It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

North Carolina Loses 400 Jobs as PayPal Pulls Facility over ‘Bathroom Bill’

page: 26
<< 23  24  25    27  28  29 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 11 2016 @ 04:20 AM
link   
"Equal if Sexy"

abcnews.go.com...

edit on 11-4-2016 by imjack because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 11 2016 @ 09:28 AM
link   
It's really heating up!
Bryan Adams has just cancelled his gig in Mississippi over their hate law too.
That's after Bruce Springsteen cancelled his gig in North Carolina over their hate law.

Plenty more to come.
These states had better get their act together and reverse these ignorant laws before they lose any reputation they had.

On top of that we've seen more than 100 corporations making statements about not expanding in these states, pulling their business out of these states entirely, refusing to invest in these states at all... we've see tourism pretty much ending. The city of Charlotte is reporting they've lost out on thousands of hotel reservations already, in a week they lost several large events.

This is already having a massive economic toll on these states, and even if they pull back these laws today they'll be facing the damage done by this for months to come.

And who is to blame for these masses of job losses, these millions lost in $'s and this shameful reputation around the world? The REPUBLICANS who are more interested in forcing their religious bs onto a society than doing what is best for those they govern.

This is another perfect example of why you can't trust a Republican, they're more interested in stamping religious control on the public than doing what's right for the people of their community - they govern for themselves, not for the population.

posted on Apr, 11 2016 @ 10:43 AM
link   
Maybe God can write the state a check for its losses.

posted on Apr, 11 2016 @ 10:45 AM
link   
a reply to: Annee

Christ Cash.

I've actually talked to somebody about it (it was in part an argument about "In God We Trust" on money).

posted on Apr, 11 2016 @ 10:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: Deaf Alien

Christ Cash.

I've actually talked to somebody about it (it was in part an argument about "In God We Trust" on money).

Oh, Lordy!

posted on Apr, 11 2016 @ 10:48 AM
link   

It can be funny sometimes.

[edit] When you get the chance there are good articles on Fox News with commenting sections. We have the usual hardcore Christians and atheists on there. When you see me you will know.
edit on 4/11/2016 by Deaf Alien because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 11 2016 @ 10:58 AM
link   

It can be funny sometimes.

[edit] When you get the chance there are good articles on Fox News with commenting sections. We have the usual hardcore Christians and atheists on there. When you see me you will know.

Ugh! Do I have to go to FOX?

I used to be a dedicated FOX watcher - - before they went insane.

posted on Apr, 11 2016 @ 11:00 AM
link   

But it's fun LOL. The more I spend with commenters from both sides and with Fox News the more I realize it's all a propaganda from the far right wing. Interesting to watch.

posted on Apr, 11 2016 @ 11:07 AM
link   
a reply to: Rocker2013

Part of me hopes they wait just long enough for SC to get all their jobs. Haley has been saying there is no reason for this law. Say what you will about her. She treads an even ground for someone in such a conservative religious state. Being pro bussiness helps.

Haley said her office has not received any complaints about the issue, adding South Carolinians are respectful to people of different backgrounds.

“I don’t believe it’s necessary,” the Lexington Republican told reporters. “There’s not one instance that I’m aware of.

“When we look at our situation, we’re not hearing of anybody’s religious liberties that are being violated, and we’re again not hearing any citizens that are being violated in terms of freedoms,” she said. “Like it or not, South Carolina is doing really well when it comes to respect and when it comes to kindness and when it comes to acceptance. For people to imply it’s not, I beg to differ.”

Read more here: www.thestate.com...=cpy
edit on 11-4-2016 by luthier because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 11 2016 @ 11:10 AM
link   

But it's fun LOL. The more I spend with commenters from both sides and with Fox News the more I realize it's all a propaganda from the far right wing. Interesting to watch.

I do try to always read comments. They're the best source of how people think.

Ever gone to a fundamental Christian site with comments? Those are beyond disturbing.

posted on Apr, 11 2016 @ 11:11 AM
link   
a reply to: luthier

Yep that's the propaganda from a small group (the group of Fundies). Like you said people don't know of anyone who complained there.

posted on Apr, 11 2016 @ 11:12 AM
link   

Don't get me started. Don't give me nightmares. Mmmmkay?

posted on Apr, 11 2016 @ 11:17 AM
link   

Yep that's the propaganda from a small group (the group of Fundies). Like you said people don't know of anyone who complained there.

Of coarse not. If your staring at people in bathrooms your religious freedom is the least of your problems.

