It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hit n Run

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 4 2016 @ 12:21 PM
link   
Okay, I'm still in shock... this just happened to me less than an hour ago, just finished speaking to my LEO.

I was on my morning run on my regular 10k route and I was literally scooped and rolled by a person with long dark hair driving a black honda sedan. I don't know the specific model because they hit me and left that quick.

I checked my left before making my way into this cross walk no cars, two steps in i get that something is there in the corner of my eye, turn to see a black vehicle coming at me. I had only enough time to give a little hop getting my knee above the bumper, she fully strikes my hip with her hood rolls me off her car and I land on the ground and they kept going. I have been trying not to say she because I did not get a good enough look at the driver. Longer dark hair, could be woman could have been young man/teen with long dark hair i don't know I only caught a flash and there was glare in the windscreen. It was car, sky, ground. I did not get a license plate. Saw the honda emblem(silver) Black hood as it came at me and the car speeding off as I was getting up.

I'm beside myself. What if I didn't hop.. I certainly would have injured if not broken my knee. What If I got knocked under the car and dragged..

The fact the driver didn't even slow down to see if I was okay is even more upsetting. I'm 163lbs, I had to have left a mark on that car and the thud I heard was loud and I was on the outside of the vehicle.

The longer I think about it the worse I feel... Society is sick that we won't even stop to check if someone is hurt by our own hands. No one wants to claim responsibility for their faults both in action and voice. My head is literally spinning.

Worse now, my faith in community is gone. There are two schools on that street, both for young children, I'm 5'11" and much easier to see than a young tot. Worse yet, I was able to leap over the bumper mid stride a child would have surely ended up under the vehicle.

I'm absolutely distraught. I don't even know what to say.

Humanity is sick.

posted on Apr, 4 2016 @ 12:29 PM
link   
First off...Glad you are OK.

It's a kid who got scared. You will find them.

Drive thru the School Parking lot. It will be there.

But, I'm glad you are able to post. You could easily be dead.

Wow...

posted on Apr, 4 2016 @ 12:30 PM
link   
a reply to: Aeshma

Someone was watching over you! I'm glad you're ok! It could have turned out to be much worst.

Do the police think they'll be able to locate the driver from the description of the vehicle? Could it be this person was texting on her cell phone and never realized she hit you? There's a lot of crazy and careless drivers out there.

posted on Apr, 4 2016 @ 12:30 PM
link   
You know, you're right to be upset, but you're speculating an awful lot on what could have happened that did not rather than what did actually happen. Yes, you could have been killed. Yes, a child could be killed on that street. All that is true, but it didn't happen. What you really need to do is exert your energy on capturing this driver, who is a menace to everyone. For example, the police ought to check body shops for black hondas. It may even be possible to pull records of black hondas from the DMV, depending on the size of your community. And third, people tend to be habitual. If you're run was during commute hours, you were likely hit by someone going to work, which she (or he) does every day. If this is true I don't think it would be a waste of time to stand on that corner with a camera and just observe.

Hope you catch this person!

posted on Apr, 4 2016 @ 12:31 PM
link   

Shheeeesh.. well you're alive. So that's good. But you're gonna be sore for awhile. Worst yet, your trust of the people in cars around you. Will not be the same for some time.

We're you wearing a headset?
Scratch this question. The driver was the one in the wrong. And you said you looked around.
edit on 4-4-2016 by Bigburgh because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 4 2016 @ 12:38 PM
link   
a reply to: schuyler

Schuyler thank you for that! I've been trying to get myself to stop that type of thought but I'm sure it's just the shock of the situation. It's my nature to try to think of all possible outcomes, and it's reinforced by my job. I just have to try to turn that part of my mind off right now and focus on what matters.

You're right we are habitual. I might not go tomorrow, as I'm still coming down from my run as well as the adrenaline from the incident so I'm starting to get a little sore. I'm actually thinking I might go see the doc as when they checked me out i thought i was totally fine, no bone injuries things like that but If I have some muscular damage that should be documented if we catch this person.

