It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

This is really getting ridiculous: Special Snowflake Syndrome

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 23 2016 @ 07:54 PM
link   
a reply to: Wardaddy454

Some of these people will be the future leaders of this country...Maybe.

Yeah, after they've grown up and matured a little more.

Right now they're just young college students doing what young college students do... protesting for the sake of protesting.

But apparently, they're the reason why the country has gone to hell in a handbasket.

+44 more 
posted on Mar, 23 2016 @ 07:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: aorAki

originally posted by: burdman30ott6

and yeah, I posted that with every hope that someone, somewhere read it and ended up under their desk, quivering in fear and pain.

Wow big guy, you're real nice.

No, I'm far from nice. But I am raising my kids right and don't suffer fools easily, which is more than I can say for the parents of these wretched thin skinned zeroes.

+28 more 
posted on Mar, 23 2016 @ 08:00 PM
link   
When I see this, I think who is fooling who here?

These students know exactly what they are doing and I don't buy the snowflakes description at all. They know they can remove the other sides freedom of speech simply by yelling loud enough.

The scary part is they don't understand the implications of silencing speech and that at some point they will be the ones who are silenced and perhaps even silenced by the same people who led them by the nose into the trap.

posted on Mar, 23 2016 @ 08:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

This is the most obvious "psy ops" I have ever seen. People are so goddamn gullible it's sad. They're using our differences against us and they have their trump card in Trump to seal the deal.

Thank you for pointing this out!

It truly is painful watching it be as effective as it is.

I have said it before and I will say it again, Trump is the way Hilldog is guaranteed the presidency.

Along with the added touch of pushing everyone in to such opposition that inevitably the vile monster will unleash the orwellian laws both democrats and republicans have somehow found a way to agree on and spent the last two decades creating.

edit on America/ChicagoWednesdayAmerica/Chicago03America/Chicago331pmWednesday8 by elementalgrove because: (no reason given)

+7 more 
posted on Mar, 23 2016 @ 08:05 PM
link   
a reply to: Blaine91555

The scary part is they don't understand the implications of silencing speech and that at some point they will be the ones who are silenced and perhaps even silenced by the same people who led them by the nose into the trap.

There is a lot to say about these particular types of millennials, but what you said is of the upmost importance.

At the risk of straying off topic, I find it similar to when some people (typically on the left) cheered at President Obama's "I've got a pen and a phone" remarks. That is great when it's "your" guy in the Oval Office, but people don't stop and think about the precedents set and what can happen when "the other guy" is sitting behind the big desk.

Disclaimer: Yes, I know. Other presidents have used executive action/executive orders.

+13 more 
posted on Mar, 23 2016 @ 08:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: Blaine91555
When I see this, I think who is fooling who here?

These students know exactly what they are doing and I don't buy the snowflakes description at all. They know they can remove the other sides freedom of speech simply by yelling loud enough.

It is a liberal doctrine that has been ingrained into the core of the University/College system. Free speech is encouraged, provided that it is the approved agenda of the school.

Students are being criminalized for handing out copies of The Declaration of Independence and The U.S. Constitution in unapproved areas, and schools have equated both documents with "hate speech". Of course, having black students discuss whether whites should be killed in a genocide, or if they should commit suicide is a viable topic of discussion.

Yet, many of these faculty and administrators are the same liberal campus protesters of the 1960s.

The counter culture is now the norm. Here comes the new boss, same as the last boss...

Once, they cried for free speech. Now, the same people decry it in the name of "political correctness".

Makes me vomit... then, want a stiff drink.
edit on 23-3-2016 by madmac5150 because: Irritated

posted on Mar, 23 2016 @ 08:16 PM
link   
Does this even surprise anyone anymore? Everyone is a victim with a social media soapbox. How we must look to the rest of the world.

+1 more 
posted on Mar, 23 2016 @ 08:16 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

My two cents.....

First, just a reminder that not ALL millennials are of the Snowflake variety. (I am not indicating that you implied that, I just wanted to give some credit to all those in that age bracket that are in college to, you know, LEARN and avoid this sort of riff-raff).

When it comes to the Snowflakes, I find them both pathetic while feeling sorry for them at the same time. When someone is 18-21 years old, they didn't just become however they are in a vacuum. They were brought up that way. The parents really have the lion's share of blame.

