It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is motion time travel?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 27 2016 @ 10:53 PM
link   
a reply to: zazzafrazz

Two different topics really.

They are different perspectives they may not work together but they should be explored equally as viable possibilities if we are to keep a more intelligent perspective.

posted on Feb, 27 2016 @ 10:53 PM
link   
a reply to: onequestion

Science may actually be a manifestation instead of a discovery.

It's neither.
It's a process, a procedure. A method of analysis. A tool. Just like mathematics.

edit on 2/27/2016 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 27 2016 @ 10:55 PM
link   
a reply to: Tuomptonite

Oh I forgot to finish.

Maybe in last civilizations we utilized a different set of technology with a different manifestation of science and technology?

posted on Feb, 27 2016 @ 10:55 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

Ok the results of science... How about that?

posted on Feb, 27 2016 @ 10:57 PM
link   
Results of science?

You mean like computers, and smart phones, and the internet?

posted on Feb, 27 2016 @ 10:58 PM
link   

Yes the act of the discovery...

posted on Feb, 27 2016 @ 11:00 PM
link   

Don't bring us into a rabbit hole of discussing what the actual meaning and definition of the scientific process is and means because I've been down that rabbit hole with you before.

posted on Feb, 27 2016 @ 11:00 PM
link   

Heh he's good at making you question your own reasoning huh?
I understand what you mean I'm sure he does too...
What a stickler...
Don't get me wrong I like that about you Phage...

posted on Feb, 27 2016 @ 11:01 PM
link   
a reply to: 5StarOracle

Me and phage like to debate for some reason.

We've been going back and forth for a while now. I do enjoy it at times.

posted on Feb, 27 2016 @ 11:24 PM
link   

Time is relative phage took time relative to him to decribe the dimensions known as his vechile that occupies what he calls his space or garage.

Phage is your car red or blue and well is the shift is automatic or manual? Oh never mind this is neither the time nor the space as that's a general topic not relative to conversation but a tangent against a segment where both intersect... or 1/8 plus 1/8 equals a fraction to spiral or kick the ol football around between topics but 1/4 cannot equal the whole, as it is just an envelope of delivery... not all gifts or deliveries are wanted or received properly but some are now the intersection is at the halfway point in transit, are we talking about cars or math now?

Topic has shifted but has the thread drifted? Either way either this one is sown up tight... well laces out and now time to kick it into the wild blue yonder.

posted on Feb, 28 2016 @ 12:30 AM
link   

Change of state. That is what physical motion is (although they are not mutually exclusive).

Time is also a measurement of changes of state.

Since things are always changing states, then it would seem that time and physical change/movement are intertwined. But not the same thing.

posted on Feb, 28 2016 @ 12:35 AM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

Does the fact that they are both measurements in changes of state mean they are connected or related in some way?

posted on Feb, 28 2016 @ 12:43 AM
link   

From where we are currently, one requires the other. You cannot do this, then that, without having the "then" in there. And "then" implies time, as first then second has an order.

From a perspective outside of our 3d existence...maybe not. Perhaps time and space exist in a complex, 4d construct. You can choose to go to a place/time within the full range of what exists using coordinates that would put you in, say, Spain in 1722.

Who knows...we are kind of locked into observing only what we exist within.

In theory it should be possible that something could be completely still for at least a period in time. Would it have inner movement among its atoms? That is a change in state. Interacting with the surroundings (gravity, EM, etc)? Another change in state. So Im not sure it is possible to completely halt the state changes in an location, beyond perhaps a black hole.

posted on Feb, 28 2016 @ 02:15 AM
link   

Even if something is completely immobile you still need time to define it, otherwise how would you know it's still if you don't observe it from interval a to b
edit on 28-2-2016 by Indigent because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 28 2016 @ 02:44 AM
link   

So time implys that there is motion and vice versa?

That's hard to wrap my head around.

posted on Feb, 28 2016 @ 03:16 AM
link   

Gravity is a large standing wave that brings all states of matter into equilibrium.

It forms moons from rings, then into proto planets, to then be refined into the solar furnace. Sunspots are the large bodies that formed close to a solar bodies birth that got reabsorbed... as these planets that gravity has sorted hit the goldy locks zone the elements if suitable for life? Bear it.

