It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama uses Terror Attacks to Lecture U.S. on how Great Cuba is

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 22 2016 @ 10:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: OtherSideOfTheCoin
a reply to: faust833

Obama should not have been in Cuba to give this speech, that is an Insult.

Yes because let me guess he should have predicted that the attack was going to happen?

He was already in Cuba or does your ideal perfect president have the psychic ability to predict world events before they happen

Honestly the political agenda of "I hate obama and everything he does" in this thread could not be more transparent.
This guy is looking for Stars. All you are doing is mixing common sense with something that is not True. Obama was in Cuba yea, but he knew about this Attack hours before the speech.

posted on Mar, 22 2016 @ 10:21 AM
link   

This guy is looking for Stars.

Na I have already got loads of them, want to know how i got them???

NOT WRITING TWO LINE POINTLESS OPs!!!

. Obama was in Cuba yea, but he knew about this Attack hours before the speech

So what?

Why does that matter he was in Cuba before the attack, he gave the usual BS statesmen speech about the attacks what else do you want him to do, invade Belgium and hunt down the terrorists?

posted on Mar, 22 2016 @ 10:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: DAVID64
a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin

turn a disaster half way around the world into a American issue.

Well, according to quite a few people on here, everything is our fault.

Nah just obama. 200 years from now it will still be obamas fault

posted on Mar, 22 2016 @ 10:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: 0zzymand0s

I already told you: He didn't speak to "how great Cuba is." He spoke to the inherent greatness of the Cuban people, and his hope that they will one day (soon) hold democratic elections and become a force for good in the region and the world.

But you would have President jet around, responding to every crisis like some great political firefighter. We have first responders for that. What the president needs to do right now is speak to the power of all people to BE a force for good.

Everything else is political masturbation.

Yeah, here's Cuba's future.

The castro's will die and the military will take over as interim govt until the elections can be set up, which might happen in 25 yrs if the cuban people are lucky.

Nothing will change.

link   
"I believe citizens should be free to speak their mind without fear, to organize and to criticize their government and to protest peacefully," Obama says. "And that the rule of law should not include arbitrary detention for people who exercise those rights."

--Obama, talking about how "great" Cuba is.

Oh -- let me hurry up and start a thread with almost no content, which flies in the face of the facts for anyone who actually bothered to listen to the underlying story, just to promote a political agenda.

Give me a break already.

link   

You, sir, have put me in the awkward position of defending Obama.

I listened to his entire speech and what he appeared to do to me is inspire the Cuban people to turn towards Democracy in order to better their lives. I actually thought he did a decent job on the speech.

posted on Mar, 22 2016 @ 10:27 AM
link   
a reply to: burgerbuddy

Good for you, Debbie Downer.

I believe in the power of people to determine their own worth, and their own future. I don't have any idea how that is going to go, but I hope it goes well for all of us. Even the Cubans.

What do you believe in again?

posted on Mar, 22 2016 @ 10:28 AM
link   
I strongly Disagree. The President SHOULD "Jet around" when something serious like a Terrorist Attack that kills hundreds of people. The President SHOULD be a Political Firefighter, and that's the problem. He's Not! a reply to: 0zzymand0s

posted on Mar, 22 2016 @ 10:32 AM
link   

The President SHOULD "Jet around" when something serious like a Terrorist Attack that kills hundreds of people.

WHY!!!

What is the point!!!

I am not trying to defend Obama but why should any statesmen have to fly home when a terrorist attack happens halfway round the world. If he had to do this every-time there was a attack he would get nothing done, there have been attacks in Turkey last week should he have got on a Air Force One after that!!!

Dude this is just you hating on Obama for the sake of it, normally i would not mind a bit of Obama bashing but there is so little substance to this you are actually making Obama look good.

posted on Mar, 22 2016 @ 10:33 AM
link   

Do you have any idea how disruptive that would be on a security / first responder level? Being presidential isn't about looking tough or being in the middle of every crisis, waving a dong around. It's about actually working to solve problems and govern effectively.

Whether we agree on who should be president or not, your vision of a presidential response to the crisis would be nothing more than political grandstanding, would solve nothing, and would disrupt lives even more than they already are, just to score a few points with one faction or another.

I'll pass.

posted on Mar, 22 2016 @ 10:34 AM
link   
I'm glad that Obama is trying to help U.S.-Cuban Relations.Nothing wrong with that. But I suppose we are in a disagreement. Where we disagree is the timing of the Speech. Obama used a Terrorist Attack to lecture us on Cuba and that is Wrong. a reply to: 0zzymand0s

posted on Mar, 22 2016 @ 10:35 AM
link   
I don't think a day doesn't go by without a thread attacking Obama. The guy gets attacked for everything under the sun. Give it a break already, the guy will be out of office in 10 months. We can than look forward to threads attacking Hillary or Trump.

posted on Mar, 22 2016 @ 10:36 AM
link   
a reply to: WeRpeons

I actually hope Trump wins just so in 2 years time i can go back with the "ahhh but you said turmp was a good guy remember..."

posted on Mar, 22 2016 @ 10:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: faust833
This is Insulting. This is why Obama is horrible, weak and Pathetic and it Pisses me off. If you agree, let out your feelings here.

I didn't know we could start a thread without referencing the source. Maybe ATS has relaxed that rule. At any rate, we need to give President Obama the opportunity to run again. The foreign terrorists seem to like him and haven't performed any major bombings in this country under his watch. Most American deaths since 2008 have been at the hands of homegrown terrorists and thugs with guns..not bombs.

link   

originally posted by: 0zzymand0s
a reply to: burgerbuddy

Good for you, Debbie Downer.

I believe in the power of people to determine their own worth, and their own future. I don't have any idea how that is going to go, but I hope it goes well for all of us. Even the Cubans.

What do you believe in again?

Well, I can't see any other way. The castro's don't seem to have kids that will take over.

The military will, be it a single general or a junta.

They won't turn it over to a civi.

Think myramar.

link   
Obama has been a Divider and the way he handled this situation is a form of Obama "Grandstanding" and No, it solved nothing. Had he delivered the speech in an appropriate fashion, it would have made the U.S. look like they were trying to solve the problem.

Obama is supposed to represent the United States and Me, in a fashion that is moral, just and strong. I am Dissapointed again.

I'll Pass.na reply to: 0zzymand0s

posted on Mar, 22 2016 @ 10:41 AM
link   

I can't believe you are really that dense. You do realize that if he was lecturing ANYONE with that speech, it was Raul Castro, right? He literally said, "I want to see FREE and DEMOCRATIC elections for the people of Cuba."

He wasn't even talking to Americans. You just imagine that you were the intended audience to that speech because they showed it on CNN.

posted on Mar, 22 2016 @ 10:41 AM
link   
I suppose you should check your facts again, because there was a Terrorist Attack in the United States a few months ago. a reply to: carewemust

posted on Mar, 22 2016 @ 10:43 AM
link   
Well CNN had it wrong then, because the headline was "Obama to make speech on Brussels Terrorist Attacks"a reply to: 0zzymand0s

posted on Mar, 22 2016 @ 10:45 AM
link   

CNN gets it wrong all the time. This speech was planned three months ago. The addendum at the beginning was a standard issue presidential response to a breaking world news story / crisis. The actual speech was about Cuban's being awesome, small business in Cuba, putting the cold war behind both nations and the hope of Cuban democracy.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join