When it comes to the parents, I also find them to be pathetic while feeling somewhat sorry for them as well. For a college student to end up as such a wuss (not the word I wanted to use), they clearly were sheltered WAY too much by their parents. That being said, it's not easy being a parent when this victim mentality is running rampant not only in the media, pushed by elected officials and non-elected officials like the Al Sharptons of the world but also by the public school system and also by many of the colleges themselves. I'm not absolving parents of their hand in screwing up their kids, but I can see it's not an easy thing to avoid (particularly since parents have to work harder and longer hours than ever just to make ends meet).

Our son is only 4 years old so the major battle against insanity hasn't started in earnest just yet. He goes to a private Pre-K school and even if I have to deliver pizzas on the weekend or clean up parakeet poop in a pet store on the weekends to make extra money, we will NEVER let our kid step foot in a public school. That's just the starting point and I know my wife and I are in for one heck of a battle to make sure our son grows up to be compassionate, kind, forgiving while NOT becoming an absolute p---y.

Edit to add: While it is true some of these Snowflakes will mature and toughen up, many will not and I wonder what their future will be like for them. I struggle to wrap my mind around them going through the growing pains of constructive criticism that people go through as they start their careers and as they climb the ladders. I've been lucky in the majority of my bosses/supervisors have been decent human beings, but I've also had some tough ones and without a thick skin, I would have cried and ran away from some jobs and would never have gotten to where I am now.

edit on 23-3-2016 by eluryh22 because: (no reason given)

edit on 23-3-2016 by eluryh22 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 23 2016 @ 08:27 PM
link   
a reply to: eluryh22

It's funny reading about college age kids throwing temper tantrums.

posted on Mar, 23 2016 @ 08:33 PM
link   
a reply to: madmac5150

Mostly in the case of these young people, I think it has a lot to do with it being a popular thing to do.

I know it was the case with me in college in the early 1970's. I sat in doorways because it was the cool thing to do. Then the soon to be Weather Underground types showed up and when they started talking violence, I thankfully had the sense to walk away, as did many others. When the protests for peace changed to a call for violence, I think most of us walked away.

It's most certainly a matter of peoples youth being used against them, by those with entirely different intentions.

Times change, but not much.

posted on Mar, 23 2016 @ 08:47 PM
link   
a reply to: reddragon2015

There's more than a little truth to that.

Playing rough and tumble basketball, "touch" football, even tag...you need a tough skin.

Losers walk was the rule...with some ridicule, and trash comin' your way in the process. To be forgotten when the day ended. ...and it was. Only very occasionally did it go further than that, and usually the bloody nose ended it.

So, you may have a real point.

What's that old saying? "everything I've needed to know, I learned on the playground?"

+1 more 
posted on Mar, 23 2016 @ 09:10 PM
link   
a reply to: seagull

Part of the problem is that now, even when they do let the kids play outside, they do things like "play but not keep score" because the losers may feel bad about it. How does that help a child grow? How does that prepare a child for the World?

I often think that is one of the major problems. Perhaps I was always wrong but I always thought that a big part of "education" was to go beyond reading, writing and arithmetic.... but to prepare students to survive in the world.

It doesn't matter what profession people grow into because no matter where you go there will be times that you are victorious and times that you have to pick yourself up and brush the dust off and try again. Sheltering kids from the occasional and inevitable failure does them NO service whatsoever. Quite the contrary, by doing so we rob kids of learning some of the most important lessons there are.

posted on Mar, 23 2016 @ 09:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6

But I am raising my kids right

Probably far right, more like it...

edit on 23-3-2016 by aorAki because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 23 2016 @ 09:17 PM
link   
I live next to Emory, and my partner is a twice-over Emory alum.

He has been ranting about this all day long. He is embarrassed that this is the kind of national publicity that Emory University has been reduced to these days.

Some of you may find the following interesting, from the (lampoon) University Newspaper (The Spoke): (As Burdman showed, the regular paper is The Emory Wheel.

University Administrators Frantically Search Security Footage For Bad Opinions

Here's a taste (remember this is lampoon/parody):

In response to a group of concerned students upset with chalk that expressed support for the popular Republican candidate Donald Trump, the university vowed to track down the perpetrators, and everyone else who might have previously shared a maladjusted, terse or controversial political statement.

Early reports show that many Emory students have been caught on camera expressing wildly erroneous and violent opinions that may be as dangerous as “Hot dogs are sandwiches” and “The Wire is not the greatest show ever made.” Conduct hearings are expected to rapidly proceed, thanks to an SGA fund that provides support to marginalized students in times of need, which will all go to creating SafeSpeechBot5000, a friendly and sustainable robot who will patrol campus and scan the pupils of students for potential threatening opinions.

