It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Boy, 13, killed mum after attempting to rape her in row over Call of Duty

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 18 2016 @ 04:13 AM
link   
did a search and could not find it posted so thought i would share, i wasnt sure where to put this so mods move if needed please.

so a kid uses a 22 caliber rifle to kill his mother because she took away his video game, the sad part is she made her son a treat befor this happend.

A 13-year-old killed his own mother after a failed attempt to rape her in a row over a ban on the Call of Duty video game, a US court heard.

The court heard Crooks admit that it was because of the game being taken away that he snapped.

On the first day of Crooks' trial on Wednesday, jurors also heard testimony from Mitchell County Sheriff’s Deputies Jeff Huftalin and Greg Halbach, who described the crime scene, WCF Courier reported. Gretchen’s bullet-riddled body was found stretched out on a coach. Her pyjama top was undone and she was naked from the waist down, Halbach said in court.

www.mirror.co.uk...

the source i first heard this from was trying to turn it into a gun control debate, obviously the mother could have done more with her guns but that doesnt mean there needs to be more gun control for everyone.

edit on 18-3-2016 by theboarman because: (no reason given)

edit on 18-3-2016 by theboarman because: mistakes and adding more

posted on Mar, 18 2016 @ 04:19 AM
link   
a reply to: theboarman

I'm really getting tired of hearing about lunatics killing people and then it being used as leverage for more gun control. Makes you wonder if there's a conspiracy going on...either that or we've got an influx of mentally unstable kids. I prefer the former to the latter.

posted on Mar, 18 2016 @ 04:26 AM
link   

that game sucks anyways

lil freaks born in this generation... cripes man!

posted on Mar, 18 2016 @ 04:58 AM
link   
a reply to: Akragon

Babies are born innocent.

posted on Mar, 18 2016 @ 04:59 AM
link   

So the take away here is that:

A) Mental health care systems need updating and more people with undiagnosed conditions need to be diagnosed and treated, to reduce the risk of their disorders causing them to do inexplicable things to their loved ones and fellow countrymen.

B) Those with disorders known to cause dangerous, aggressive behaviour should not be allowed to have firearms within their capacity to reach and utilise.

C) The media love to ignore the crux of these matters.

posted on Mar, 18 2016 @ 05:05 AM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit

All of those and this is not chit chat, it is maybe general news?

I think 'breaking general news'.

edit on 18-3-2016 by reldra because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 18 2016 @ 05:15 AM
link   
a reply to: NewzNose

Thirteen, its an animal.. Throw away the keys..

posted on Mar, 18 2016 @ 05:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: TrueBrit

So the take away here is that:

A) Mental health care systems need updating and more people with undiagnosed conditions need to be diagnosed and treated, to reduce the risk of their disorders causing them to do inexplicable things to their loved ones and fellow countrymen.

B) Those with disorders known to cause dangerous, aggressive behaviour should not be allowed to have firearms within their capacity to reach and utilise.

C) The media love to ignore the crux of these matters.

But where does it say he was diagnosed with mental problems? How do you know he has a mental condition even...

I mean where do you draw the line between violence and lunacy... doing evil and being a mental crackpot?

He's just a 13 year old kid that was raised in this generation and society - similar things like this have happened with other kids too and they were mentally sound.

Humans can be barbaric, and can do evil things.. and it doesn't mean they are mentally unstable it just means they are doing the wrong thing... and perhaps weren't taught or raised well enough, or have a tendency towards doing bad things or w.e

The way I see it - society is spiralling out of control, and this is just the type of immoral and careless behavior that happens as a result.. it's happened many generations before as well.

Might not be a gun control issue... but why have guns around in this type of society, where any one of sound mental mind can snap one day and use their gun to kill someone out of carelessness and premature emotions. Police can have guns, the army can have them too... but not 13 year old sons or daughters that can always pick them up from their parents one way or another.

Just my view on the gun control thing..

posted on Mar, 18 2016 @ 05:20 AM
link   
a reply to: Akragon

I'm sure I've posted it before:

This know also, that in the last days perilous times shall come. For men shall be lovers of their own selves, covetous, boasters, proud, blasphemers, disobedient to parents, unthankful, unholy, without natural affection, trucebreakers, false accusers, incontinent, fierce, despisers of those that are good, traitors, heady, highminded, lovers of pleasures more than lovers of God; having a form of godliness, but denying the power thereof: from such turn away. 2 Timothy 3:1-5

I'm sure I'll post it again.

posted on Mar, 18 2016 @ 05:29 AM
link   
a reply to: ISeekTruth101

It said it right in the article.

Intermittent Explosive Disorder. A child psychiatrist will, according to the defence lawyer, testify that this condition is what allowed the awful events that are detailed in this thread, to come to pass.

posted on Mar, 18 2016 @ 05:36 AM
link   

How do you know he has a mental condition even...

WTF ? just WTF ?

i shall re-iterate

he attempted to rape his own bother then shot her to death because his video game was confiscated

i am not an expert - but that does not call in my definition of sane behaviours

posted on Mar, 18 2016 @ 05:39 AM
link   

It said it right in the article.

Intermittent Explosive Disorder. A child psychiatrist will, according to the defence lawyer, testify that this condition is what allowed the awful events that are detailed in this thread, to come to pass.

It may be that he does have that disorder, or it may be something that a lawyer in turn with the child psychiatrist might use to justify the actions but from what I have read in the article the child is of a sound mental mind and was clearly aware of his actions, and the gravity of the situations.

