It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

From 2013- Victim Found In Water Under Strange Circumstances-the beginning for me

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+1 more 
posted on Mar, 27 2016 @ 10:46 AM
link   
I wanted/needed to drop this somewhere for prosterity preservation and to add another 'found in or around water' case.
This case is the one that started the interest/obsession for me on the 'missing 411' cases although at the time, I didn't really know how to categorize it/them.

And after dreaming of him again last night, I imagine brought on by all of the reading/studying I've began again lately on the subject, I needed to just get it down (on paper LOL) so to speak.

I think, more often than not, we are quick to assume foul play. Are there very clever, highly intelligent serial killers running around in these small towns who just 'happen' to cross paths with someone who just 'happens' to be walking along at the same time the predator is seeking prey? Perhaps.

What are we to think about instances where the victim of a suspicious death is a mild mannered tame (if you will) individual with no known enemies who is the epitome of someone who 'wouldn't hurt a fly'?

I introduce the case of John Richard Brown.

His body was discovered about 2 1/2 months after his disappearance.

From the FB page dedicated to John's search:

BODY OF CUMBERLAND C OUNTY MAN FOUND IN POND It appears that the body of a disabled Cumberland County man who has been missing since October, has been discovered. A man riding an ATV on his farm at the end of Norris Rd. discovered the body in a pond on the property Friday. After recovery, identification found on the body was that of 43 year old John Richard Brown, who had been missing since October 22, 2013, after leaving a relative’s home nearby. Chief Investigator Casey Cox told 105.7 News that from the decomposition of the body, it had been in the water for sometime. Mr. Brown had been declared legally blind, and an extensive investigation and search had been conducted since the date of his disappearance. The body has been sent to Nashville for an autopsy to determine the cause of death and for positive identification.

Here are some things that struck a nerve with me:
-What is NOT noted in the press release is that this area is 'heavily' wooded.
-It IS a rural area but it is also a populated little subdivision.
-It IS a short walk, approximately 2700 feet, as the crow flies from where John was staying to where his body was located however if John decided to take the roads through the neighborhood (and NOT cut through the woods) it is approximately 2.7 miles from his home on Robin Ct. to the end of Norris Rd.
-John would have had to cross a busy busy two lane state highway either way he chose to get to the pond Norris Rd.
-John would have, if he took the walk through the woods, come out behind a busy Truss Company (appox. 12-20 employees on any given day) located right on the highway however no employees saw him walking.
-John was 'legally' blind a term used to assist in receiving benefits however he was NOT completely blind. He could see but his vision WAS impaired.
-The area was searched heavily by LEO, rescue squad,search dogs, family members and the community.
-I believe and have heard (sorry can't provide 'proof') the area around Norris Rd. was not searched well due to John going there would have been out of character or unusual for him to have crossed that busy two lane highway.
-John was well known and well liked yet no one saw him walking that day.
-October 22 2013 was a Tuesday and most folks would have been at work.
-This was right after a week long "Fall Break" so all of the kiddos were back at school.
-The temperature that day and the following few days was in the upper 40-50 degree range F.

John's family and the community have accepted the 'official' story. His funeral has come and gone and the family has healed. I would NEVER want to bring it up to them or disturb them with my wild ideas. It is just something that I have been unable to completely let go of. It rears it's head every so often and I am unable to bury it so easily.
It is IMO another odd/strange disappearance and the victim was found in/near/around water.
I can't locate my file with the autopsy report. Where it went nobody knows...however from memory I can tell you that the cause of death was listed as accidental drowning.

When Noah Chamberlin went missing in Pinson TN,recently, it brought the memories of John's disappearance back to me.

WSMV Noah Chamberlin

Noah disappeared while in the woods with his grandmother and sister. Search and Rescue, search dogs, and volunteers were called out immediately and called for Noah throughout the evening and night. The dogs were unable to track a scent. I've learned that it is often the case that children will become frightened and run AWAY from the searchers calling out to them but, as night fell and Noah became cold and hungry, it is difficult for me to think that he would have NOT answered back, were he able. The search area encompassed over 1000 acres. He was eventually found in a depression in the ground and hadn't been touched by wildlife and no signs of trauma. He went missing in a heavily wooded area as well. Cause of death was hypothermia.

Are they being 'led' away?
If so, by what?
I pray for peace for these families and the plight of not ever knowing exactly what happened to their loved ones.

