It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hacker ‘Guccifer,’ Who Uncovered Clinton’s Private Emails, To Be Extradited To US

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 7 2016 @ 04:40 PM
link   
I find the timing of this very interesting. Many believe an indictment will be handed down against Hillary Clinton (and possibly her aides) by April...and Clinton IT guy Bryan Pagliano was just granted immunity from prosecution for testifying.
'Guccifer' got the entire ball rolling on the Hillary Clinton email/server investigation...so, perhaps, he knows more and may also receive a deal for testifying.
It looks as if the noose is beginning to close around Hillary's neck.

Guccifer, the infamous Romanian hacker who accessed emails of celebrities and top US officials, will be extradited to the United States, after losing a case in his home country’s top court.
Reuters reports that Lehel will come to the US under an 18-month extradition order, following a request made by the US authorities. Details of the extradition have not been made public, however.

Democratic presidential candidate Hillary Clinton © Craig LassigWhat Clinton’s latest emails say about Benghazi, White House, private accounts
Also released were emails between former Secretary of State Colin Powell and Corina Cretu, a Romanian member of European Parliament, prompting Powell to deny that the two had had an affair.

Perhaps most notably, Lehel was also the first source to uncover Hillary Clinton’s improper use of a private email account while she was Secretary of State, which the FBI is investigating as a potential danger to national security.

In March 2013, the hacker released to RT and several other news outlets the four memos that had been sent to Clinton from her former political adviser Sidney Blumenthal. The memos contain information regarding the September 11, 2012 attacks on the US diplomatic mission in Benghazi, Libya, as well as the January 2013 hostage crisis in In Amenas, Algeria.

Lehel was indicted by the Department of Justice in 2014 on charges of wire fraud, unauthorized access to a protected computer, cyberstalking, aggravated identity theft and obstruction of justice.

www.rt.com...

posted on Mar, 7 2016 @ 04:44 PM
link   
He'll be dead as soon as he gets here ....or the plane will mysteriously crash on his way here.

posted on Mar, 7 2016 @ 04:45 PM
link   
a reply to: Meldionne1

I'm sure the bookies are already taking bets.

posted on Mar, 7 2016 @ 04:47 PM
link   
Cynical, very cŷnical.

He/she will be treated in the manner in which they are accustomed, with the odd knee to the face etc..
edit on 7/3/16 by Cobaltic1978 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 7 2016 @ 04:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: IAMTAT
a reply to: Meldionne1

I'm sure the bookies are already taking bets.

LMAO ........you're probably right !!!!!!

posted on Mar, 7 2016 @ 04:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: Meldionne1
He'll be dead as soon as he gets here ....or the plane will mysteriously crash on his way here.

This is a legitimate concern.

Lehel was indicted by the Department of Justice in 2014 on charges of wire fraud, unauthorized access to a protected computer, cyberstalking, aggravated identity theft and obstruction of justice.
from OP

So, if he/she was indicted shouldn't the person who was ultimately responsible (HRC) for having the server set up in such a way as to make it visible to hackers suffer the same consequences?

Or does that just make too much sense?

posted on Mar, 7 2016 @ 05:01 PM
link   
a reply to: jadedANDcynical

Makes sense.
I'm sure it will be revealed Guccifer was not the only one to hack her, too.

+12 more 
posted on Mar, 7 2016 @ 05:06 PM
link   
a reply to: IAMTAT

So, let me get this straight.

The NSA has the power to spy on and hack into private citizens accounts that they deem to be affiliated with planning terrorist acts or are a threat to the security of the United States, but private citizens cannot hack into government officials' accounts to expose breaches to the security of the United States.

OK, got it.

The US government is virtually indistinguishable from the Gestapo.

"Do as I say, not as I do"

posted on Mar, 7 2016 @ 05:08 PM
link   
I think he might have some emails that have been conveniently deleted by Hillary Inc.

He has bargaining chips in his pocket.

posted on Mar, 7 2016 @ 05:13 PM
link   
Looks like Romania is not a sovereign country since it extradites its citizen.

posted on Mar, 7 2016 @ 05:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: Meldionne1

I expect you'll be coming back to this thread when neither of those things happen to admit that you were wrong?

