It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Calais Jungle Being Demolished And Britain Votes In Or Out In June.

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 2 2016 @ 05:19 PM
link   
a reply to: purplemer

They are not actually building homes for them though, most of them stay in temporary camps, that whilst they have all of the facilities that they need, medical care, food, shelter, sanitation etc they are more like tent cities, which is fine in that region from a climate point of view.

I truly wish that we could just build houses and give them to everyone that needs them, whether they are refugees or people that currently live in the country, sadly that isn't going to happen in reality. Yes, in an ideal world it would, but we don't live in an ideal world unfortunately and I think it is far better to make the most of a bad situation rather than create a plethora of other problems.

Oh for a perfect world

posted on Mar, 3 2016 @ 01:36 AM
link   
a reply to: Wide-Eyes

Sorry for not making myself clear. I'm thinking about too many things at once.

The more short videos the better. A video telling one side of the story can be counteracted by one telling the other. In this way we can make assessments.

Can I ask you to go to 9:00 in this video to see an alternative way of policing. I personally did not go to Stonehenge that year because major trouble seemed inevitable.

Similarly ripping down a border and throwing stones at police will inevitably lead to major trouble. It is a choice made with free will.

Among the people at the battle shown in this video was a man trained in escape and evasion. He followed his training. He and his partner hid in a ditch. He pushed her under the brambles and crawled in behind her. They waited till two in the morning then crept away. That is how you successfully deal with a horde of police determined to prevent you from progressing further.

The point of linking this video is to compare different types of policing. The people attempting to get to Stonehenge and the people attempting to cross a border did the same thing. They went as a group to fight the system by facing the system's control mechanism. There are alternatives that don't lead to the risk of children being crushed in a stampede.

9:00 to compare different styles of policing.

The reason for looking at historical events is to learn from them. It became clear the Battle of the Beanfield was a planned event in which the police were manipulated into using extreme violence. Specifically they were told the leading vehicle had just run down and killed two policemen. They thought they were avenging the murder of their colleagues. They only found out afterwards they'd been lied to. I've recently discovered that a friend was warned six months before by a police sergeant in his martial arts class not to go to Stonehenge because The Convoy was going to be destroyed. It was a carefully planned and manipulated event.

Now with all the cameras and social media it all has to be a bit tamer. Tear gas doesn't usually fracture skulls the way excessive baton use does. Unless you get hit in the face at close range with a canister.

My intent altogether is to reduce the violence. My interpretation of your post is you provided some videos to learn from. I agree it's a mess.

The effort put into building shelters only to see them destroyed must be playing on the minds of the shelter builders.

One good thing that has come out of this is a boost in the number of people designing flat pack homes for the homeless. As an ex-homeless myself, I approve this development.
edit on 3 3 2016 by Kester because: add word

posted on Mar, 3 2016 @ 01:54 AM
link   
Fire and Ice at the Calais camp eviction.

<< 1  2   >>

join