It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Black students advocate for white genocide/suicide during Harvard debate

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 18 2016 @ 09:08 AM
link   
This was a deliberate exercise in race baiting. The class should have boycotted.
edit on 18-3-2016 by TzarChasm because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 18 2016 @ 09:13 AM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

No,ludicrous bordering on buffoonery is always trying to find lame-ass excuses for black hate speech against white people.This was made THREE YEARS AGO,as you pointed out-and this is the FIRST i've heard of it..

So WHAT if it was a Hispanic student-it STILL is a call for a white genocide! From an individual who does not identify as being part of the white ethnicity.

(Which is So weird to me,i think of the Hispanic race as white,with slighter darker skintone anyway,but that's just btw.)

Because if white students have made these "arguments" in a collegiate debate- i WOULD have heard of it ASAP-because it would have made the headlines,and have dominated the headlines for weeks,if not months on end.

Whether it was made public by Alex Jones,or whoever,does not take away Anything from the valid fact that this student was sprouting disgusting hate speech.

WHAT IF A WHITE STUDENT HAD SAID THIS????????????????????????????

Does'nt matter what feeble claptrap progressives and true racists come up with-luckily there will always be sane people like me who Shall see through all the bull#. I'm not even going to say nice try,because really,it was a feeble try.
edit on 18-3-2016 by Raxoxane because: added

edit on 18-3-2016 by Raxoxane because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 18 2016 @ 09:17 AM
link   
a reply to: eNumbra

Because it is a black person advocating WHITE genocide..if the roles had been reversed and a white student had said these things,it's all we would've heard on social media and all news channels FOR THE PAST THREE YEARS.

Haven't you heard-hating on any ethnicity is evil and racist and xenophobic and everything abominable,and will be world news-but advocate genocide against whitey,and it's all good..hardly newsworthy. you should come up for air some time,it can't be good living under that rock all the time.
edit on 18-3-2016 by Raxoxane because: spelling

posted on Mar, 18 2016 @ 09:59 AM
link   
a reply to: Raxoxane

It's "the first you heard of it" because it is a recording of a collegiate debate competition that has been dredged up, edited and then misrepresented as something vital by the Alex Jone's media group.

I can see you're not really talking about the situation at hand in the video ... this is just fuel for the fire of extremist belief.

You're going off like a rocket about nothing, and your agenda is obvious.

Yes, yes, of course you're the sane one. Anyone who disagrees with the extreme views you're fronting for is crazy.

Sorry to have poked you with the logic stick. Carry on!

posted on Mar, 18 2016 @ 10:11 AM
link   

Someone is missing a point.

Collegiate debate? yes.

Just a tactic that he doesnt really believe in? fine.

Role reversed, especially considering the above facts we can agree on, white kid saying whites cant have life affirmed until Black deaths happen? No that would not stand regardless of where when or why.

The double standard is whats crazy, denying that it wouldnt be huge in MSM news? I dont think anyone would front for the extreme views youre ignoring

posted on Mar, 18 2016 @ 10:11 AM
link   

Extreme views..now let me see..i am for live and let live.If i had my way everyone would just get along.

The view of the student-all whites should be killed,which is what the word genocide generally means.

But yes,i can see how **I** am the one with the extreme views,the hateful,evil,murderous one.I can see how **I** am the one with the extreme views.

The point is,Gryphon,whether this is just a collegiate debate-or youths shooting their mouths on the street-that if a white person had said anything remotely resembling advocating the genocide of black/hispanic/any ethnicity you can think of Except white,and it had been captured on video-their lives would effectively be over.Socially they would be lambasted no end,they may lose their job,be ostracised,hate and death threats being heaped on them-and you know what,for some one advocating the genocide of an entire ethnicity,i would not have sympathy,because it is EVIL to feel that way,it is the sign of an EVIL heart and soul.

No,Gryphon **I** am not the one with the agenda here.

posted on Mar, 18 2016 @ 10:25 AM
link   
Wait.

In order to save the planet. White people need to off themselves ?

That the basic gist in the video ?

I am old enough to remember when a degree from Havard was worth something.

