It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Alleister Crowley: Modern Magician

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 7 2016 @ 01:24 AM
link   

Mr.Crowley did you speak with the dead? Or was he a con-artist like his many detractors say? I for one think he may have indeed been a magus of the highest order but in the end demons both internal and external consumed him.His legacy and magick lives on though.Remember "Do What Thou Will Shall Be The Whole Of The Law."

PS: Digging Deeper:

posted on Mar, 7 2016 @ 06:01 AM
link   
there are tons of posts about him on ATS, his name pops up often enough, lots of different opinions and theories about the guy.
I grew up in Cefalu', and he had a house there, i actually managed to drag my girlfriend there last summer to finally take some pictures at the house, there has been an effort made to cover up the paintings that covered the walls, it's mostly painted green now, but the people that did it never covered up the entire drawings, so i wanted to keep some pictures just because i feel it's an important part of the history of our city.
I used to go to the house when i was a kid, with friends, you know, to go to a spooky place.
even last time i went, at the age of 31, that place still feels kinda...off.
the house and land around it is currently up for sale for the some ridiculous amount of money,
the city placed it in a sort of limbo:
"We don't want anything to do with this place, in fact we have put it up for sale"
but for that same price you can get a big villa right by the beach, so it's not exactly getting too many offers.

posted on Mar, 7 2016 @ 06:20 AM
link   
a reply to: mike dangerously

Pretty sure the dude was just a dork playing a sexy version of Dungeons and Dragons.

posted on Mar, 7 2016 @ 08:28 AM
link   

Crowley was accused of being a lot of things. Occultist, drug addict, socialite, secret agent, military stooge...

But what is true is he couldn't get enough of Drugs, free love and crazy ideas-one could argue that Crowley was a hippy before it was hip. But a magician? not IMO but that depends on your definition of magician.

posted on Mar, 7 2016 @ 06:03 PM
link   
a reply to: IShotMyLastMuse

You don't do those rituals without something being left behind.You've been to Thelema Abby? That's cool! I've heard stories about the place not being quite right.

posted on Mar, 7 2016 @ 06:04 PM
link   
a reply to: IridiumFlareMadness

We have reports of his magick system working so I don't think it was all D&D and S&M.

posted on Mar, 7 2016 @ 06:32 PM
link   

Boleskine House fire.
Wed 23 Dec 2015

THE onetime home of black witch Aleister Crowley – the self-confessed “most evil man in Britain” – has been virtually destroyed by a fire which ripped through the 18th-century Loch Ness-side mansion.

source

posted on Sep, 22 2016 @ 04:09 AM
link   
a reply to: mike dangerously Crowley was a trailblaizer for the emerging western occultism societies. This however doesn't make him "the big deal". He was practicing things he did not fully understand, got fanatic about storming in the new realms of magical power and thus lost many of his human and rational aspects. Crowley is a man of extremities, something every decent occultist should try get rid from himself and only his limitless drive and passion for the lore if the occult, mixed with the confusion of that time made him a legend.

posted on Sep, 22 2016 @ 06:06 AM
link   
a reply to: Thecakeisalie

Come on.. a magician was what he considered himself to be.

top topics

join