It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Patty duke dies

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 29 2016 @ 12:38 PM
link   
Not much more yet. She was an amazing person, and actress.

RIP Patty

Patty Duke, the film, TV, and stage actress who won an Academy Award at age 16 for her role as Helen Keller in A Miracle Worker, has died. She was 69.

R I P Patty Duke, you will he greatly missed

posted on Mar, 29 2016 @ 12:45 PM
link   
a reply to: ReadLeader

Wow sad. Thank you ReadLeader

posted on Mar, 29 2016 @ 12:49 PM
link   
a reply to: Quantum12

Seems as though all the ones I've enjoyed my entire life are falling pray to expiration

Thanks for posting

posted on Mar, 29 2016 @ 01:02 PM
link   
I'll never forget my Mom dragging me to "Valley of the Dolls", and my first exposure to Duke. She was an iconic '60s girl, and will always be remembered as my first cinematic crush. Geez, I just dated myself as a Patty Duke fanboy(head hung in shame, expecting mirthful chuckles to follow).

RIP Patty.

edit on 7932016532016-03-29T13:02:53-05:0020162pm530102 by Boscowashisnamo because: none given.

posted on Mar, 29 2016 @ 01:17 PM
link   
a reply to: Boscowashisnamo

I'll never forget my Mom dragging me to "Valley of the Dolls", and my first exposure to Duke.

I'll never forget what a fantastic job she did in portraying Helen Keller, in "The Miracle Worker".

RIP Anna Patty Duke!
edit on 29-3-2016 by windword because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 29 2016 @ 01:30 PM
link   

I used to watch "The Patty Duke Show" reruns in the 70's, most everyday after school. Patty was a great dramatic actress, as well as being a talented comedian. Go with the angels, Patty. You entertained many people for many years.

OP, Thanks for posting.

posted on Mar, 29 2016 @ 01:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: windword
a reply to: Boscowashisnamo

I'll never forget my Mom dragging me to "Valley of the Dolls", and my first exposure to Duke.

I'll never forget what a fantastic job she did in portraying Helen Keller, in "The Miracle Worker".

RIP Anna Patty Duke!

That was before my time, but based on previous roles, she surprised a lot of critics with her performance. That was a gem.

posted on Mar, 29 2016 @ 01:58 PM
link   
Yikes! Wikipedia says she died of sepsis from a ruptured intestine! That is just horrible

Wikipedia link

[ETA: Seems that is not too uncommon after some surgeries. Not sure if she had one just what I heard]
edit on 29-3-2016 by TEOTWAWKIAIFF because: more info

posted on Mar, 29 2016 @ 02:08 PM
link   
That's not young, but it's still youngish for this kind of post.

Sorry to see her go.

new topics

top topics

join