It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Oklahoma Missionary Sentenced To 40 Years For Sexual Assaulting Kenyan Orphans

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 9 2016 @ 07:47 AM
link   
Oklahoma Missionary Sentenced To 40 Years For Sexual Assaulting Kenyan Orphans

A 21-year-old Oklahoma man was sentenced on Monday to 40 years in prison for sexually assaulting orphaned children while on a missionary trip in Kenya in 2014.

Matthew Lane Durham was found guilty on four counts of "engaging in illicit sexual conduct in foreign places" in June, BuzzFeed reports. A federal judge sentenced Durham this week to 40 years in prison, and ruled that he must pay the victims $15,863 in restitution.

"In a span of just 33 days," prosecutors wrote, per CNN, Durham "raped three girls -- ages 5, 9 and 15 -- at least eight times. During that same time period, he sexually molested a 12-year-old boy twice." They added that Durham "not only forcefully sexually abused these children," but "he psychologically damaged them by taking advantage of their trust he received from the children."

Seriously, what the hell? What is it with the Christian religion and attracting these sickos? The bastard isn't even ashamed of his actions. He pleaded not guilty, and check this quote out from him.

"All I wanted was to follow God’s plan for me," he told the courtroom on Monday. "In the end, it is the judgment of God that is central, not the judgment of man. I do not fear God's judgment of me."

Naturally, he claims he was possessed. *eye roll*. I'm glad the courts didn't buy that load of #. This isn't the 1600's anymore, perverts can't hide behind religious superstition to get off from being perverts. This guy needs to face the music.

posted on Mar, 9 2016 @ 07:52 AM
link   
Why was he tried in the United States? Is child molestation not a crime in Kenya? I'm fairly certain that this monster would have gotten much worse than 40-years if the Kenyans had their way with him.

Disgusting

posted on Mar, 9 2016 @ 07:58 AM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t
Well, that's one way to bring Jesus to the little heathens. Speaks volumes about the "love of God" through his "elect", doesn't it?

posted on Mar, 9 2016 @ 08:09 AM
link   

Saw this on the news this a.m. Krazy! Another reason I concur with this Alabama lawmaker This seice of phit needs to be castrated, and thrown in the tank for life!!!!

posted on Mar, 9 2016 @ 08:19 AM
link   
40 years in prison?

Durham "raped three girls -- ages 5, 9 and 15 -- at least eight times. During that same time period, he sexually molested a 12-year-old boy twice."

he should have been killed for all the above.

posted on Mar, 9 2016 @ 08:23 AM
link   

The punishment that this guy deserves he will unfortunately never receive.

That being said....

What is it with the Christian religion and attracting these sickos?

Seriously? Did you mean to say that or were you not thinking at the time you posted....?

edit on 9-3-2016 by eluryh22 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 9 2016 @ 08:24 AM
link   
Why not add your outrage to the abuses that have occurred under the UN as well in that region. (psst where no charges and no punishment occurred.)

The guy is a monster using religion to try and get away with it, but go ahead and blame the religion if that makes you feel better.

posted on Mar, 9 2016 @ 08:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t
This isn't the 1600's anymore, perverts can't hide behind religious superstition to get off from being perverts.

A lot of recently raped Europeans would disagree.

(post by ignorant_ape removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

posted on Mar, 9 2016 @ 08:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: ReadLeader

Saw this on the news this a.m. Krazy! Another reason I concur with this Alabama lawmaker This seice of phit needs to be castrated, and thrown in the tank for life!!!!

Yea. Good idea. I usually don't agree with laws coming out of Alabama, but I just can't find anything wrong with that...

posted on Mar, 9 2016 @ 08:47 AM
link   

posted on Mar, 9 2016 @ 08:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t
A 21-year-old Oklahoma man was sentenced on Monday to 40 years in prison for sexually assaulting orphaned children while on a missionary trip in Kenya in 2014.