So I do not believe from the statements that the child has made himself, that could possibly be a mental crackpot.. just a kid that did a wrong evil thing, that might be attributed to the family home that he was raised in as well as society in general.. it happens.

To quote the child:

'I feel crazy and I know I'm not. I think I have some form of ADD,' Crooks told the 911 operator. 'I tried to rape her. I tried to rape her but I couldn't do it.

'Who tries to rape their own mom? My life is down the drain now.'

Source - www.dailymail.co.uk... game.html

posted on Mar, 18 2016 @ 05:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: ignorant_ape

How do you know he has a mental condition even...

WTF ? just WTF ?

i shall re-iterate

he attempted to rape his own bother then shot her to death because his video game was confiscated

i am not an expert - but that does not call in my definition of sane behaviours

No it doesn't actually, there is a different between being violent and being mentally unstable - that is why we have prisons and psychiatric wards.

posted on Mar, 18 2016 @ 05:47 AM
link   

from your link
...the son

“I’m not joking at all. She’s dead. I’m scared. I killed my mom with my .22. I don’t know why I did it.”

Crooks said: “I feel crazy and I know I'm not. I think I have some form of ADD. “I tried to rape her. I tried to rape her but I couldn't do it. “Who tries to rape their own mom? My life is down the drain now.” He went on to say: “I just wish it was a dream so I could wake up and I could kiss her and hug her.”

He then revealed that his mother had taken away his Call of Duty video game because he got bad grades in school, and that is when he snapped. He told the 911 operator: “Something just came over me.”

On her Facebook page back in 2010, she praised her son, one of two sons according to Mrs Brahm, for his musical talents on the saxophone as well as his accomplishment in being accepted into a University of Iowa camp to learn Chinese. “So proud of him!” she wrote.

Instead of just talking about guns...whats with the Game Call Of Duty? Aside from the addictive elements of the game...could there be subliminal programming in the game?
Just throwing it out there, don't shoot me

posted on Mar, 18 2016 @ 05:49 AM
link   
a reply to: Josephus

pretty generic...its been the last days for the last 2000 years.

posted on Mar, 18 2016 @ 05:52 AM
link   

The whole issue with mental disorders of the sort being referred to here, is that the person who has those disorders does not have the ability to control their actions all of the time. It is supposed to be like watching a movie, where things are happening that you have no agency in, and yet is it your body, your point of view.

So his responses and statements would not necessarily reflect what you would expect, because the lad did not experience the incident in the same way that one would expect.

posted on Mar, 18 2016 @ 05:59 AM
link   

No it doesn't actually, there is a different between being violent and being mentally unstable - that is why we have prisons and psychiatric wards.

I couldn't agree more - so tired of the "mental get out of jail free card"
edit on 18-3-2016 by TheConstruKctionofLight because: fixed

posted on Mar, 18 2016 @ 06:03 AM
link   

The whole issue with mental disorders of the sort being referred to here, is that the person who has those disorders does not have the ability to control their actions all of the time. It is supposed to be like watching a movie, where things are happening that you have no agency in, and yet is it your body, your point of view.

So his responses and statements would not necessarily reflect what you would expect, because the lad did not experience the incident in the same way that one would expect.

That's fair enough, I can understand that disorder, the reason I stepped in was because there are many similar cases to this where children of a sound mind and no mental disorders simply snapped and did a bad thing, due to being pushed over the edge..

I believe anyone is capable of anything in the right situation, this kid was born 13 years ago in a society that's pumping much addictive stimuli such as whats app, snapchat, call of duty etc.

It seems much easier today to put a kid on thier xbox infront of call of duty all day rather than have to parent him properly, all the while creating a generation of brain dead, addictive individuals that can and will snap when pushed over their 'limit'.

Take away the phone suddenly from a son or daughter today in this age group, that is constantly chatting away on messaging apps and tell me what their reaction will be, and you would be surprised how many of them fall into the 'psycho' category.. but are they all really psycho?

I have read the statements from this 13 year old kid, and I do not believe he is mentally unstable, as he is fully aware of the situation and the gravity but I am willing to except that he may have a disorder which caused him to explode and act irrationally. The way you worded your first post was that the child was generally of an unsound mind.

posted on Mar, 18 2016 @ 06:15 AM
link   
a reply to: TheConstruKctionofLight

Yeah I can accept that, I mean most of the mainstream video games that have emerged recently are first person shooters.

These are games based on military campaigns and shooting people to death. And they are played, online, by tens of millions of children world wide.

And the in-game chat systems that the children are using are filled with profanity, now remember 13 year old kids will have literally grown up on this stuff..

So when some other kid online says something about your 'mother' what is the first reaction that is given? It is not ' I disagree with that statement, I will now exit this game'

Rather it is ' I am going to kill you, and I will blow you up with C4, I will call in an airstrike on your dead body, then throw a grenade down your throat' and maybe even a return of a 'mother' statement.

And thus it becomes an outlet for kids to express their rage, and act on their addictive behaviour in a virtual world, really it is stuff they would like to do to people in the real world when they are angered or pushed over their limit.

And now you have some of that virtual reality behavior spilling out into the real world, when you spend countless hours in the virtual world of call of duty you forget the difference..

Doesn't mean the child is mentally unstable though, just under the influence of an intoxicant really that is excessive use of video games and profanity and pent up frustration.
edit on 18-3-2016 by ISeekTruth101 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 18 2016 @ 06:17 AM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit

It's easy to diagnose the kid after he did his act, but what about before he does his act, where it actually could prevent, that is the actual issue pretty much every time.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join