Again, I wanted to place this somewhere for thoughts, ideas, just to add to the already large number (IMO) of strange cases...
Thanks!
edit on 27-3-2016 by TNMockingbird because: to add info that didn't add correctly initially. oops...

posted on Mar, 27 2016 @ 11:07 AM
link   
Its ................ALIENS!

posted on Mar, 27 2016 @ 11:09 AM
link   
a reply to: TNMockingbird

Wow, a really sad death. I like how you put his story down on paper and your writing is really good.

posted on Mar, 27 2016 @ 12:19 PM
link   

Nice writing as always.

Both cases make little sense to me. In Johns case, I drive through the Crossville area on 127 frequently and that area is fairly level. Most of the ponds are shallow and to cold to wade or swim in late October. A half mile is a long way for a sight impaired man to walk through the woods.

In Noha's case I don't see how a two year old could cover the area either, and a week is along time for the body to be undisturbed by animal. Plenty of scavenger animals in the area.

This missing 411 story's has my undivided attention and I will be diging deeper. I'm also familiar with the Dennis Martin case in GSMNP back in 69. One of the search leaders (J R Buchanan) was a friend of mine and we discussed the case in depth years ago. JR was the best tracker I have ever met and he was haunted by that one.

I spend a lot of time in the deep back woods and I don't understand a lot of these cases. I think there's more to it than just lost.

edit on 27-3-2016 by Nickn3 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 27 2016 @ 12:27 PM
link   
a reply to: Nickn3

I agree with you 100% TNMockingbird is a really good writer!

posted on Mar, 27 2016 @ 12:41 PM
link   
Yeah he is....David Paulides would be proud.....
These cases atre getting too numerous to ignore and repeat cases crop up from time to time in the SAME LOCALS....

posted on Mar, 27 2016 @ 01:30 PM
link   
Excellent OP

I focused on this though, sorry...

originally posted by: TNMockingbird
Are there very clever, highly intelligent serial killers running around in these small towns who just 'happen' to cross paths with someone who just 'happens' to be walking along at the same time the predator is seeking prey? Perhaps.

I think if I was of a mindset to murder random folk I would certainly choose 'small town' Britain instead of major cities.
Little CCTV, rural minor roads easy to disappear, less potential witnesses etc.
It would be easier to kill someone and escape where I live compared to a major city, although 'strangers' are noticed more so whether that cancels it all out I'm not sure.
A year or so ago two guys got caught planning to abduct a pop 'star' in my region (Joss Stone, if you've heard of her), but they stuck out like sore thumbs, being black and with strong Liverpool accents, in a 98% white area many miles from Liverpool.

I don't really know what to think about the poor chap in the OP, but interesting thread so thanks, and my thoughts are with his family.

posted on Mar, 27 2016 @ 03:00 PM
link   
a reply to: bandersnatch

LOL!
Could be, for sure.
THAT'S as likely as theory as any, IMHO, just as John taking off through the woods to go down a road across a busy highway to...?
It was reported that John was to go back to his Father's house that day. In town. About 10+ miles away. It was certainly classified as 'odd behavior' for John to have taken off like this. No fishing poles, bow season but no bow...odd.

posted on Mar, 27 2016 @ 03:01 PM
link   
a reply to: Quantum12

Thank you for the compliment although I am undeserving.

Thanks for reading!

posted on Mar, 27 2016 @ 03:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: Nickn3
Both cases make little sense to me. In Johns case, I drive through the Crossville area on 127 frequently and that area is fairly level. Most of the ponds are shallow and to cold to wade or swim in late October. A half mile is a long way for a sight impaired man to walk through the woods.
I spend a lot of time in the deep back woods and I don't understand a lot of these cases. I think there's more to it than just lost.

Thank you for your words!
I remember you saying that you traveled the area in the past.
Thanks for checking in!

It made little sense to me as well when it was all unfolding.
You can attest to the fact that 127 CAN be a very busy road as well as the twists and turns...

posted on Mar, 27 2016 @ 03:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: grainofsand
Excellent OP

I focused on this though, sorry...

Are there very clever, highly intelligent serial killers running around in these small towns who just 'happen' to cross paths with someone who just 'happens' to be walking along at the same time the predator is seeking prey? Perhaps.

I think if I was of a mindset to murder random folk I would certainly choose 'small town' Britain instead of major cities.
Little CCTV, rural minor roads easy to disappear, less potential witnesses etc.
It would be easier to kill someone and escape where I live compared to a major city, although 'strangers' are noticed more so whether that cancels it all out I'm not sure.

I don't really know what to think about the poor chap in the OP, but interesting thread so thanks, and my thoughts are with his family.