Liber Boomerang
(from 'Liber Kaos, the Psychonomicon' by Pete Carroll)

"A god ignored is a demon born.
That which is denied gains in power and seeks strange and unexpected forms of manifestation.
Deny Death, and other forms of Suicide will arise.
Deny Sex and bizarre forms of its expression will torment you.
Deny Love and absurd sentimentalities will disable you.
Deny Aggression only to stare, eventually, at the smoking gun in your shaking hand.
Deny honest Fear and Desire only to create senseless neuroticism and avarice.
Deny Laughter and the world laughs at you..."

posted on Mar, 9 2016 @ 08:53 AM
link   
a reply to: eluryh22

Seriously? Did you mean to say that or were you not thinking at the time you posted....?

It's true. Religion does attract these sub-humans. So does government, and any other place they can infect, that gives them unhindered access to their victims. Like it or not, sexual deviancy is rampant in the church. I dealt with it first-hand, and heard from pastors and other counselors that it is a big problem for the church, and one of its "best kept secrets". Fortunately, most pastors and counselors will report it pronto. But then, what do you expect when you consistently oppress, and make dirty, a natural part of who we are as a species. It's going to come out some where, and it isn't gonna be pretty.

edit on 3/9/2016 by Klassified because: redaction

posted on Mar, 9 2016 @ 09:28 AM
link   

"All I wanted was to follow God’s plan for me," he told the courtroom on Monday. "In the end, it is the judgment of God that is central, not the judgment of man. I do not fear God's judgment of me."

This has got to be the most foolish thing he could have said. Granted, I'm not religious at all, but I'd like to believe that if "God" were real, then he should fear his judgement most of all. If he truly believes in his religion, then he'll be the one that will have to face "God" and explain to him why he felt the need to diddle children when he was supposed to be spreading the "good word".

I can just imagine the godly eyeroll that could come of any excuse he makes.

posted on Mar, 9 2016 @ 09:30 AM
link   
a reply to: Necrobile

He thinks he's ok in the eyes of God because of this:

Durham testified that he thought he was possessed by a demon named Luke who did "horrible things," and said he struggled with his sexuality.

"I'm not a bad person, a demon made me do it." Standard Christian cop-out.
edit on 9-3-2016 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 9 2016 @ 09:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: Klassified
a reply to: eluryh22

It's true. Religion does attract these sub-humans. So does government, and any other place they can infect, that gives them unhindered access to their victims. Like it or not, sexual deviancy is rampant in the church. I dealt with it first-hand, and heard from pastors and other counselors that it is a big problem for the church, and one of its "best kept secrets". Fortunately, most pastors and counselors will report it pronto. But then, what do you expect when you consistently oppress, and make dirty, a natural part of who we are as a species. It's going to come out some where, and it isn't gonna be pretty.

To play devil's advocate here, it's not religion that draws these sickos to it, and it's foolish to label it as such. What really draws these sickos out is power. More often than not, whenever you read about cases like this, it's someone who's been put in a position of power/trust. Doesn't matter if it's as low as a babysitter, father, uncle, friend, clergyman, politician, or in this case, missionary. It's usually done by someone who's put in a position of power/trust who believes that because of their position they won't be caught.

Something tells me that this guy felt he'd be ok because of the fact that he's a missionary in another country. He probably felt that even if they spoke up, who would believe them??

posted on Mar, 9 2016 @ 09:33 AM
link   

He may think he's ok in the eyes of god, but is he truly?? We as humans know he's full of #, so in all fairness an almighty wise being would know better as well. I'm sure his eyeroll would be epic. lol

posted on Mar, 9 2016 @ 09:34 AM
link   
a reply to: Necrobile

Lol yea. Good point. God would know better anyways. He's only fooling himself (and anyone gullible enough to believe him).

posted on Mar, 9 2016 @ 09:39 AM
link   

I do not fear God's judgment of me.

Typical Religious Nut, in name only.

No true believer would ever say this.

May sound like a No True Scotsman fallacy, but the fact is there is a tonne of scripture that tells believers to Fear God's Judgement.

posted on Mar, 9 2016 @ 09:47 AM
link   
as we are not permitted to offend anyone in a thread about a rapist

i shall have to repost my opinion

to save money [ 40 year prison sentence ] - the thing should be sent on a one way flight to niarobi -with all its court transcripts - and let the kenyan authorities decide what to do with it
edit on 9-3-2016 by ignorant_ape because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2 >>

join