It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fukushima farmers grow plants with polyester 'soil'

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 21 2016 @ 11:17 PM
link   

"By using polyester fabrics as a cultivation medium instead of ground soil, this new method will help protect Fukushima farmers from harmful rumours that may stem from consumers' concerns over soil contamination," says Prof Takahiro Hayashi from Kinki University, which is helping to run the project.

Local farmers are hoping to expand production and plan to set up an agricultural corporation later this year. One of them, 76-year-old Yukichi Takahashi, wants the flowers to be seen by a global audience. "My dream is that our flowers will be used in bouquets to be presented to athletes on the podium during the 2020 Tokyo Olympics," he says.
Fukushima farmers grow plants with polyester 'soil'

From the emboldened quote above...

this new method will help protect Fukushima farmers from harmful rumours that may stem from consumers' concerns over soil contamination

Does he mean "rumors" like the following experts' opinions?

"...I think that the release of Cs-137 into the atmosphere could be around 500 times the Hiroshima bombing."
Nuclear Engineer on Fuku: "How much Cs-137 was released into the air, sea? We just don't know."

"The plutonium was found in a farmer's field about 10 miles from the power plant. If it's in that farmer's field, it's everywhere. So wherever there’s radiation, Cesium, there’s going to be plutonium. And that’s truly frightening."
Nuclear Expert in Japan: Plutonium “is everywhere… it is everywhere”

One thing I've learned from the Fukushima disaster is that the matrix system (for lack of a better term) does not care about people individually. The expert testimony above (not to mention the science behind it) is magically turned into "harmful rumours"...

Why? To keep business as strong as possible for as long as possible.

"Keep the money flowing, more cancer just means more business for doctors too." That seems to be the motto.
edit on 21-3-2016 by Profusion because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 21 2016 @ 11:47 PM
link   
Uhhh... okay flowers are nice and serve there purpose, but synthetic soil will have to have nutrients added for any food growth. I'll have to read the link.
Interesting find! This world is so crazy.

posted on Mar, 22 2016 @ 12:17 AM
link   
a reply to: Profusion

so,they can grow plants that do not require soil...in a radiation zone? I would assume that just being in a radiation zone,as in soil,air,whatever,would not be what I would consider,organic! Imagine building a greenhouse on the moon,hey,24 hours of sunlight,oh,the cosmic radiation is no problem....Plants are growing just fine in Chernobyl,but will you eat them? What about the timber there? Would you build a house from radioactive wood,or burn it in a fireplace?

posted on Mar, 22 2016 @ 05:06 AM
link   
It would be a better idea to remove the top soil and back fill with rotted seaweed and manure like the Irish done many many moons ago to build their potato fields. I actually copied their technique on my veg patch in the garden, my daughters strawberry patch grows huge strawbs, proper tasty too

I also used to do some, well lets just say, home grown indoor gardening
and used coco fibre instead of soil, amazing stuff to grow in, gives good root development and has high oxygen holding capabilities but needs complete nutrients added as it only contains trace potassium (or maybe phosphorus, cant remember, its been years lol) and a few trace elements so I'm guessing its just like the poly synth stuff and also needs nutrients added which is going to be useless outside, rain would rinse away the nutrients lowering the cation exchange capacity which would stop the plants taking anything through their roots. It needs nutrients added every watering so isn't cost affective for outdoor growing, its all about the seaweed and moo poo outside, nothing synthetic would compare
I would put a link up explaining cation exchange but all the links I can find on google are to cannabis sites lol, il let u google that yourself

I thought they were going to plant hemp to clean up the radiation....
www.mintpressnews.com...
edit on 22-3-2016 by TigStar82 because: cos im stupid lol

(post by cachgiamcan removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

new topics

top topics

join