It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is motion time travel?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 27 2016 @ 07:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: onequestion
a reply to: Phage

Hmm. Yeah that is metaphorical.

And useful.

posted on Feb, 27 2016 @ 07:34 PM
link   

I agree it is useful.

posted on Feb, 27 2016 @ 07:36 PM
link   
a reply to: VoidHawk

That's exactly what I'm eluding too.

If by moving you also have to experience time doesn't that seem to mean that they are connected somehow, if not the same thing?

posted on Feb, 27 2016 @ 07:38 PM
link   
a reply to: onequestion

Connected? certainly

The same thing? most definitely not

posted on Feb, 27 2016 @ 07:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: onequestion
a reply to: VoidHawk

That's exactly what I'm eluding too.

If by moving you also have to experience time doesn't that seem to mean that they are connected somehow, if not the same thing?

Yes. By definition movement is change in location in time. Time and motion are inextricably related. Miles per second. Change in location per time period.

But as far as the effect on time goes, it depends on your point of view. No matter how you move, from your perspective time proceeds at the same "rate." That doesn't change.

edit on 2/27/2016 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 27 2016 @ 07:50 PM
link   
We are always traveling forward through time...
None of us are motionless even when standing still as we are still travelling through space...
Gravity is what holds the constructs of time in check the only way to travel time is to alter gravity and pull gravity and time toward your location...for this you could be motionless even...for you could pull them to your center.
So I would have to conclude you do not have to move to travel through time. But time itself would have to move...
edit on 27-2-2016 by 5StarOracle because: word

posted on Feb, 27 2016 @ 07:56 PM
link   
a reply to: onequestion

If time is the experience of motion, or cycles more specifically, then travel being motion, is the very epitome of time travel, relatively speaking....

posted on Feb, 27 2016 @ 07:56 PM
link   
10-4 good buddy... much the same way time laspse caputures frame after frame. Frame of reference can be at any single frame... but it gets called memory.

Our energy in moving about leaves trails in its worming and winding around. Our crossing our trail time and time again in the conceptual... with a conception of concept as real by the name and form we give it, is a hallmark we each have a personal idenifier or ID for... are you your name? Are you your form? Nope, although thats what concept has given birth too, a name for others to retrive and recall or control or complete a memory...

But in essence, beyond concept there is no time... cease to grasp through all dualistic polarities and we enter the neutral or state of neutrinos.

Sinatra... fly me to the moon and... sorry I meant sianara

posted on Feb, 27 2016 @ 08:00 PM
link   
Our application of time is:
of past present and future...is this time? We imply the movement or passing of time, but flux is the movement of an object and is it a "matter" of time.

With the movement of time, Relative to what does it move? Other types of motion relate one physical process to another, the putative flow of time relates to only time itself, Posing the simple question, "how does time pass?" The Fact that time can be treated as a fourth dimension does not mean it is identical to the 3 dimensions of space.

Time and Space enter into experience and physical theory in distinct ways. For example to formula for calculating space time distances is not the same as calculating spacial distances.

THE DISTINCTION BETWEEN SPACE TIME UNDERPINS THE KEY NOTION OF CAUSALITY, STOPPING CAUSE AND EFFECT FROM BEING HOPELESSLY JUMBLED. On the other hand other physicists believe on the smallest scale of size and duration, space and time may lose their separate identities

The most starightforward conculsion is that past and future are indeed fixed, for this reason Physicists prefer to see time as laid out in its entirety, a time scape.....with all past and future events located there together

Fixed timescape:

Imagine if you walk into a art galley and you notice a couple of pictures from ancient greece.
You then return to the gallery and notice other pictures from the renaissance,
Another trip and you notice the floor is carpet and the ceiling is white. another trip and you modern art on the other walls...and so on. We have different experiences of it, but the room and all thats in it is always there.
Its our experiencing the different aspects of the room that makes us experience time. And so the 3rd dimension is always here, and we come in and out we experience time through different moments, different things, but the 'room' was always there.
issuu.com...

edit on 27-2-2016 by zazzafrazz because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 27 2016 @ 08:02 PM
link   
a reply to: zazzafrazz

but the 'room' was always there.

No matter where (or when) you go; there you are.

posted on Feb, 27 2016 @ 08:03 PM
link   

Time throws me, to be in flux it requires matter, so for time to past, we have to consider it an object.
That makes no sense.

posted on Feb, 27 2016 @ 08:04 PM
link   
If it wasn't for time, everything would happen at once.

I didn't make that up.

posted on Feb, 27 2016 @ 08:05 PM
link   

So that takes us back to is time fixed? and is it our observance of it that allows for the passage of time

edit on 27-2-2016 by zazzafrazz because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 27 2016 @ 08:10 PM
link   
Hmm. No. Too egocentric.
No. Things happened before I observed any of it in any manner. Grateful for that, actually.

edit on 2/27/2016 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 27 2016 @ 08:14 PM
link   

Too egocentric

Isn't all self awareness?

Anyway, time vexes me. Goodnight.

posted on Feb, 27 2016 @ 08:17 PM
link   

Anyway, time vexes me. Goodnight.

What the hell are you talking about? It's mid-afternoon.

posted on Feb, 27 2016 @ 08:29 PM
link   

In your egocentric observance of time yet it is afternoon

posted on Feb, 27 2016 @ 08:30 PM
link   

No.
The location of the Sun tells me that.
The Sun has not set, it is not night.

posted on Feb, 27 2016 @ 08:35 PM
link   
a reply to: 5StarOracle

My question is, is it the same thing or are the separate entities?

posted on Feb, 27 2016 @ 08:37 PM
link   

Oh I get it. Time remains the same while your speed changes.

Makes sense.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join