It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How a No-Tipping Policy Helped This Restaurant Triple Profits in 2 Months

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 23 2016 @ 05:15 PM
link   
This dirtbag needs to be put in jail immediately.

You mean this pure scum isn't making millions while his employees suffer in starvation and poverty so he can look cool with nice stuff?

Death sentence. This kind of thinking ruins my plans for a permanent slave class and global domination.

"Pinky and the brain, la la la la, pinky and the brain"

www.entrepreneur.com...

Earlier this year, the restaurant garnered national headlines when it announced it would completely eradicate tipping as of April 1. Instead, every employee now receives a base salary of at least $35,000 (plus bonuses based on profits,) health care from date of hire, 500 shares in the business and paid vacation.

But I thought paying people descent wages would crush the economy?

Doesn't paying people less than slave or poverty wage make the economy bad by enabling people to have disposable income and a halfway descent lifestyle?

Great now that community is going to turn into Afghanistan.

posted on Mar, 23 2016 @ 05:24 PM
link   
I guess if they've got customers willing to open their wallets for these kind'a prices:

Bar Marco serves inventive fare, including a $17 dandelion risotto dish, a $14 espresso burger and $16 chimichurri meatballs.

You've gotta wonder what they're charging for a glass of wine to wash it down with.

posted on Mar, 23 2016 @ 05:28 PM
link   
a reply to: Snarl

I have no problem spending a little extra for a company that produces a quality product and takes care of its people win a fun family atmosphere.

Sorry if your offended by that.

posted on Mar, 23 2016 @ 06:13 PM
link   

Those prices are pretty normal where I live. Sounds about right! Glad the employees are getting a fair shake!!

posted on Mar, 23 2016 @ 06:18 PM
link   
a reply to: onequestion

His company is one of the few I would happily work for.

It's about time companies started treating the ones who do the most to bring in the profits more fairly.

posted on Mar, 23 2016 @ 06:23 PM
link   
I'd patronize this restaurant just to support the spirit of his management.

posted on Mar, 23 2016 @ 06:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: Snarl
I guess if they've got customers willing to open their wallets for these kind'a prices:

Bar Marco serves inventive fare, including a $17 dandelion risotto dish, a $14 espresso burger and $16 chimichurri meatballs.

You've gotta wonder what they're charging for a glass of wine to wash it down with.

Those prices are cheap considering what some restaurants charge for their meals. Crappy chain restaurants charge $15-$20 for a simple pasta dish or a loaded cheeseburger with all the dressings.

I once paid $20 for a cheeseburger at a Walt Disney resort restaurant, but it was the best burger I have ever had and will do it again in the near future.

posted on Mar, 23 2016 @ 06:32 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 23 2016 @ 06:38 PM
link   

Sorry guys.

Denying Ignorance Is All

What's that have to do with anything?

Yes I read the reviews the servers suck so what the main idea here is the point.
edit on 3/23/2016 by onequestion because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 23 2016 @ 06:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: onequestion

Sorry guys.

Denying Ignorance Is All

Did'ja even bother reading the reviews. It's a trendy place. It's overpriced. The service ain't that great.

That's what happens when you change a business model that has worked for Centuries.

posted on Mar, 23 2016 @ 06:44 PM
link   

Those are some sorry reviews.

posted on Mar, 23 2016 @ 06:52 PM
link   

Sorry guys.

Denying Ignorance Is All

182 reviews with an average rating of 4/5

Deny what now?

posted on Mar, 23 2016 @ 06:52 PM
link   

Sorry guys.

Denying Ignorance Is All

Yes I read the reviews the servers suck so what the main idea here is the point.

Maybe the servers suck because they have no incentive to go the extra mile? They get paid the same no matter what, so why give the extra effort? Just saying.

posted on Mar, 23 2016 @ 06:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: Arizonaguy

Sorry guys.

Denying Ignorance Is All

Maybe the servers suck because they have no incentive to go the extra mile? They get paid the same no matter what, so why give the extra effort? Just saying.

Could that theory be applied to every person that is paid a salary instead of an hourly/gratuity basis?
edit on 23-3-2016 by introvert because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 23 2016 @ 06:53 PM
link   

Did'ja even bother reading the reviews. It's a trendy place. It's overpriced. The service ain't that great.

That's what happens when you change a business model that has worked for Centuries.

That is what every restaurant's reviews look like...when you 'Sort by Lowest Rated'...as your link was set.

posted on Mar, 23 2016 @ 06:54 PM
link   

Plus just think of all the taxes uncle scammy can collect with these known amounts of income. I have know waiters and waitresses who made between 300 and 500 a night in tips a couple of times a week... One girl worked in a strip club that also served food. She was always pissed if she did not clear at least 200 a night for just serving beer, mixed drinks, and food..

Star Bucks and their over priced stuff comes to mind but they seem to keep on opening stores. Around here (S.E. Asia) being seen in Star Bucks has almost become a status symbol.

Anyway in today's market place, whatever works for a company and their employees to survive is OK in my book.."Legally"...

With a pay check based on $2.38 an hour and some formula the feds use for the tips some of the waiters and waitresses make out quite well come tax return time, no ?

posted on Mar, 23 2016 @ 06:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: peck420

That is what every restaurant's reviews look like...when you 'Sort by Lowest Rated'...as your link was set.

Just noticed that. Good catch.

posted on Mar, 23 2016 @ 06:58 PM
link   

Sorry guys.

Denying Ignorance Is All

Snarl, you only sorted the "bad reviews" onto the mix here... It has a 4-star rating. They have 73 5-star, 58 4-star, 16 3-star, 25 2-star and 10 1 star reviews.

So, 35 "bad reviews" total vs. 16 "average" and 131 "good/great reviews"

That's 19% bad reviews. 72% good/great reviews.

Link

posted on Mar, 23 2016 @ 07:00 PM
link   

If that's the owner's business plan, more power to him/her.

posted on Mar, 23 2016 @ 07:01 PM
link   

you do realize that his employees make $2,917 a month that comes out to around $18 per hour.

So why do you want this scumbag in Jail again or was that just sarcasm?

But remember McD's can't afford that wage an remain competitive. The clientèle of the restaurant mentioned above are the rich anyway.

Sorry, if you force the fast food chain industry where normal lower class people eat to pay high wages it would not work and they would all close and a whole lot more people would be out of work.

edit on 23-3-2016 by ChesterJohn because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join