Now it's not worth toilet paper.

posted on Mar, 18 2016 @ 10:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: Raxoxane

Because it is a black person advocating WHITE genocide..if the roles had been reversed and a white student had said these things,it's all we would've heard on social media and all news channels FOR THE PAST THREE YEARS.

Haven't you heard-hating on any ethnicity is evil and racist and xenophobic and everything abominable,and will be world news-but advocate genocide against whitey,and it's all good..hardly newsworthy. you should come up for air some time,it can't be good living under that rock all the time.

You know what.

# it. Somebody wants a race war in the streets and the reality is, it's not the people who are outnumbered in this country by a wide margin; but by all means - give it to them over a obvious piece of bait like this one.

posted on Mar, 18 2016 @ 10:41 AM
link   

If there ever is a race war in America,it will not be over This one specific video. You do mean This video where a non-white was shamelessly race-baiting and putting up as a good idea,the genocide of the white ethnicity?

Or is it only race-baiting when white people make threads to bring to other people's attention,hate speech and talk of a genocide of the white ethnicity? BUT the actual hate speech against whites is Not the race-baiting? Because we were born with white skins and should just STFU and go quietly into the night-else we are Racists,Bigots and race-baiters-if we even so much as Mention stuff like this video?

Do you realise how Demented that sounds,even????

I may be confused,if i got your reply wrong,please feel free to point it out to me.

And i sincerely hope there is Never a race war in America.But if one day the white ethnicity Is attacked en masse,you can be assured they are going to say #it also,and let rip.What is your population demographics again? May turn out to be a genocide after all..but i know of which ethnicity there will be,statistically speaking,likely to be survivors of.
edit on 18-3-2016 by Raxoxane because: spelling

edit on 18-3-2016 by Raxoxane because: sp

edit on 18-3-2016 by Raxoxane because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 18 2016 @ 10:42 AM
link   
IF there were no 'white' people in this country it would look like Africa.

Where they have been slaughtering each other for centuries there.

Only there is no 'whitey' to blame.

Closer to home.

It would look like Chicago, and other urban 'utopia's' where AA's are gunned down every day by other AA's.

posted on Mar, 18 2016 @ 10:53 AM
link   
The problem here is that we generalize and stereotype everyone from the actions of a few. And we're all guilty of it and we all do it all the time.

BLM activiest want this...when it's only a couple of people
Trump supporters say this...when it's only a couple of people
Liberals do this...when it could be one person
Cops kill another...when it's only a small fraction of all cops that are bad
Inner city youth don't learn...when there are inner city youth getting full academic scholorships
Immigrants do this...when not all immigrants do that.
Black students call for genocide...when NOT all black students are calling for genocide

posted on Mar, 18 2016 @ 11:42 AM
link   
a reply to: amazing

The problem here is that we generalize and stereotype everyone from the actions of a few

Seriously ?

The very name is RACIST.

BLM.

BLACK Lives Matter.

posted on Mar, 18 2016 @ 03:23 PM
link   
At it's base level it's just perpetuating the myth that all white people are evil because some white people had (black) slaves.

Therefore all white people must have had slaves, and therefore all white people must be evil.

In reality 99.9% of white people were little more than slaves themselves, (white) apprentices often were forced to wear chains to stop them from running away, white kids were made to work down mines and in factories from 4 years old, and all white workers were paid just enough to keep them alive so they could come back to work tomorrow.

The real slave owners - forget the colour of their skin (though there were black slave owners) - were THE RICH.

THE RICH were also were the ones who employed the (majority poor) white people in horrific conditions.

We've allowed this myth of black vs white to run now for how long? 150 years+ - and while we're all at each others throats the real culprits - THE RICH - are doing the same things to us all still (albeit in a more subtle way perhaps), and will continue doing it until we either all kill each other or we all wake up.

Of course it would never get to us all killing each other because if that happened then they'd have no one left to rule over and tax, and no one to make their tea and toast and tuck them into bed at night, so they would be forced to take sides.

Since they are predominantly white it isn't too hard to figure out which side will win.