+2 more 
posted on Mar, 7 2016 @ 05:17 PM
link   
a reply to: Sublimecraft

I fail to understand how a person can be extradited to a country they have never set foot in.

This person is not subject to US Law.

This person has no reason to even know US Law.

This person is not a US citizen.

What right has the US to even suggest arresting the person.

Over reach much?

Just think about it for a while!

Is every person on this planet subject to US Law? How? Why?

Just stupid!

P

posted on Mar, 7 2016 @ 05:18 PM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

I wouldn't have a problem with declaring my support of this sentiment wrong.

Would you have a problem coming back to admit he is right if it does happen?

Looks like Romania originally told the US to step off:

The Timisoara Court of Appeal on Friday rejected the FBI’s extradition request for Romanian Marcel Lazar Lehel, a famous hacker known as Guccifer.

Romanian court rejects FBI’s extradition request for famous hacker Guccifer

I wonder what changed?

posted on Mar, 7 2016 @ 05:19 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

Says he would garden after reading her emails...
perhaps he buried some away for safe keeping.

Others perhaps he took to the market to sell.

I think there is some other reason he is coming here
than to gain notoriety, perhaps he will be given
limited immunity if he can "dig up" some dirt.

posted on Mar, 7 2016 @ 05:24 PM
link   
a reply to: Sublimecraft

NY Times - Presidential Candidates on the NSA:

Only one of the remaining candidates is against NSA spying (at least domestically) — Bernie Sanders. Read some of these quotes!

Trump:

“I assume when I pick up my telephone, people are listening to my conversations anyway, if you want to know the truth. It’s pretty sad commentary. But I err on the side of security.”

Rubio:

“Allowing any of these programs to expire is a mistake, but that’s what is happening as a consequence of the reckless spreading of misinformation and political posturing.”

Cruz has feigned rolling back surveillance but then he co-sponsored the Freedom Act which preserved the mass surveillance. Hillary supported the Patriot Act reauthorization but has advocated for "transparency" which means absolutely nothing.

posted on Mar, 7 2016 @ 05:32 PM
link   

I find the timing of this very interesting. Many believe an indictment will be handed down against Hillary Clinton (and possibly her aides) by April

Not holding my breathe.

I see another missing airliner that no one can explain 'vanishing'.

posted on Mar, 7 2016 @ 05:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: pheonix358

Is every person on this planet subject to US Law? How? Why?

According to the website he leaked to, it states he did not contest the extradition.

Hmm...maybe he is getting something in return?

Fom a Bucharest prison, Lazar said that he will waive extradition during a Court of Appeal hearing in two weeks. Six months after Lazar’s indictment on federal charges in June 2014, the U.S. Department of State filed an extradition request with the Romanian government.

U.S. officials are seeking to extradite him “right now, right on the spot,” said Lazar. Since he will not contest those efforts, Lazar added, he expects to be brought to the U.S. within the next few months. Lazar will face trial in federal court in Alexandria, Virginia, where he was indicted for fraud, obstruction of justice, cyberstalking, identity theft, and unauthorized access of a protected computer
www.thesmokinggun.com...

edit on 7-3-2016 by burntheships because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 7 2016 @ 05:40 PM
link   
a reply to: jadedANDcynical

I wouldn't have a problem with declaring my support of this sentiment wrong.

Would you have a problem coming back to admit he is right if it does happen?

I have no problem with doing so.

It's not that I put it above the US government to disappear people but he's been in custody for over 2 years, one of the embarrassed hackees was former Romanian Intelligence Service SRI Director George Maior. I'm guessing there's not a lot left that he could expose that would be worth killing him for.

posted on Mar, 7 2016 @ 05:44 PM
link   
CLinton is spinning her emails big time on this Fox News Town Hall.

The day Clinton quits American politics is the day the cess pool of Washington DC becomes a little less stenchy.

posted on Mar, 7 2016 @ 05:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen
I think he might have some emails that have been conveniently deleted by Hillary Inc.

He has bargaining chips in his pocket.

Thats exactly what i was thinking.

Although i hope he had the foresight to set an automated process that would automatically send the emails if he doesnt get a chance to reset the counter.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join