It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

10 Reasons Why Hidden Cancer Cure Conspiracy Theories Fail

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 30 2016 @ 01:37 PM
link   
a reply to: Pardon?

I have no idea.

Because after reading about it on ATS I asked him to ask him. At the time someone was having chemotherapy which didn't seem to be working and in desperation he asked him about it. They have a very trusting relationship which I guess comes after spending many years alone together in a car.

posted on Mar, 30 2016 @ 01:39 PM
link   
a reply to: GetHyped

Not at all. I rarely post on ATS unless something really gets to me and I'm just protecting identities.

posted on Mar, 30 2016 @ 01:41 PM
link   

Nice language. How old are you, 12? Members like you are the reason I don't post often.

posted on Mar, 30 2016 @ 02:13 PM
link   
a reply to: paradisepurple

Old enough to not be telling tall tales on the internet.

posted on Mar, 30 2016 @ 02:18 PM
link   

Yep, so am I.

posted on Mar, 30 2016 @ 02:29 PM
link   
The only reason I can think of that the insurance companies aren't all for finding a cure is that they make more money than they pay out for the treatment. Cancer is a good scare tactic for selling medical coverage and health insurance costs are very high, without cancer people wouldn't expect to pay so much for a health policy. That said, I think they would be rich enough to put their own research teams together and look for a cure themselves.

posted on Mar, 30 2016 @ 04:45 PM
link   

It's a shame. These guys start off making really intelligent posts then if they are not controlled they usually end up going out of their way to make posters feel stupid.

There are other places where people can disagree/debate without the disappointing attitude. Just not here at the moment.

posted on Mar, 31 2016 @ 03:50 AM
link   

One of them isn't telling the whole truth though as there are currently 3 clinical trials for testing MBZ in the US alone and plenty of initial research which shows promise treating glioma.
It seems that it's quite a specific target area though, not a blanket tumour drug and as yet it's too early to tell whether it's effective or not.

posted on Mar, 31 2016 @ 02:21 PM
link   
a reply to: and14263

Thanks for the support And

posted on Mar, 31 2016 @ 02:36 PM
link   
a reply to: Pardon?

*sigh* I can assure you they were both telling the truth. I would like nothing more than to have a conversation with him about it myself but that isn't going to happen.

I have no idea what trials re mebendazole are ongoing at the moment. However at the time, it was just over a year ago now, I found and printed a number of case studies spanning a number of years.

posted on Mar, 31 2016 @ 04:14 PM
link   
a reply to: cuckooold

We all get it !

posted on Jun, 16 2016 @ 09:47 PM
link   
You never hear much of royals or anyone like that getting much cancer do you?

posted on Jun, 19 2016 @ 02:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: RockCapstone

The Queen mother had bowel cancer. LINK

Princess Margaret had part of her lungs removed and there were rumours of cancer. LINK

Eduard VIII had throat cancer.

And lots of rich and famous people died of cancer, Here are some of them.

posted on Jun, 21 2016 @ 06:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: RockCapstone

It goes back far into history. Even dinosaurs had cancer - and there's lots of evidence for it

posted on Jun, 21 2016 @ 07:47 PM
link   
I enjoyed this post

I once had a folder with hundreds of saved web pages and ATS thread links for "alternative" cancer "treatments"

This thread from 2010 has an insane number things listed as cures. Never got a chance to go through them all but as you can see, it's a topic of deep interest to many people.

Cancer is DEAD: Cancer cures from A to Z

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jun, 21 2016 @ 08:23 PM
link   
a reply to: Agartha

We meet again.

No problem here you go.

Collectively, this study provides several important findings for the first time: a cannabinoid receptor and TRPV1-dependent ICAM-1 induction that exhibits a pivotal role in the TIMP-1-dependent anti-invasive action of cannabinoids; ICAM-1 as a molecular key player of an anti-invasive mechanism; anticancer properties of cannabinoids investigated in primary human lung tumor cells; and an inhibitor-based antimetastatic mechanism of cannabinoids in vivo. To assess the efficacy of cannabinoid-based drugs as systemic anticancer strategies, clinical trials are suggested.

Pubmed - CBD inhibits lung cancer cells

Several studies have demonstrated that cannabinoids also have anti-cancer activity and as cannabinoids are usually well tolerated and do not produce the typical toxic effects of conventional chemotherapies, there is considerable merit in the development of cannabinoids as potential anticancer therapies. Whilst the presence of psychoactive effects of cannabinoids could prevent any progress in this field, recent studies have shown the value of the non-psychoactive components of cannabinoids in activating apoptotic pathways, inducing anti-proliferative and anti-angiogenic effects.

European Journal of Pharmacology

British Journal of Pharmacology - Cannabidiol inhibits human glioma cell migration

British Journal of Pharmacology

It's only recently that scientists have been able to study it due to the legality of the substance.
Since CBD is legal in the U.K it makes it easier for studies to be made. The studies that have been made so far have been very promising.
edit on 21-6-2016 by mclarenmp4 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 21 2016 @ 08:54 PM
link   
I wanted to add also as it's been mentioned a couple of times recently regarding Sodium Bicarbonate curing cancer.
This I believe came about because an Italian surgeon had success treating cancer with direct injections of sodium bicarbonate.
People then took this as sodium bicarbonate cures cancer and people started consuming large amounts of SB, all this does is alkalise the stomach which is not something your stomach should be and can cause major digestive issues.
He has since came out to explain to people that his method of treatment is only useful in direct application to the cancer, he believes cancer to be a fungus and SB alkalises the fungi which kills it.

Sodium bicarbonate does have an important role in the body, it buffers lactic acid in the blood. Soda doping is widely used at the top level of athletics as it's legal and has shown to improve anaerobic performance.

Also just because something is seen as "Alternative" it doesn't mean it's not without evidence as I demonstrated with CBD studies above.
Usually there is no smoke without fire (no pun intented) and the cannabis plant was used in a variety of medicines that predate modern medicine.

edit on 21-6-2016 by mclarenmp4 because: Add more info

posted on Jun, 21 2016 @ 10:16 PM
link   
Natural treatments can't be patented so there is no reason for Pharma to invest in them.

posted on Jun, 22 2016 @ 03:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: mclarenmp4
We meet again.

No problem here you go.

You can't get enough of me disagreeing with you, eh?
LOL

Pubmed - CBD inhibits lung cancer cells

Your first article above is very good but the results were only seen in vitro for human cancer cells and in vivo for mice. We know very well that success in both in vitro and mice does not mean success with humans. We will have to wait for the clinical trials to really see if it works.

European Journal of Pharmacology

Do you have the whole article somewhere? I don't like reading only the abstract, sorry.

British Journal of Pharmacology - Cannabidiol inhibits human glioma cell migration

British Journal of Pharmacology

The two above are in vitro too, which does not necessarily translate as success in clinical trials.

Also just because something is seen as "Alternative" it doesn't mean it's not without evidence as I demonstrated with CBD studies above.

I hate repeating myself, but it is evidence for in vitro for human cells and in vivo for mice. Believe it or not I hope CBD is found to be effective in clinical trials, as I hope for a cancer treatment that's not as harsh as the only ones we have now.

This I believe came about because an Italian surgeon had success treating cancer with direct injections of sodium bicarbonate.

Do you remember the name of the Italian doctor? I would love to read his original study.
Thank you.

posted on Jun, 22 2016 @ 03:41 AM
link   
a reply to: Agartha

Dr. Simoncini.

He killed a few people with his baking soda "cure". Also, he's no longer a doctor as he got his licence revoked about 10 years ago, I think.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join