It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Have you ever Listened to Quran?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 28 2016 @ 08:27 PM
link   
I'm waiting for the movie, i here they're getting Spielberg and Mathew Mc Conaughey.

Honestly i tried listening to it on youtube. I couldn't get past the fact that it was terrible.

a reply to: ElectricFeel

posted on Mar, 28 2016 @ 11:14 PM
link   

How it sounds is one thing, but the content is reprehensible.

posted on Mar, 29 2016 @ 10:37 AM
link   
wow, an intelligent thread and conversation of religion, more specifically a book on an Arabic religion. and it hasnt resorted to name calling, race baiting or terrorism; just a thread with proper etiquette and smart replies.

maybe i should come to the religion boards more often and skip the rest of the madness on ATS. or maybe show the same civility on the other forums.

good thread.

--------------------

i have read some of the Koran when i took Religion back in college, and my instructor was so passionate about the writing, and the literary outlook of the book it was interesting. he read it like he was reading a book of proses. (he was from Iran but not muslim or any other religion, he had given up on religion funny enough)

that was incidentally, my only exposure to religion.

posted on Mar, 29 2016 @ 11:21 AM
link   
It was beautiful. But it does not change the way I think about Muhammad and his Allah.

Where ever Muhammad ended up after his life was over is a place I do not want anything to do with and I will make sure I follow the golden rule. I am one of those souls who became very negative of Muhammad and Islam after I read the Quran. But I am weighing every word on a logical duality scale and Muhammad do not measure up when you do that.

With the same logical thinking I cannot find the same flaws in Yeshua, Nanak and Rumi. And I have really tried to find the flaws. If there are flaws then my awareness is not advanced enough to see them.

posted on Mar, 29 2016 @ 11:37 AM
link   
a reply to: chr0naut

Thank you.

Give me a tree to lie against with my head, a sleeping dog on my stomach that is totally relaxed and content and Agnus Dei playing softly in the background. Perfect moment.

posted on Mar, 29 2016 @ 11:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: BELIEVERpriest

I don't like the way the syllables are stretched out to form a melody. The Jews use a similar method which I dislike as well. The reason being, is that the Bible (in its original languages) is meter (syllable counts per paragraph are evenly divisible by 7). When the syllables are stretched out in recitation, it becomes difficult to accurately hear and parse the pattern.

Is the Qur'an metered?

Is it the language that sound bad in your ears?

Does this sound bad to you?

And to make it clear I think Judaism is also logically a dualistic mess that does not represent the spiritual reality hiding behind human made religions.

posted on Mar, 29 2016 @ 12:48 PM
link   
I haven't listened to the Quran unless in accidental passing. In documentaries.

posted on Mar, 29 2016 @ 05:51 PM
link   
a reply to: LittleByLittle

I like the sound of Arabic and biblical Hebrew, I just dont like how all the words are run together and how the syllables are stretched to form the melody. If there is metering, it makes it hard to catch the cadence.

posted on Mar, 29 2016 @ 06:03 PM
link   
I listened to it. Sounds pretty nice however reading the words I see a lot of problems. Speficially having servant boys and women in heaven doesn't seem very likely at all. Not would we have he need to eat fruit if we live as spirits.

posted on Mar, 31 2016 @ 08:56 AM
link   

I have much respect for you ElectricFeel, it takes a certain amount of chutzpah to make a pro Islam thread and you are getting stars and flags which is awesome.

Good for you!

top topics

<< 1   >>

join