It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

people in the uk

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 16 2016 @ 09:05 PM
link   
people in the uk are some of the most brainwashed people i ever seen, their so dominated they think its fine to let a intruder hurt or kill them before fighting back, they buy everything from a store, they are some of the most un-self sufficient i have ever seen, getting rid of guns is one of the most stupid things you can do, you cant hunt for food or protect yourself in your home and if you get invaded you gotta take it bent over, they say it decreases violence but if that were the case their goverment wouldn't need to lie about the statistics.

end rant

posted on Mar, 16 2016 @ 09:11 PM
link   
you're lacking guns while we're having gun issues where I'm from.

I'll trade you a few ghetto NY'ers for several of your UK people.

posted on Mar, 16 2016 @ 09:13 PM
link   
What would folks in the UK be meant to hunt?
its not like they have herds of wilderbeests running majestically across the plains
or bears , or wolves or deer anything that isnt on a farm.....and nets are far better for fishing(uk Is an Island) than a rifle
edit on 16-3-2016 by gambon because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 16 2016 @ 10:05 PM
link   
a reply to: theboarman

You can get a gun in the UK, they haven't banned them; you need a permit, that's all.

Easy enough to get if that's your thing.

posted on Mar, 16 2016 @ 10:25 PM
link   

Are you an adolescent? and did your adolescent friends star you? there is no other explanation for this thread, I won't let myself believe an adult could make this thread and other adults would star it!

posted on Mar, 17 2016 @ 12:28 AM
link   

Troll much?

You've been watching too much TV big man.

posted on Mar, 17 2016 @ 12:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: theboarman
people in the uk are some of the most brainwashed people i ever seen, their so dominated they think its fine to let a intruder hurt or kill them before fighting back, they buy everything from a store, they are some of the most un-self sufficient i have ever seen, getting rid of guns is one of the most stupid things you can do, you cant hunt for food or protect yourself in your home and if you get invaded you gotta take it bent over, they say it decreases violence but if that were the case their goverment wouldn't need to lie about the statistics.

end rant

Oh dear, here we go again.

How many people have you actually met then? which parts of the UK did you visit to form this opinion and when?

For about the thousandth time here on ATS it has to be said to an ill informed outsider that you can own guns in the UK.

What you cannot do walk around the supermarket with a loaded one in your pocket.

I know dozens of people with shotguns and hunting rifles who hunt for there own food regularly, I have some rabbits on the way right now as it happens.

As to defending ourselves in our own home's this has also been discussed to death here and in short given that we have a half decent welfare system and far less crack heads coupled with the fact that we are not allowed to carry hand guns the necessity to own a firearm to defend ourselves against an armed, broke drug addled idiot is minimal.

I would put up some links but given that it is 5.40 am and I have not finished my coffee and the quality of your thread and is so poor I will simply not bother and bid you good day.

edit on 17/3/2016 by nonspecific because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 17 2016 @ 01:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: gambon
What would folks in the UK be meant to hunt?
its not like they have herds of wilderbeests running majestically across the plains
or bears , or wolves or deer anything that isnt on a farm.....and nets are far better for fishing(uk Is an Island) than a rifle

We do have lots of wild deer as it happens although you need a special licence and permission of the land owner to hunt deer.

Anyone can own an air rifle up to 12fp or apply for a shotgun licence and as long as you've got a clean criminal record and can safely store the weapons there is usually no issue.

We have rabbits, Hare's, Muntjack(small deer) pigeons, pheasants, partridges ect.

Nothing that we would need to defend ourselves against though.

One thing that is quite strict is our fishing laws actually, we cannot for example hunt with a spear in the rivers and need a licence and have to pay to use a rod on the waterways.

posted on Mar, 17 2016 @ 01:48 AM
link   
I agree with the OP. People in the UK need guns so we can be as violent as our American cousins who are experiencing a mass shooting at least once a day at the moment, and a large number of kids shooting themselves with daddy's pistols. We need to be armed so that the un-armed police can be put in line. Most of all, we need to be armed because of ... blah, blah, blah.

posted on Mar, 17 2016 @ 01:51 AM
link   

There is some very good information in the thread linked below from last year if your interested in actually understanding UK gun laws?

link

posted on Mar, 17 2016 @ 02:01 AM
link   
a reply to: nonspecific

i read what you posted, a little to much control for my liking tho.

edit on 17-3-2016 by theboarman because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 17 2016 @ 02:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: theboarman

read it, a little to much control for my liking tho.

Well given that you do not live here your personal opinion is totally irrelevant isn't it?

posted on Mar, 17 2016 @ 02:07 AM
link   
haha i was just sharing my thoughts on what you posted no need to get snippy

posted on Mar, 17 2016 @ 02:11 AM
link   

Not sniping just pointing out that as you do not live here and have no real understanding of our culture that your opinion does not really count for much.

I for example think it's odd that in France they drive on the opposite side of the road but given that I do not live in France and have no drivers licence my opinion is absolutely irrelevant.

posted on Mar, 17 2016 @ 02:12 AM
link   

cheers

posted on Mar, 17 2016 @ 02:44 AM
link   
Least here we can eat a kinder egg unlike the land of the free where its banned or have a headache tablet with codeine in it or buy red iodine by the drum all without any sort of problem...try doing them over in the USA and see the pain, visit Switzerland and see people wandering around with full auto weapons which must mean they are more free than those in the US?

posted on Mar, 17 2016 @ 02:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: Maxatoria
Least here we can eat a kinder egg unlike the land of the free where its banned or have a headache tablet with codeine in it or buy red iodine by the drum all without any sort of problem...try doing them over in the USA and see the pain, visit Switzerland and see people wandering around with full auto weapons which must mean they are more free than those in the US?

And cross the street wherever we please

Is codine prescription only in the US?

Never going there then, I need that stuff to be able to move.

posted on Mar, 17 2016 @ 03:16 AM
link   

people in the uk are some of the most brainwashed people i ever seen,

People in America believing a billionaire tycoon salesman when he says I'm going to make America great again are quite brainwashed, with ameritude

posted on Mar, 17 2016 @ 03:20 AM
link   

I would say that your OP is a great way to massively generalise about a whole huge host of people, and by so doing invalidate your every sentiment.

Regarding home invasion in this country, there are no laws stating that you must not resist attack in your own home. The difference is, that most people here do not have a gun to do it with. We have other methods. I sleep with a Bowie knife within reach at all times, a cricket bat a further six feet away, a make shift fighting staff just next to that and so on.

Anybody attempting to invade my home whilst I am in residence, will find themselves autopsied before they hit the deck, with no collateral damage and no noisy gunshots or dirty GSR getting all over the place.

posted on Mar, 17 2016 @ 04:09 AM
link   

Errrr.
I'm in the UK and there were guns in the house all the time when I was a kid.
They are still there.
All perfectly legal, licenced and correctly stored.
No problem.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join