I'm sure I will be able to walk but I dunno If I want to obsess over hunting the person down that's not healthy either. Sorry man I'm so scrambled right now. It was while kids were being dropped off the officer is hoping a parent caught it and will report as well.

posted on Apr, 4 2016 @ 12:39 PM
link   
a reply to: Bigburgh

I had ear buds in, not to loud because I'm already skiddish around cars. I will probably never wear em again ha ha. I looked no cars, two steps in they came up quick caught a dark object looked to see car "#" jumped , thump, sky, ground..

Maybe they were on their phone i don't know.

posted on Apr, 4 2016 @ 12:41 PM
link   
That's a pretty horrible story. Count your lucky stars that you were able to post it here.

You might want to have a doctor check you over just to make sure you don't have any injuries that you are not aware of.

posted on Apr, 4 2016 @ 12:42 PM
link   
I've seen a lot of hit and runs. Always amazes me people have no conscience.

Here in Chicago, hit and runs are almost always illegal aliens. Huge issue here locally. Generally, if someone doesn't stop, it is because they have something else to hide.

Just be thankful you are ok.
edit on 4-4-2016 by Edumakated because: (no reason given)

link   
a reply to: WeRpeons

I think someone was watching over me too. I'm Glad I'm okay too, and even more glad it wasn't worse.

The officer said she hopes someone else saw something and reports it, there were other cars driving down the street I don't know if they saw. There was pretty much me and the car that hit me at that moment, and I was flung around so my awareness was challenged and my focus was on get up get up.

I don't know if they were on their phone, if they were I'd like to stuff it in their nose.

link   

I edited my headset question. Driver is still at fault. Bar none they left the scene.
But glad you are ok.

posted on Apr, 4 2016 @ 12:44 PM
link   
a reply to: whyamIhere

I'm not a big guy, but I'm big enough to leave a mark on that car. I'm hoping something will turn up.

posted on Apr, 4 2016 @ 12:44 PM
link   

Unfortunately this happens all the time.

In miami people will kill you and just leave. it's sickening.

I once heard an accident outside my house and went outside to look.
This guy had run a stop sign and hit a car with 2 adults and a young kid in it.

The guy after regaining his sense just drove off. I was so angry. I took down his plate and the cops went to his house to get him.....

posted on Apr, 4 2016 @ 12:45 PM
link   
a reply to: Bigburgh

Thanks man, I know where you are coming from and I did question myself. I stop at intersections where cars are, I do not cross mid street, I always make eye contact with drivers before advancing. The driver wasn't there when I entered the cross walk.

I know what you're saying though.

posted on Apr, 4 2016 @ 12:48 PM
link   
a reply to: grey580

Sir, I'm hoping someone like yourself saw me get hit today. Even if they didn't have a chance to check on me, I'm hoping they made a report.

I would love for someone to have witnessed and followed the vehicle to get a license plate.

posted on Apr, 4 2016 @ 12:51 PM
link   
a reply to: N3k9Ni

I'm going to have to do that. My left thigh, side and neck are getting sore. I was thinking it was just from run at first but it's neck so I'm gonna go.

posted on Apr, 4 2016 @ 01:43 PM
link   
Yet, you're here to post this thread. There's that. I'm glad you're okay.

posted on Apr, 4 2016 @ 02:22 PM
link   
a reply to: WeRpeons

Why didn't the someone watching over him just prevent the entire accident instead of letting him get hit in the first place?

To the OP glad you're okay. Could you walk home?
You'll find the driver. Probably through the local repair shops. If it was loud you left a dent.
You didn't say where you live. City? Town, village, so far off the beaten path they fly in supplies?
How many repair shops would the police need to canvas?

posted on Apr, 4 2016 @ 02:42 PM
link   

Wow! Welcome to Monday!! How awful for you. You'll be sore if not today, then in a day or two. Hope you got yourself thoroughly checked out. Since it happened in a school neighborhood, perhaps there might be CCTV somewhere? Ifor your sake I sure hope so.

I hope you don't end up in too much pain. Surely your day will get better, especially if the cops find them! Good luck with everything!

posted on Apr, 4 2016 @ 03:39 PM
link   
In the State I live in...

If you hit somebody and run. If they are injured it becomes a felony.

Also, their Insurance should pay your medical bills.

Go get checked out. You might be in mild shock.

Best of Luck...

top topics

<<   2 >>

join