a right to suggest your claims are not valid.

I have a right to point out opinions like ones that discriminate against others are based on superstions and possibly come from loosing control of the situation.

I don't have the right to call you names.

I don't think I did that.

I'd I did. I am sorry.

posted on Apr, 9 2016 @ 10:52 PM
link   

Like this for you.

No, I reject the findings of those specific scientists that I refer to as 'quacks'

Don't make this about me, please review the T&C. We're having a mostly civil discussion and I'd hate to see you unable to post for a while because you are getting angry and want to take a few cheap shots.

These quack studies are done in several well respected major universities published in peer review journals.

posted on Apr, 9 2016 @ 10:55 PM
link   

Blacks used to have their bathrooms too. They have black skin. They went to black bathrooms.

Maybe there is residual resentment there are less and less people to control with superstions.

If there was only one bathroom then it wasn't male or female.

There is definitely a growing visceral resentment against people who think that men and women should use the correct facilities based on their physically expressed gender. Because feelings.

posted on Apr, 9 2016 @ 10:56 PM
link   
a reply to: luthier

Source?

posted on Apr, 9 2016 @ 10:57 PM
link   

I have a right to point out opinions like ones that discriminate against others are based on superstions and possibly come from loosing control of the situation.

I'd I did. I am sorry.

I'm not going to do anything, but the mods do take the T&C seriously. I'm not offended, and I know that some people are going to be upset by my opinions on the matter.

posted on Apr, 9 2016 @ 10:58 PM
link   

Actually, I wanted your source.

posted on Apr, 9 2016 @ 10:58 PM
link   

If there was only one bathroom then it wasn't male or female.

There is definitely a growing visceral resentment against people who think that men and women should use the correct facilities based on their physically expressed gender. Because feelings.

Physically expressed gender not only doesn't semantically make sense it's plain wrong by what is being learned of science.

How are people expressing their gender physically?

And no there is not. There is a political agenda purposely stirring the pot and mixing religion and state.

What was the name of the law again?

posted on Apr, 9 2016 @ 11:00 PM
link   

I'd I did. I am sorry.

I'm not going to do anything, but the mods do take the T&C seriously. I'm not offended, and I know that some people are going to be upset by my opinions on the matter.

Pretty sure I am well within the T and C

You on the other hand have insulted several people who are transgender with your superstions which is a t and c violation.

posted on Apr, 9 2016 @ 11:02 PM
link   

Like this for you.

These quack studies are done in several well respected major universities published in peer review journals.

As a college graduate in biological science who read (and still reads) studies in peer reviewed journals... so what? It's a known unspoken rule that 'peer review' of controversial topics means 'we found some people who are sympathetic to our point of view', plus the overwhelming amount of liberal tenured professors.

Short story, it's a good ol' boys network for progressives to try and make themselves look more reputable. I still think they are quacks.

posted on Apr, 9 2016 @ 11:03 PM
link   

SOURCE PLEASE.

posted on Apr, 9 2016 @ 11:04 PM
link   

I'd I did. I am sorry.

Pretty sure I am well within the T and C

You on the other hand have insulted several people who are transgender with your superstions which is a t and c violation.

Citation please?

posted on Apr, 9 2016 @ 11:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: imjack

Source?

There are several studies actually. I am on a call that has issues with opening several pages right now. Here is one.
www.newscientist.com...
And another.
www.scientificamerican.com...

You will have to follow the study through the article I can't surf to well right now. My pages keep shutting down.
edit on 9-4-2016 by luthier because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 9 2016 @ 11:06 PM
link   
I don't care where men and women go to the bathroom ... their taking a $[! or piss for god sakes ... something I don't want to get in the middle of to be sure.

You know what I hate? ... having to take my daughters into the men's room because they have to $[! too and I'm the parent on duty (see what I did there)

I say we learn how to keep the bathrooms clean before we worry about who's using them....

Than again maybe we should stop some people from using them ... it might keep them cleaner.

posted on Apr, 9 2016 @ 11:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: imjack

SOURCE PLEASE.

I did say 'unspoken rule' but if you need a place to start...

www.cbc.ca...

posted on Apr, 9 2016 @ 11:07 PM
link   

Gee that was fast too bad I meant him.

posted on Apr, 9 2016 @ 11:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: ButsDuge
I don't care where men and women go to the bathroom ... their taking a $[! or piss for god sakes ... something I don't want to get in the middle of to be sure.

You know what I hate? ... having to take my daughters into the men's room because they have to $[! too and I'm the parent on duty (see what I did there)

I say we learn how to keep the bathrooms clean before we worry about who's using them....

Than again maybe we should stop some people from using them ... it might keep them cleaner.

Bathrooms are much less of an issue, to be sure. Women will be using stalls no matter which gender they think they are. Men who think they are women wouldn't have any choice but to use a woman's stall.

Open locker rooms and showers are the much bigger issue.
edit on 9-4-2016 by Teikiatsu because: (no reason given)

edit on 9-4-2016 by Teikiatsu because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 20  21  22    24  25  26 >>

join