So in all probability this false persecution of white people, and the false empowerment of black people is going to lead to an over-extension of status in the form of violence from one community, who will then be flattened.

posted on Mar, 18 2016 @ 03:49 PM
link   
a reply to: TheBulk

EDIT: It would be wise for everyone commenting to view the comments section of this video on YouTube. It is a statement made by the University of West Georgia, if true it sheds some light on this clip. If in fact we are not seeing the entire context (we are not the debate was at least an hour and a half) it very well may be true that BOTH sides were using very extreme and ridiculous arguments in order to counter.... Wait for it other extreme and ridiculous arguments. This is, how in some cases, how debates are performed. The representative from WGU(the president I believe but I dare not leave this page for fear of losing my post... Again) makes a good point that this was a sanctioned debate and the authorities or moderators did not intervene. Since the entire video is unavailable and we only have this clip I sense a bit of an agenda here. Maybe I am wrong. If so the following below still stands. I think I may have been propaganda'd though! Oh how sharp we think we are! I wish I could have posted the qoute but can't copy text from my YT app.

Absolutely disgusting. This is why a government policy of multiculturalism does not work. Ever. How can these black students show up and argue that white life is essentially worthless. Argue that the White student should commit suicide because it would be a little step in the right direction. Essentially argue for the genocide of all whites even though many many whites in this country didn't even have ancestors here during the time of slavery and many like my wife weren't even here until decades after the civil rights movement. My mother-in-law, who lives in a city and is elderly, was shoved over on a side walk 3 years ago by a black youth, spit on and had her purse stolen.

The dialog must change. It must change in all communities. This is a Divide and Conquer tactic. For the record I have nothing against black people. My favorite and best college professor was a black man from the Bronx with dreads and was unapologetic for being such. He was a race/class/gender advocate. We need to start building bridges rather than walls. MLK must be turning in his grave. He was not only a race advocate, rather he was a class advocate. He worked to build bridges between working class whites and blacks. One can partially thank Nixon and his Southern Strategy and Philadelphia Project for today's woes. That video was very sad to see indeed. Americans, of all races, must wake up. If we don't this will only get worse, sadly that is the engineered end goal. Maybe they'll get their gun grabs, Marshall law and all the rest from the ensuing chaos after all. Dems and Repubs, you've been played. We all have.
edit on 18-3-2016 by s3cz0ne because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 18 2016 @ 06:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: neo96
a reply to: amazing

The problem here is that we generalize and stereotype everyone from the actions of a few

Seriously ?

The very name is RACIST.

BLM.

BLACK Lives Matter.

You should do some research on BLM

The only reason there was/is a Black lives matter movement is because In some places in America, Black Lives don't appear to matter as much as white lives. How is calling out a fact in modern America, racist? Since when is speaking the truth ever a problem? I like honesty. Don't you?

posted on Mar, 19 2016 @ 12:32 AM
link   
Whites wage war on other whites, blacks hate on other blacks, Asians discrimate against other Asians, brown or yellow, while red would fight over pint sized land.

And if all the races got together usin their strend the and weaknesses to solve problems they would be in heaven not worrying about Satan or extinction. Or God for that matter.
edit on 19-3-2016 by Specimen because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 19 2016 @ 01:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66
One kid; one debate contest; the topic was ASSIGNED.

Being able to argue convincingly on one or the other side of an Extreme Topic is part of debate training.

And ... I'm done, enjoy the wailing and gnashing of teeth.

So then you are saying that white folks debating black genocide would be kosher? Would it? Its just an exercise. Where is the line?

And from the political position most likely taken here, can I assume you are against Trump? Because he wants to stop illegal Mexican immigration and has a rather negative view of illegal immigrants that is probably unfair? By your reasoning, that should be far short of the line in the sand, would it not? Where exactly is that line if its not the genocide of a people though?

Personally i think the man-child in the video has every right to say it as long as he doesnt act on it, no matter how sick it is, because free speech is that important. That said, this duscussion being assigned is I think much more worrying than if it were just one ignorant kid who felt that way. This implies the idea is being worked into society, with purpose. And that really is the line, isnt it? When a truly abhorent idea becomes purpose? An opinion or even purpose about immigration rules really is fair game, if unseemly at times. The intent of purpose behind the idea of genocide is about as abhorent as it gets.

posted on Mar, 19 2016 @ 01:46 AM
link   
a reply to: neo96

You're correct.

