It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New "mystery disease" could be responsible for up to 17 deaths in Wisconsin.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 18 2016 @ 12:08 PM
link   
Greetings-

www.msn.com... PTP&ocid=mailsignout

en.wikipedia.org...

This 'may' be the 'germ de jour' or something for ALL of Us to fear, sort of like 'Ebola Lite'. Before We get too far ahead of ourselves, any guesses on the 'color' of the disease. Remember Ebola had the 'chartreuse green' so what color will be associated with 'Lizzie King'? (I just made that name up, is it catchy enough for a pandemic?

namaste

posted on Mar, 18 2016 @ 12:18 PM
link   
a reply to: JimNasium

I cannot seem to add pics to demonstrate the 'Ebola Green' but have 5 nice pics w/the chartreuse green but can't seem to add them to the thread. For this I apologize but if at a Public library or on someone else's computer check out Google™ "Ebola Virus" "Ebola Virus Man" and then click 'images'..

It is the same green that is on ATS™ if You're running "blacked out' ... coincidence? hahahaha

namaste

posted on Mar, 18 2016 @ 12:28 PM
link   
a reply to: JimNasiumIt says that it can be found in earth rivers and reservoirs. Could it also be found in the US military biological warfare labs?

posted on Mar, 18 2016 @ 12:34 PM
link   
How far from Plum Island is Wisconsin?

posted on Mar, 18 2016 @ 12:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: JimNasium
Greetings-

www.msn.com... PTP&ocid=mailsignout

en.wikipedia.org...
namaste

Well it sounds unnatural.

The biggest outbreak of Elizabethkingia in recorded public health history just got bigger.

The Michigan Department of Health and Human Services (MDHHS) confirmed Thursday that an older adult from the western part of the state has died after contracting the obscure blood infection, which has sickened more than 50 in Wisconsin. Seventeen of those patients died, though it’s not clear whether the infection was to blame. All of the victims were people with underlying health conditions, including the latest one in Michigan.

Now, Michigan health officials are trying to figure where the person came in contact with the bacteria. Elizabethkingia anophelis is commonly found in soil, rivers and reservoirs, and usually not dangerous to people — until last November, when people in Wisconsin started falling ill.

When they do occur, most cases of Elizabethkingia (named for Elizabeth O. King, the CDC microbiologist who first isolated the bacterium) happen in ones and twos, usually in hospital settings, in people whose immune systems are already weak. An outbreak like this one is thought to be unprecedented

Especially this part.

All of the bacteria samples isolated from the more than four dozen patients share a particular genetic fingerprint, suggesting they may be coming from the same source, Bell said.

But finding the source can be difficult. The cases are scattered across 12 Wisconsin counties — Columbia, Dane, Dodge, Fond du Lac, Jefferson, Milwaukee, Ozaukee, Racine, Sauk, Sheboygan, Washington and Waukesha — and now one in Michigan.

edit on 18-3-2016 by SeaWorthy because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 18 2016 @ 01:04 PM
link   

The question which is irritating me, is why do we refer to this as a mystery disease, when the germ which causes it has been identified?

Other than that, the infection vector seems to be the only questionable element here. Normally the germ only affects those who are either immune suppressed by a particular treatment, or those who have an immune deficiency caused by their ailments. This is a different situation, so one has to ask how these folk were infected, not to mention wondering whether the bacteria concerned has mutated in some significant fashion, allowing it to infect a greater proportion of potential hosts.

posted on Mar, 18 2016 @ 01:08 PM
link   

Tech times reports:

From Nov. 1, 2015 to March 16 of this year, DPH has received a total of 54 case reports of Elizabethkingia anophelis. Majority of the patients reported are aged 65 years old and above and have a history of at least one serious illness.

Elizabethkingia anophelis was first discovered in mosquitoes in 2011. The disease has been associated with meningitis among infants and hospital-related disease.

The mode of transmission of the bacteria is yet to be confirmed, but experts say the infection cannot be transferred from person to person. The main sources of bacteria being considered at present are food supply, medication system, water supply and dirt.

Killer Bacteria Sicken, Kill People In Wisconsin: What To Know About Elizabethkingia Anophelis

Good thing it isn't transmissible from person to person.

posted on Mar, 18 2016 @ 02:13 PM
link   
a reply to: SeaWorthy

Michigan has been in "hot water" for a bit now:

www.cnn.com...

en.wikipedia.org...

So this 'snip' aka 'LizzieKing' may be appearing in Your local water supply and what is the one thing each Body needs? What are We made of? water..

www.washingtonpost.com...

Stay Hydrated My Friends but don't drink the sludge!

edit on 10/13/2014 by JimNasium because: Last link inoperative.

posted on Mar, 18 2016 @ 02:16 PM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit

Perhaps "Mystery Disease" is more 'sexy' than 'ElizabethKingia' remember most say/type/utter "Latin is dead"

Cheers

posted on Mar, 18 2016 @ 02:37 PM
link   

Ideas cannot die.

Latin was just another in a long line!

posted on Mar, 18 2016 @ 05:34 PM
link   
Ahhhhh and hear I thought it was the play of the Green Bay Packers that had made people sick.

posted on Mar, 18 2016 @ 08:44 PM
link   
As someone pointed out earlier...

The 'fear de jour' has now spread to the neighboring State of Michigan..

www.washingtonpost.com... ond-state/

I'm going w/a mauve color imprint for the PsyOp.. Or maybe a watered down Ebola Peppermint shade?

namaste

posted on May, 8 2016 @ 07:41 PM
link   

could it be ebola that is killing people and they don't want to say its ebola?

posted on May, 9 2016 @ 10:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: john35353

could it be ebola that is killing people and they don't want to say its ebola?

John- (If I may be so flippant..) Could the CDC™ or other agency lie to people? I'd type that is a "Roger" or could be the Zika virus?

Remember when 'They" said "genetically modified organisms are 'in no way a threat to health."? What is making all the people sick? It's got to be either what they breath; eat; drink or may be a side effect from the BigPHarma™ medication they take for crap..

Major League Baseball cancelled the games in Puerto Rico due to Zika scare..

Short answer: I wouldn't put it past "Them" And "Them" is anybody/agency that risks the health/benefits of others due to job/$$$

posted on May, 9 2016 @ 06:25 PM
link   

ebola what is ebola?

new topics

top topics

join