People who have never met trans folks think they are dudes in Marti gras drag costumes.

posted on Apr, 11 2016 @ 11:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: namelesss

originally posted by: dawnstar

Good!
And many, many, more to come!
Pressure and humiliation and isolation and derision and laws are all tools to herd unethical idiots into socially acceptable behavior!
Perhaps starvation through lack of employment might skim those hateful self-righteous ignorant garbage genes from the gene-pool?

Right... so the working class guy holding down three jobs, with barely enough time to comb his hair in the morning, should starve and free the world of his "garbage genes."

Go ahead and lecture us some more on morality. You're not too bright, are you buddy? The people who are hurt by these sanctions the most have nothing to do with the law.

Funny how everyone here rails against corporations (rightly so) until they do something like this, then all of the sudden they're the good guys. These companies don't give a flying f*ck about this law, they have no moral convictions one way or the other. They've simply spotted an opportunity for good PR and have swooped on it like vultures, and the only one who gets hurt is the little guy.

You people are so predictable, it's pathetic. How dare you claim any pretense to morality?
edit on 11-4-2016 by Talorc because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 11 2016 @ 11:20 AM
link   

That's just the thing. Somehow (perhaps a propaganda mostly likely) they think of a ugly perverted transvestite dude in bathrooms with their little girls. It has actually been stated all the time on Fox News and in here. That is how they see it.

posted on Apr, 11 2016 @ 11:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: Talorc

Good!
Pressure and humiliation and isolation and derision and laws are all tools to herd unethical idiots into socially acceptable behavior!
Perhaps starvation through lack of employment might skim those hateful self-righteous ignorant garbage genes from the gene-pool?

Right... so the working class guy holding down three jobs, with barely enough time to comb his hair in the morning, should starve and free the world of his "garbage genes."

Go ahead and lecture us some more on morality. You're not too bright, are you buddy? The people who are hurt by these sanctions have nothing to do with the law.

Funny how everyone rails against corporations (righly so) until they do something like this, then all of the sudden they're the good guys. These companies don't give a flying f*ck about this law, they have no moral convictions one way or the other. They've simply spotted an opportunity for good PR and have swooped on it like vultures, and the only one who gets hurt is the little guy.

You people are so predictable, it's pathetic. How dare you claim any pretense to morality?

Your displaced anger need redirection. The morons that called an emergency session to pass a law 75 percent of the state never wanted.

Those companies do care for several reasons.

1. They have employees who are LGBT and some include executives.

2. They get sued by employees for discrimination and title 9 is a federal law.

3. This included schools which get federal money and will loose it by going against federal laws. There is already a legal precedence.

posted on Apr, 11 2016 @ 11:27 AM
link   

The people who are hurt by these sanctions the most have nothing to do with the law.

Who voted these guys into office?

posted on Apr, 11 2016 @ 11:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: luthier

Good!

Go ahead and lecture us some more on morality. You're not too bright, are you buddy? The people who are hurt by these sanctions have nothing to do with the law.

Funny how everyone rails against corporations (righly so) until they do something like this, then all of the sudden they're the good guys. These companies don't give a flying f*ck about this law, they have no moral convictions one way or the other. They've simply spotted an opportunity for good PR and have swooped on it like vultures, and the only one who gets hurt is the little guy.

Your displaced anger need redirection. The morons that called an emergency session to pass a law 75 percent of the state never wanted.

3. This included schools which get federal money and will loose it by going against federal laws. There is already a legal precedence.

No, my anger is placed just fine. Someone needs to take a position against hysterical imbeciles. This kind of irrationality and faux-righteousness never leads to good things.

The word you should have used is "misplaced", by the way.

posted on Apr, 11 2016 @ 11:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: Annee

The people who are hurt by these sanctions the most have nothing to do with the law.

Who voted these guys into office?

Wealthy Republican old-money types. The working poor are generally apathetic towards voting, at least on a local/state level. I thought that was common knowledge. Poor people don't make their own laws, rich people do it for them.

posted on Apr, 11 2016 @ 11:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: luthier

Good!

No, my anger is placed just fine. Someone needs to take a position against hysterical imbeciles. This kind of irrationality and faux-righteousness never leads to good things.

The word you should have used is "misplaced", by the way.

Displaced:

cause (something) to move from its proper or usual place.

Displaced anger:

Displaced anger is anger that's directed onto a safe, irrelevant target rather than its actual cause. 

And some of those working people are LGBT and sick of it too. On top of that morons are making uniforceable discrimination laws.

new topics

top topics

<< 23  24  25    27  28  29 >>

join