Now hypothetically lets pretend a group called 'WLM' or White Lives Matter appeared on the scene.

All hell would break loose, satan would rise from the abyss and the Liberals would demand all whites be shut up.

I can totally see what would happen.

The world truly is going insane..
and one has to wonder how much the Corporate Owned Television and Movie Industry along with 'Meds 'for Everyone because it just the sane thing to do Programming pushed on the masses in order to 1984 them into Submission.

Crazy...
edit on 3/19/2016 by awareness10 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 19 2016 @ 01:51 AM
link   
So if, I go around, bashing the skulls of other alphas and the bravos that followed, like the arrival of God wanting Satan soul back in hell, and slaying demon, after demon relentlessly.

That would make me an alpha wouldn't it? Doesn't really make me a bully, if I'm only going after Alphas.

And no, the worlds always been in Hell, just those in Heaven finally noticed its at it pearly gates.

posted on Mar, 19 2016 @ 03:57 AM
link   
I will post my response from a past thread about these type of issues in the policy debate community.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Some background on me, I debated collegiate debate for five years and then coached it for about four more. I was decent, I qualified for the National Debate Tournament which only 72 teams make a year. I was slightly unusual in that I went to a rural state school (almost none of which have teams let alone have any success) and had no high school experience, which almost all people at the high levels of collegiate debate had for at east four years in high school.

First off, allow me to say in almost all forms policy debate is an abomination. You are taught to "spread" the other team, or speak like an auctioneer to get as much info in as possible. This makes it so the laymen will have zero idea what you are saying, but those in the community have trained themselves to understand it (supposedly the best debaters can speak and understand over 500 words a minute).

You are also taught to take arguments to their extreme. For example say we are debating the health care law and I am against it. Instead of just saying it will hurt the US financially, I would read a piece of evidence from an extreme source that would say it will collapse the us economy, and the read another piece of evidence that would say that would lead to nuclear war. I kid you not when I say almost every round ends in arguing in about 10 nuke war scenarios.

This was the way debate had been for years, and in my opinion it was a farce. But that isn't even the worst of it. For over a decade now (and getting worse as time goes on) Performance debate has became popular. This basically amount to refusing to debate the topic and instead talking about your personal life and why that means you should win, as the OP is showing. Actually, the round in the op is rather tame.

Here are some rounds I had.

I walk in and am told to acknowledge my privilege as a white man and forfeit the round to advance people of color.

I am told all men are evil and deserve to die and so I should lose for being a man.

I don't have any coaches of color so I should lose.

I speak like a white person of privilege so I should lose.

A team simulated gay sex and claimed because I didn't understand how that had to do with the topic we were supposed to debate about I was a bigot and I should lose.

And so on. These are not exaggerations. And the debate community is so liberal that to defend yourself as a white or man or defender of capitalism etc. is not only an almost automatic loss, it will get you outcast from the community.

My only defense was to claim I am NOT REALLY a white man. I have to get the to clarify what that means, and when they define it as power, I have to argue that I too am underprivledged and I shouldn't be punished.

Whats worse is that this is in some ways the apex of academia, the supposed brightest we have to offer, with literally millions of dollars in scholarships and payments toward coaches and other things going on. And there almost ZERO tolerance for any non liberal ideology.

And the community knows it is a joke. I believe it was the 2008 CEDA nationals finals where a ridiculous racially charged debate led to a coach "mooning" the audience.

www.cbsnews.com...

Ever since then (and largely before) it was known that the debate community should do everything possible to not be filmed or allow the outside world (particularly the administrators from schools that were financing this nonsense) to know what was going on.

The debate community is an example of people that are so arrogant and insular that they are a joke to any outsider, but the still have an air of superiority over everyone else. I learned a lot of positive things in this activity, and made many friends, but overall as a group I have more have nothing but the utmost contempt for them. Many of them are the future leaders of this world, and they feel victimized and entitled and superior to you in every way. They are a metaphor our entire political system.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join