It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

America is done, illegals will soon be able to vote

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 5 2016 @ 01:24 AM
link   
a reply to: TarzanBeta

Don't worry I'm very resilient and I know what I believe in.

Thank you very much I know that a lot of people left here because of the vocal minority but I'm standing my ground.

posted on Apr, 5 2016 @ 01:27 AM
link   
a reply to: onequestion

I know that a lot of people left here because of the vocal minority

Did you take a poll?
Or are you saying that it is a minority who understand the Constitution?

edit on 4/5/2016 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 5 2016 @ 01:30 AM
link   
a reply to: Phage

I'm not going into that ridiculous diatribe with you.

posted on Apr, 5 2016 @ 01:31 AM
link   

Diatribe?

I'm just wondering how you determined who the majority/minority are.

posted on Apr, 5 2016 @ 01:39 AM
link   

The people posting are the minority

posted on Apr, 5 2016 @ 01:42 AM
link   

You mean those like you, and TarzanBeta? Yes, that would seem to be the case in this thread.

But if you're saying that those who understand why the challenge was shot down are in the overall minority, again I wonder, how do you know that?

posted on Apr, 5 2016 @ 01:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

You didn't properly read what is going on did you? Keep your pants on. That ruling isn't giving illegals the right to vote. it has to do with how the districts are defined based on population levels in them. Heck the text you quoted SAYS this. Yet you still lied with the thread title and are acting like it is happening with your response to the article.

Talk about a click bait thread...

OP, as much as I really hate agreeing with Krazyshot. . . . He's right.

THAT BEING SAID: I don't agree with this ruling whatsoever. They may not be voting, but this is essentially shifting the voter weight AWAY from ~12 million Americans. How the supreme court can vote in favor of this is mind boggling to me.

posted on Apr, 5 2016 @ 01:46 AM
link   
a reply to: chuck258

They may not be voting, but this is essentially shifting the voter weight AWAY from ~12 million Americans. How the supreme court can vote in favor of this is mind boggling to me
The Court did not rule in favor of anything. They ruled against a challenge from two people in Texas.

Can you explain how this dilutes the power of voters? The OP hasn't really done so.

posted on Apr, 5 2016 @ 02:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: onequestion
America is done, illegals will soon be able to vote

"America is done!"
Oh the drama!

Quite frankly, I cannot see any difference between the votes of illegal aliens, and the votes of the ignorant mindless, corrupt, easily manipulated illiterate refuse of public 'education' already populating this failed experiment of a 'democracy'!!

posted on Apr, 5 2016 @ 02:44 AM
link   

My case has been clearly stated.

posted on Apr, 5 2016 @ 02:49 AM
link   

My case has been clearly stated.

Yes. I know.

We won't be able to hold onto this country if anyone can come vote weather they are citizens or not.

Which has nothing to do with the SCOTUS decision.

posted on Apr, 5 2016 @ 02:51 AM
link   

Oh god will you at least pay attention.

posted on Apr, 5 2016 @ 02:53 AM
link   
I have been.
Have you?
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Apr, 5 2016 @ 02:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: onequestion
a reply to: thesaneone

I don't care if you agree with me or not amnesty is a major political platform that people including Obama have been discussing for years and is playing. Major roll in determining our elections.

This is because there are major problems with illegal immigration and the representatives who have an area with high illegal immigration populations are going to support amnesty in order to stay in power and grow their constituency.

You need an education.

......I honestly couldn't care less what you have to say Phage.
edit on 4/5/2016 by onequestion because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 5 2016 @ 03:04 AM
link   

..I honestly couldn't care less what you have to say Phage.

That's your prerogative. You don't seem to care about what anyone says if it conflicts with your world view, though.

But you haven't explained how amnesty leads to illegal immigrants voting. Didn't you agree that amnesty does not equal citizenship?

representatives who have an area with high illegal immigration populations are going to support amnesty in order to stay in power and grow their constituency.

How can nonvoters keep a politician in office if the voters don't want him there?

posted on Apr, 5 2016 @ 03:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

You didn't properly read what is going on did you? Keep your pants on. That ruling isn't giving illegals the right to vote. it has to do with how the districts are defined based on population levels in them. Heck the text you quoted SAYS this. Yet you still lied with the thread title and are acting like it is happening with your response to the article.

Talk about a click bait thread...

It's really kind of "business as usual" here in Texas. Sadly, the drawing of political districts is a constant source of infighting as one group tries to take away votes and influence of another group. If they rely on "eligible voters" instead of "who is living there", the cities get shorted a lot of money for services and goods from the Texas state government.

posted on Apr, 5 2016 @ 03:36 AM
link   

Having more delegates gives them disproportionately more power in presidential elections doesn't it?

Less people with more votes.

Hmmm funny. I remember that being mentioned in the thread already.

Let me get a link for you.

posted on Apr, 5 2016 @ 03:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: GodEmperor
a reply to: NateTheAnimator

What are you talking about?

The number of representatives is for states is determined by the census.

Does the Census Bureau collect data on the legal status of the foreign born? No.

www.census.gov...

The number of electors of electoral college, for each state, is determined by the number of senators/representatives. So any population with high number of illegal immigrant(regardless of country of origin), would make states with lax illegal immigrant laws more powerful in determining a president.

Oh that was easy.

posted on Apr, 5 2016 @ 05:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: thesaneone
The biggest problem with this country is that most people don't know how to comprehend a story.

I think the op needs to take a break from the news or so called news for a bit and spend some time camping.

Why are they counting children (some of whom are illegal I presume) and felons? This has nothing to do with the right to vote but rather how districts are defined. Hell, they had to redistrict Texas to get George the elder elected to Congress. It's politics as usual.

posted on Apr, 5 2016 @ 05:09 AM
link   

Do you think most illegals are providing data to census workers?

new topics

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join