Thank you AND there is NEVER a need to apologize for any thoughts/ideas/suggestions.
Serial killer certainly crossed my mind. The area is approx. 10 miles from Interstate 40. Rural. There are plenty of exits in Crossville if someone was coming off of the Interstate to look for a victim. To choose THAT one and head North, to me, is odd. But, with that said, The Kentucky backwoods is NOT too far and a great means of escape AND cover if needed.
It is all speculation and conjecture on my part, of course.
It is the first case that really 'got me' on the 411 path and likely due to being too close to the fire so to speak.

Just want to add that John's body showed no signs of trauma. It is as if he laid down in the pond to take a nap. Face down.

Thanks for reading and commenting!

posted on Mar, 27 2016 @ 03:25 PM
link   

Just want to add that John's body showed no signs of trauma. It is as if he laid down in the pond to take a nap. Face down

That is strange, I imagine drowning someone against their will would involve some struggle which would be violent if they were blind or not.
I also imagine there are many potential killers out there though, proper psycho types, maybe less than 0.01% of the population, but proper killers nonetheless.
I've met many 'psycho' blokes who enjoy violence, but to my knowledge I've never met a confirmed killer...I hope I don't.
...ever

posted on Mar, 27 2016 @ 03:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: Quantum12

I agree with you 100% TNMockingbird is a really good writer!

She is, isn't she!? I don't think she knows how good she is though.
Someone should tell her.

Hey little Mockingbird!!

Terribly sad stories, but really well written and interesting. To be honest, these type of stories freak me right out, and I likely wouldn't have even read the thread if it hadn't been yours.
The thought that someone you love can *poof* just disappear, and then to never know what happened to them...that is my definition of Hell on Earth.

S&F
jacy

posted on Mar, 27 2016 @ 03:54 PM
link   
a reply to: grainofsand

Just to correct you, one of the would be kidnappers last name was Liverpool, but they were both from Longsight, Manchester. Which brings me to something the OP might find interesting, the Manchester Pusher, 60 0dd people all died in the waterways around the city since 2008 and some say it is a serial killer.

www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk...

www.mancunianmatters.co.uk...

edit on 27-3-2016 by fenian8 because: to add the 2008 bit

posted on Mar, 27 2016 @ 03:59 PM
link   
a reply to: fenian8

Thanks for the correction, but same, two Manc's asking around in mid Devon is the same as two scousers.
Interesting link about the waterway deaths...that sounds freaky as, and my money is on one of them proper killers I referred to in my previous post!
There are some really dangerous people out there, just thankfully not many!

posted on Mar, 27 2016 @ 04:07 PM
link   
a reply to: fenian8

How odd!
Thank you for the links!

From a link within the link (which I am not through with BTW):

"Absolutely no evidence whatsoever of foul play has been established. It should also be stressed that coroners do have the power to refer any deaths back to police if they suspect foul play.

He was quoted as saying: “It is extremely unlikely that such an alarming number of bodies found in the canals is the result of accidents or suicides.

From Detective Chief Superintendent Jackson

posted on Mar, 27 2016 @ 04:39 PM
link   

It is a strange one, I certainly doubt very much that a serial killer is responsible for all the deaths, but 61 fatalities in 7 years in the waterways, a lot centered around certain stretches really is quite odd.

posted on Mar, 27 2016 @ 04:43 PM
link   

I have one to add to your collection. This happened only two towns over from where I live and I was actually on this site for work several times:

TOTOWA, N.J. — A woman of impeccable habit, Geetha Angara left her lunch on her desk Feb. 8, planning to eat after her daily ritual of collecting water samples at the Passaic Valley water plant here.

But the 43-year-old chemist never made it back for her midday meal.

Authorities found her body -- along with her clipboard and hand-held radio -- at the bottom of a tank filled with more than a million gallons of water. They say Angara was pushed into the bitter-cold tank by one of 85 colleagues. They say they have narrowed the list of probable perpetrators to eight co-workers, all male. Source

posted on Mar, 27 2016 @ 04:49 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

How horrible!

What a terrible way to die, I only hope that she WAS unconscious before she hit the water.

It doesn't say in the article and I was unable to track down a lead, yet, but were NONE of the 8 suspects ever charged?

Someone very very clever.

posted on Mar, 27 2016 @ 04:57 PM
link   

It doesn't say in the article and I was unable to track down a lead, yet, but were NONE of the 8 suspects ever charged?

It was eventually ruled an accident. All of them took polygraphs several times but no one was ever charged. The family feels that she was murdered due to the autopsy results.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join