It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bow hunters and enthusiast's I present to you the Crosman pioneer air bow

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 29 2016 @ 06:59 AM
link   
The Pioneer Airbow from Benjamin is an all-new category of big game weapon featuring full length arrows and full weight broadheads, all driven by air. Based on Benjamin’s proven American-made PCP platform, the Pioneer can be cocked with two fingers (and decocked just as easily), fires 8 shots in the same amount of time it takes to fire three from a crossbow, all up to a blazing 450 FPS / 160 FPE.

At 33.5" in length and just 2" wide, no crossbow can match the maneuverability of the Pioneer.The ambidextrous top cocking bolt can be easily operated with two fingers and is also used to de-cock the weapon, making it particularly easy to use in tree stands and ideal for archery enthusiasts who can no long draw a bow or pull a cocking rope.

Link to website

I'm not going to say much about this other than this thing is totally badass in a ninja assassin kinda way and that in one of the vids it drops a buffalo in two shots. I encourage you to check out the site and the vids you will find there.

posted on Feb, 29 2016 @ 07:07 AM
link   
a reply to: RainbowPhoenix

Ummm...real nice...I'll take one.....nah... Better make that two...

YouSir

posted on Feb, 29 2016 @ 07:12 AM
link   
$900 for the "bow" which is actually an air rifle that shoots arrows.
$100 EACH for the arrows.
$430 for the charging system.

You can get a damn good bow for much less. This is just a gimmick.

posted on Feb, 29 2016 @ 07:14 AM
link   
a reply to: DAVID64

Ummm...But a gimmick that these arthritis hands might just appreciate...

YouSir

posted on Feb, 29 2016 @ 07:15 AM
link   

That's an interesting bit of equipment.

It's not a bow in the strict sense of the word, but an air gun. That being said, I saw a YouTube video of this in operation, and it appears to do what is necessary for hunting purposes.

posted on Feb, 29 2016 @ 07:18 AM
link   
I want that.357 bb gun for big game hunting they sell.

posted on Feb, 29 2016 @ 07:19 AM
link   

I guarantee it's not $100 each for the arrows. There are 6 pictured. But still.... cool, but no thanks.

posted on Feb, 29 2016 @ 07:19 AM
link   
Please don't take this the wrong way but not all of us view cost as a restrictive quality. This thing is great for someone like YouSir who may be affected by arthritis yet still feels the urge to get out and hunt or target shoot. It may be a gimmick but it's a gimmick that will drop a buffalo.

edit on 29-2-2016 by RainbowPhoenix because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 29 2016 @ 07:24 AM
link   
a reply to: YouSir

Then I suggest this. Much better range, take down power and a Hell of a lot cheaper. And I'm betting much more reliable.

Remington 700 bolt action

posted on Feb, 29 2016 @ 07:27 AM
link   
Of course you went straight to a gun as your alternative. May I remind you that not all US citizens are allowed to buy, own or even possess a firearm so bow hunting may be the only available option left.

posted on Feb, 29 2016 @ 07:34 AM
link   
Cool first I have even heard of this creature ...yt clip

posted on Feb, 29 2016 @ 07:35 AM
link   

Ummm...I already have a 308 sniper...err...varmint...when I'm not handling the 45/70...or the 30aught6...

I've just been meaning to add a crossbow...yet would need one with an auto crank...this eliminates that need as well...

YouSir

posted on Feb, 29 2016 @ 07:44 AM
link   
Cool add thanks, I like the break down option in the one you presented. a reply to: the2ofusr1

posted on Feb, 29 2016 @ 07:48 AM
link   

I have a PSE 50lb. recurve that I bought for 150 bucks does great for bowfishing or for big game.

Total waste of money unless you just want a fancy rifle/bow with more moving parts to break and 100 dollar a peice arrows? Man, I'd hate to lose even one of those and losing arrows is something that unfortunately happens to even the best archers.

still pretty cool, it would just have to come waaayyyy down in price before I ever considered getting one.

posted on Feb, 29 2016 @ 07:59 AM
link   
a reply to: Cancerwarrior

It would be a nice quiet way of getting that deer in the back yard that keeps chewing up my neighbours garden .Reg- bows are a little clumsy and you have to use a large area to work them . The air bow would allow you hide better and even shoot from a tree where without making a place to stand and clearance for the bow its limits the hunt .Try laying down and firing the re-curve .....Oh thats right ....This is a different weapon .....a recurve is different from a compound or a cross bow .

posted on Feb, 29 2016 @ 08:46 AM
link   
a reply to: the2ofusr1

Reg- bows are a little clumsy and you have to use a large area to work them . The air bow would allow you hide better and even shoot from a tree where without making a place to stand and clearance for the bow its limits the hunt .Try laying down and firing the re-curve .....Oh thats right ....This is a different weapon .....a recurve is different from a compound or a cross bow .

True it is a different weapon, but I was just merely making the observation that my recurve does the same thing for much cheaper. I've hit deer and broke ribs entering and exiting with a 50lb. 200 ft/sec 5 dollar carbon arrow.

I always hunt deer in a stand above the ground, so laying prone to shoot one is never needed. Sometimes its tricky to stand up to shoot without spooking the deer though. Part of the sport I say.

But in all honesty, if I spend that much money on a rifle, it better shoot bullets not arrows.

posted on Feb, 29 2016 @ 09:01 AM
link   

i wonder how DEFRA(*) will classify it ?

(*) DEFRA = a UK government agency that controls what weapons can be legally used for hunting

currently - hunting any wild animal with a bow or crossbow is illegal

posted on Feb, 29 2016 @ 09:01 AM
link   
Seems to be much quieter than the air rifle versions which would be it's greatest advantage imo. Not much more noise than a recurve bow. Great stealth weapon. Like most of the cool toys it's too expensive for me to play with.

posted on Feb, 29 2016 @ 09:06 AM
link   
Those crossbows and supplies are so expensive. I'll stick to having a gun to hunt and practice with. Just think how expensive it is to lose an arrow when hunting. You might as well go to the store and buy your meat.

posted on Feb, 29 2016 @ 09:23 AM
link   
a reply to: ignorant_ape

DEFRA = a UK government agency that controls what weapons can be legally used for hunting

currently - hunting any wild animal with a bow or crossbow is illegal

I don't even know what to say to this...man you poor bastards in the UK are already living a overly restrictive nanny state. With the growing refugee problem over there and the restrictive laws on owning/using weapons (which seem to include self defense items like pepper spray) I'd absolutely hate to be a citizen in the UK.
edit on 29-2-2016 by RainbowPhoenix because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join