Emory has also ordered its best and brightest student affairs bureaucrats to closely examine camera footage of students expressing thoughts that are not aligned with a select group of protestors. “I always wanted to make a difference” assistant dean of Campus Life Harlan Kaufmann said. “And now, by shutting down political discourse, I finally have.”

Not all, and really, not even a significant majority of Emory kids are snivelling little priviledged brats.

Just wanted to let you all know that this group of kids is a very very very small group at Emory.
edit on 23-3-2016 by Gryphon66 because: NOted

posted on Mar, 23 2016 @ 09:18 PM
link   
its great when the pictures of these turds ALWAYS confirm what most normal people on the right know to be true..these Bernie Bros are the outcasts of our society..they mean nothing

cant wait till the Trump Train runs them over

posted on Mar, 23 2016 @ 09:23 PM
link   
a reply to: eluryh22

Oh, so true.

Participation awards. Phooey.

When I played Select Level soccer in High school, they wanted to award us for finishing with three wins in twelve games...

We said Hell no. Play hard. Play fair. Let the chips fall where they may. Shake hands. Go work harder. You don't award for mediocrity.

We worked harder, won nine games the next year, and three of us, myself among them, were invited to try out for the Under 19 nat'l. squad. Didn't make it, but it was the disappointment of the previous season that drove me, not an award for showin' up.

Our games, as much as anything, are what prepare us for the big bad world...where things don't always go according to our wishes.

posted on Mar, 23 2016 @ 09:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: 3NL1GHT3N3D1
Trump is by far the most polarizing presidential candidate I have ever witnessed in my 27 years of existence.

Does no one else find it odd that over the past couple of years with the whole ISIS, BLM, PC/non-PC movements spurred on by the media, that a candidate like Trump would come front and center at the perfect time to highlight these differences the media has been blasting and promoting over the airwaves?

This is the most obvious "psy ops" I have ever seen. People are so goddamn gullible it's sad. They're using our differences against us and they have their trump card in Trump to seal the deal.

^spot on

posted on Mar, 23 2016 @ 09:49 PM
link   
Want to know the truth why ? Straight from the horses' mouths . They blame the Republican Party and especially Trump for Sanders not doing well. After all, Sanders promised them free tuition .Everyone speaks of Trump promising "stuff" he cant deliver.

+8 more 
posted on Mar, 23 2016 @ 09:51 PM
link   
a reply to: aorAki

This isn't political, but some answers may be found in the rural vs suburban vs urban America dichotomies. I attended a podunk agriculture and engineering university that was a 5 minute drive from campus to the sticks. There were absolutely Democrats and Republicans at my college, yet things like protests and campus pandering was extremely rare. We had a couple of them which were centered on violent incidents which had nothing to do with politics whatsoever. (a student teacher raped a girl on campus, there was a problem with drunk driving among students, and there was a protest my Junior year over the university's handling of student rowdiness during home basketball games.) We enjoyed a lot of things which today would likely result in stories of "safe spaces," "mental anguish," and various other complete overreactions to throw away issues. For example:
1. There's a plaque on campus commemorating confederates who had the furthest west fort in the country during the Civil War.
2. A bronze statue of a horse on campus used to have an incredibly brilliant scrotum because part of Freshman initiation for some of the frat houses involved polishing the brass nuts to a high shine.
3. Our school fight song was once ranked "most offensive in the nation" by ESPN because it leaned heavily on "drinking until we wobble in our boots" following a win or a loss.
4. We had a tradition of being very rowdy during home basketball games, including chanting "Nice shot, Asshole!" anytime a visiting player missed a free throw and heckling Don Haskins from UTEP until he lost his cool, and broke 40 years of world class gentleman coach behavior by giving us all the finger... on national TV.
5. We had a dog that recovered the kicking tee at home football games, Sparky the Wonder Dog, who often wore a little confederate flag cape and was beloved by the whole school.
6. Our mascot carried a pair of pistols and shot them into the air when we scored a TD.

etc. All things we felt pride over and made the experience slightly more memorable and personal... all also now effectively gone thanks to nanny policies and the current trend of protecting the sensibilities of the lowest common denominator at all times.

posted on Mar, 23 2016 @ 09:52 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

I can't wait for my teenaged son to start college.

He is going to alpha-male these beta sissies.

They are training followers.

Not leaders.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join