It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Would you go?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 12 2005 @ 11:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by swordfish
A year ago I would have said yes now that I have a daughter I would only do it if I could come back or if they didn't make the offer until after I had seen her grow up. That would be a tremendous opportunity though, not sure how anyone could turn that down.

Ditto this post, I have kids now, if I didnt, Id go in a moment regardless, how could you not? On the otherhand, I havent seen all of this world yet, so I may still decline If i could not return.

posted on Jan, 12 2005 @ 11:54 PM
link   
If I could still watch the new Episodes of SG1 and Atlantis then yes, if not, over my dead body.

posted on Jan, 13 2005 @ 12:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by Amelia
If it's the greys or reptilans looking...I won't

I would have to feel the good and the love of the ETs...if they are benevolent and loving i'd go 100%!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ameliaxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Do you really trust this guy?

posted on Jan, 13 2005 @ 06:32 AM
link   
Yes, under one condition.... Show me the ropes to operate this craft, as a Co-pilot, I think a week will do it.... then step back, I'm going to show you what this sucker can do!

posted on Jan, 13 2005 @ 06:34 AM
link   
to be honest. i think if i was offered to be taken away then i would say yes. because my life sucks as it is.

posted on Jan, 13 2005 @ 07:37 AM
link   
hhmmm

i hate many aspects of my life...........but i would miss my family terribly.

so no........i'd have to pass.

if the question were altered to ask "if you could go for X amt of time and be returned after seeing our galaxy and all other kinds of wonders of our universe and other universes...........unharmed and enlightened......and with knowledge that you could use to help yourself build a better life"

then YES.........i would.

angie

posted on Jan, 13 2005 @ 07:38 AM
link   
damn... that's a good view of it. i would miss my family a lot so if i could come back then that would make my decision easier.

posted on Jan, 14 2005 @ 09:40 AM
link   
Everyone remember Scary Movie 3? Remember how the ETs say goodbye? I for sure wouldnt say no as the goodby would be a bit painful!!!

posted on Jan, 14 2005 @ 09:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by superdude
Let's say an alien spacecraft landed in your backyard, and the lifeforms inside were able to communicate with you. They convinced you that they will not hurt you in any way whatsoever, and wanted you to go with them, but you would never return to earth - would you go?

Only if I could bring my fiance. Otherwise, I'd pass. Earth holds enough fascination and interest as it is, that I can be happy here for the rest of my life. An alien world may be far more fascinating, but without someone to share it with, it would be an empty experience.

posted on Jan, 14 2005 @ 10:00 AM
link   
i agree with most opinions here, only if I could take the husband and kids along, if not, screw you alien life form, I'm staying on earth

posted on Jan, 14 2005 @ 12:12 PM
link   
Lets see... intergalactic trip to discovery and wonder or...

... hang out here and watch us all kill each other.

Gee, tough choice... uh... I'll have to think about it. But I think I'd take a page from JC's book (not the bible, not that JC) and hitch a ride on the amazing living ship.. or disk shaped craft... whatever.

John: "When I was a kid... I dreamed of outer space. And then I got here... and I dream of Earth. And lately... none of my dreams work."

posted on Jan, 14 2005 @ 01:01 PM
link   
LOL! No way! Not if it meant never coming back here! I don't know how they live, what their world is like or anything, you just assume they are better and their way of life is better, what if you get there and hate it? LOL! What if the only food they have is fruits and nuts,
no way! LOL! I would love to go for a visit but not to stay. Earth is my home.
Good or bad, at least I know what I'm getting here, there you don't know how it is.

posted on Jan, 14 2005 @ 01:24 PM
link   
15 years ago, sure, in a half o' heartbeat. I would need the companionship of my wife and boys. (That will surprise the wife!
) I'm suprised that the EBE's appearance is affecting peoples answers. Especially those who seem to preach warm, galactic fuzzies all the time. A bit prejudicial, don't cha' think?

[edit on 14-1-2005 by Der Kapitan]

posted on Jan, 14 2005 @ 03:40 PM
link   
I wouldn't be able to go due to my wife and kids.

If I was single I wouldn't go with the aliens.
No amount of convincing that the alien race would not hurt me would make me trust them. I could never trust anyone who can really do anything that they wanted to me.

I'd love to go to Hawaii, but I wouldn't let a stranger take me. So I've applied that here also.

posted on Jan, 14 2005 @ 04:07 PM
link   

don't forhget to take a towel as well

wanna get high?

No more earth food, contact, people, sex, entertainment, (well no more earth entertainment might be ok

well, if the ship had a really good holo deck I could go withou sex for a litle while

But honestly, if I could never go back to Earth once I left, I wouldn't go unless I could bring my friends, family, cat, and was promised a good life full of adventure. I don't think my life is that bad here on Earth that I would leave it without the things I listed above.

[edit on 14-1-2005 by zhangmaster]

posted on Jan, 14 2005 @ 04:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by superdude
Let's say an alien spacecraft landed in your backyard, and the lifeforms inside were able to communicate with you. They convinced you that they will not hurt you in any way whatsoever, and wanted you to go with them, but you would never return to earth - would you go?

Yes I would. After a nice vacation I would convince them that Earth is better, and they would return me to Earth.

posted on Jan, 14 2005 @ 06:59 PM
link   
thats a good question. i dont think i would go, because i have a life here, and i sort of like it. but there is a possibility that they could be lying to you, and they might do experiments on you. wait, i forgot to ask you something, do they look like humans, like sexy females? if they do, i might go with them, but if they dont, na.

posted on Jan, 17 2005 @ 06:43 PM
link   
arh, matey, better sail upon these waters, the mermaids have a ship that goes out into space, if I need a ride, arh!

posted on Jan, 17 2005 @ 07:19 PM
link   
Yes, I would go. However, like everyone else has said, I would only go with a benevolent race, and preferably, that look pleasant. I would not need confirmation that if I could breathe on their planet though

posted on Jan, 18 2005 @ 05:16 AM
link   
LOL! Nope no way they could take you there and put you in a zoo for the little alien children to come and look at. LOL!
"Look mom! A human!" LOL!
No way.

<< 1  2    4 >>

join