If a gas giant such as Jupiter reaches a certain zone it ignites... Into another solar body... The dying star after it has compacted all it can for fuel. Either forms a black hole, novas, etc.

This on a small scale is the local solar system, on a larger scale a galaxy... black holes can tell us much about what state of matter caused it's formation.

The essence of completion for gravity, is the elements... all they have left to do is swap charges with the unconglomerated mass... the light and heat with the core is what powers the whole, there isn't a specific directional pole per say... but the rotation is based on an elemental balance that causes rotation on its axis... If closer to mass equilibrium it will rotate the same as the solar body... If more liquid like Neptune? It will rotate towards the solar body, as water is more effected by the gravity wave than solid masses. Like the moon's gravity causing the tides from a gravity bulge over the ocean... so naturally Neptune doesn't spin the same.

We didn't ever really need to wait for what Einstein suggested to detect gravity waves now did we? As the moon and Neptune are evidence it exists as a wave.

All we do is surf along, like a blue/green gem stone in an ultrasonic cleaner after it's been dug up, polishing it up or not is our choice. But we are more like a bio hazard clinging to a small fragment of what's really precious... life. It's sad much life has fallen in the pursuit of control and domination instead of peace and co-operation that silly hate and greed has kept us from with blatant lies, repression etc. has when truth is what really sets us free, and law will keep us there, until sorted out... Animal or nature... both have gravity of a grave nature when we keep dragging so much baggage we really have no claim too.

posted on Feb, 28 2016 @ 03:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: onequestion

So time implys that there is motion and vice versa?

That's hard to wrap my head around.

Time doesn't imply motion it is a way to measure sequences as they occur. You have past present and future and these just allow science to put events into a sequence as they occurred or will occur. Now dealing with relativity what it showed us is that not all observers agree on the sequence of events. What could be one observers past could be in another's future. What Einstein showed us is time isn't the same from everywhere as far as events go. For example we could have our sun blow up for us bein on earth we would find out in about 6 minutes. However if I was on the other side of the galaxy lots of events will occur before I see the earthe sun blow up. From these two points of view the sequence of events occur at different times.

posted on Feb, 28 2016 @ 03:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan

From where we are currently, one requires the other. You cannot do this, then that, without having the "then" in there. And "then" implies time, as first then second has an order.

From a perspective outside of our 3d existence...maybe not. Perhaps time and space exist in a complex, 4d construct. You can choose to go to a place/time within the full range of what exists using coordinates that would put you in, say, Spain in 1722.

Who knows...we are kind of locked into observing only what we exist within.

In theory it should be possible that something could be completely still for at least a period in time. Would it have inner movement among its atoms? That is a change in state. Interacting with the surroundings (gravity, EM, etc)? Another change in state. So Im not sure it is possible to completely halt the state changes in an location, beyond perhaps a black hole.

I don't believe it's possible for anything to be completely still because you would never have a valid frame of refrence. Anything in the universe would seem to be moving from every frame of refrence. And worse the observer couldn't even tell if they are moving or not case in point the earth is spinning it also revolves around the sun and at the same time the sun is hurtling through our galaxy. Do you feel like your moving??

posted on Feb, 28 2016 @ 04:10 AM
link   
a reply to: dragonridr

Not many people are aware the earth spins at about 1000 miles per hour. Imagine being in a ship or plane and hitting that gravity lift spot found in the ocean as the moon passes over at its closest and highest point on the ocean.

Once outside of the earths magnetic field? Holy frijoles... any idea how fast solar "wind" moves? Lol yeah... It just gets faster and faster propelling the particulate at near light speed.

Without shielding though... moving in and out of it makes that same particulate into deadly missiles that would breach hulls... not to mention if you smacked into something large moving in or out of one... so viewing screens are much safer to not be the proverbial bug on the wrong side of the wind sheild.

Ps I before e except after C my ass.

posted on Feb, 28 2016 @ 04:12 AM
link   
a reply to: dragonridr

I can't tell if I feel like I'm moving.

Make sense?

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join