It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

euthunasia should be a right for all 18+

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 2 2016 @ 10:03 PM
link   
I don't think 18 is the right choice. I believe you need to live a little and mature before making that decision. Those with perhaps a debilitating injury is different but an 18 makes such terrible decisions sometimes and you would hate to see someone make it off solely an emotional choice. I would say at least 30.

I always told my wife that I don't want to live to the point where I am stuck in an old folks home. If I can't take care of myself anymore then that is the tine I need to peacefully go.

posted on Apr, 3 2016 @ 09:26 AM
link   
Well first off, I'd say Euthinasia is already a right. It's called suicide. But that's like the worst option you could imagine. Any extreme options are often bad options for almost any area of life. The moment it's "do or die", well, what if you die? Like frig ever week I feel depressed and feel like dying or giving up on life. Because life is hard. As a human life is hard, doesn't matter what your position or circumstance in life, you'll have problems. But suicide isn't the answer at all. It's the act of a coward. Now if you're in savire pain, well that's tricky. However, pain can be treated. Deceases can be healed. So again euthinising someone is not a good option. Because it's the extreme. Euthinasia should really never be done. Like there's always a less absolute alternative. ie: you're in pain, well try canabus oil. That will take away your pain. Or you have a decease, well look into natural remedies. There are cures out there for almost anything. Even not doing anything but just waiting. The placibo effect of just waiting, and doing nothing cures like tons and tons of people. It's the "doing something" like kemo and radiation, drugs etc etc that tends to kill people. But no sucide is dumb. It's like robbing a bank because you need money. You don't need to go to that extreme. There's safer easier, less harmful alternatives. Like it's no just the person who dies, that effective tons of other friends and family too. now they have to suffer a lose. The point is there's tons and tons of cases of people who were suffering some horendous decease and were on the brink of death. Any doctor and even loved ones would have said "oh ya euthinaize" but the person fought on, slowly got better, and eventually even go back to a healthy normal life. But people tend to always want to go to the extreme when it comes to trying to remedy lifes ills and pains. It's not the way to go. You don't throw the baby out with the bath water.

posted on Apr, 3 2016 @ 03:14 PM
link   
a reply to: lavatrance

I see all a lot of "Suicide is cowardice!" whenever such a thing is brought up.
You know, the Japanese see suicide as honourable.

At any rate.

I'd say Euthinasia is already a right. It's called suicide.

It's not a right. Suicide is also criminal in a lot of countries. If you fail, you can get charged, arrested, imprisoned (like that's the best thing to do for someone who is already in anguish). If you don't fail, your family is responsible. So, hardly a "right".

posted on Apr, 3 2016 @ 04:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: kaelci
a reply to: lavatrance

At any rate.

I'd say Euthinasia is already a right. It's called suicide.

It's not a right. Suicide is also criminal in a lot of countries. If you fail, you can get charged, arrested, imprisoned (like that's the best thing to do for someone who is already in anguish). If you don't fail, your family is responsible. So, hardly a "right".

Not only that but suicide can be a sad and lonely business. The person committing it will be unlikely to say 'goodbye' to friends and family because they'd all pitch in to stop the proceedings.

Plus it can be a bit hit and miss. Sometimes unnecessesarily gruesome.

Far better to be able to organise a dignified and comfortable way out having explained one's motives so as to reduce the feelings of guilt and recriminations likely to be felt by loved ones.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join