It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

It's Super Tuesday!

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 1 2016 @ 06:17 AM
link   
WOOHOO! Time to vote! I am so excited to see how the candidate that I personally endorse does! I am also wondering if Carson comes out from the bottom - very soft spoken but I would love to see him as Vice. Also I'm curious what happens with the Democratic voting today.

Here are the latest polls:
www.realclearpolitics.com...

And from Georgia:

www.wsbtv.com...

And remember - don't vote for this guy unless you want Obama 2.0:

Although I don't care if you do, I just had to throw that in there!

Are you voting? Who for (if you want to say)? Please share your voting experiences today! Are you going to any events that are hosted by your candidate? Let's talk about voting and Super Tuesday in this thread and look forward to the results together!

Here is one Live Steam by ABC News

abcnews.go.com...

Does anyone have any other live streams for today?
edit on 1-3-2016 by Kitana because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 1 2016 @ 06:28 AM
link   
a reply to: Kitana

I'm casting my vote today. I'm going Trump. There is a pretty large watch party this evening that is in my office building, so I'll go by there grab a brew and listen to the folks argue for a bit, and watch it In the news

ETA- AND PRAY THAT BILLARY DOES NOT GET MAJ. VOTES

posted on Mar, 1 2016 @ 06:32 AM
link   
So far 4x more republicans have turned out for early voting in TX. There will be some pissed off liberals tonight.

posted on Mar, 1 2016 @ 06:34 AM
link   
a reply to: ReadLeader

I'm going for Trump also. That's awesome your office building is having a party! Have a beer for me while your there!

It's looking according to the polls that Hillary has the major support going into this - but everything could change at the polls so it's a wait and see thing!

I'm really rooting for Trump to take Texas - I don't live there, but as it's Cruz's home state I think it would be too cool for Trump to take that. His poll numbers there have done nothing but go up in the last few months, so it will be close I think - but he has a chance to take it.

posted on Mar, 1 2016 @ 06:41 AM
link   
a reply to: avgguy

Republicans are on pace for a historic year. In Harris County, the state's largest county, he is expecting about 160,000 total votes for the Democratic primary and 265,000 for the Republican primary.

In conservative Williamson County, 31,745 Republican voters had submitted their ballots by the close of early voting, up from 16,303 in 2012 and 13,258 in 2008.

“We are pleased,” said Williamson County Republican Chair Bill Fairbrother. “We were hoping for high turnout, especially with hotly contested races at the local level and presidential, but for once the prediction appears to be coming true.”

www.texastribune.org...

Two thumbs up for Texans!

This is going to be a historic election everywhere for the republican party! We are turning over a new leaf, letting our voices be heard, and letting them know we are tired of the status quo!

posted on Mar, 1 2016 @ 07:05 AM
link   
I'm heading out in a few to Proudly Vote for Bernie Sanders! Get out there and Vote!

posted on Mar, 1 2016 @ 07:14 AM
link   
a reply to: ugmold

And that is what it's about! We vote for who we think both best represents us, and whose policies we think are best for our country and it's people. No matter what side you are on that is exactly what it's about. I am not a Sander's supporter, but I respect everyone who votes.

We will never have our voices heard if we don't vote today!

posted on Mar, 1 2016 @ 07:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: ugmold
I'm heading out in a few to Proudly Vote for Bernie Sanders! Get out there and Vote!

posted on Mar, 1 2016 @ 07:35 AM
link   
Today trump and Clinton will add to their leads.
It's inevitable I'm afraid.

posted on Mar, 1 2016 @ 07:36 AM
link   
As a naturalized citizen and maybe be first time voting and never seen the ballot. Do we have an option that says Other:___?

If we do, I am voting on myself

In reality, I would vote for nobody because they all are saleing words and ideas, while buying more strings to support their plastic fantastic lifestyle.

posted on Mar, 1 2016 @ 07:51 AM
link   
a reply to: luciferslight

Many districts offer a place at the bottom of the ballot where people can write in the name of a candidate who is not listed on the ballot. So, if your district has that, then yes you can conceivably write in your own name.

posted on Mar, 1 2016 @ 08:03 AM
link   

The Lion's about to tear the # out of the GOP jackals today

edit on 1-3-2016 by EightTF3 because: (no reason given)

edit on 1-3-2016 by EightTF3 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 1 2016 @ 08:04 AM
link   

The most fun I've had has been watching the pundits on tv eat their words and stumble about as Trump continues to climb in delegates.

The Clinton/Sanders drama will play out one way or the other. Both are vile choices, in my opinion, but there really isn't a great choice at all this cycle.

Elections are for the young, maybe. Or I'm just getting too old and cynical.

posted on Mar, 1 2016 @ 08:05 AM
link   
Yay.
We get screwed, it doesn't matter who wins.
Super!

posted on Mar, 1 2016 @ 08:10 AM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

Sounds like cynicism to me - which can be linked to age and experience! I am totally excited with this election. I like Trump, the policies he is proposing sound great. He has a few draw backs such as the government having the power to take land (my mind just went blank in search of that word!) but the plus's are immigration and tax policies among others. In my opinion he is the best choice, even taking those things into consideration. Perhaps I am too young to be cynical.

posted on Mar, 1 2016 @ 08:11 AM
link   
Pre election 'polling' used to be illegal. Unduly influences peoples selection process.

posted on Mar, 1 2016 @ 08:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr

Pre election 'polling' used to be illegal. Unduly influences peoples selection process.

Yes.
Even if the voting meant anything today, what chance do the voters in other states have when their primary elections are held after it all gets decided today?

posted on Mar, 1 2016 @ 08:14 AM
link   
a reply to: EightTF3

I see the link now! That is an excellent mantra for the day!

posted on Mar, 1 2016 @ 08:19 AM
link   

The only candidate I honestly like and will vote for is Carson. I think Trump will get the nomination and I agree with him on some things, but not all.

Eminent Domain is the term I think you were referring to.

Enjoy the day.

posted on Mar, 1 2016 @ 08:19 AM
link   
a reply to: butcherguy

There are 2,340 total delegates in the republican primary. Today only decides just over 500 of them, and some delegates have already been appointed in states who held primaries prior to today. This will NOT decide the race, what this does, is show who is the most likely to win the nomination, because it shows what candidate a wide range of voters stand behind. Not just south north east and west, but a solid sampling of all areas!

<<   2  3  4 >>

join