It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

‘Super lice’ outbreak hits 25 states

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 27 2016 @ 11:01 PM
link   
a reply to: Staroth

Here ya go.
www.airalle.com...

You're right though. It's one of those profit deals.

edit on 2/27/2016 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 28 2016 @ 12:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: everyone

originally posted by: Phage
a reply to: everyone

Actually, the idea of using dry heat has been around for a while.
Applying it to a living head...

Yet the FDA just happens to have this new method which apparently is nothing new at all just aproved just in time for this new outbreak with this new lice called super lice for which there is this super new, just super improved treatment for on the market for the low price of only $170. Call me paranoid but its not as if this sort of practice is new to the world and certaintly not if you look at the top folks running the FDA.

Knowing these things and knowing how corrupt (totally corrupt) the FDA truly is, I would even bet that someone, some company conspired with FDA people to bring this about. Even in creating the super lice strain to "test" and then have this conveniently approved treatment all ready to go. If there is a sudden just approved treatment, then the new lice strain must also share in that as well.. Just a theory, but stranger than that has been true in the past as far as FDA corruption goes..

posted on Feb, 28 2016 @ 01:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: Stormdancer777

originally posted by: Informer1958
Cheap solution shave off hair, no more lice.

true, if you are male

Yeah f*ck that, I have been growing my hair for years and it's my pride and joy. If I had to shave it off it would be a very... Very bad day for anybody nearby.

posted on Feb, 28 2016 @ 03:33 AM
link   
Not too long ago my kids got sent to me from their mum with lice, of course she didn't tell me, I had to find out from the kids... But anyway, I have a son and a daughter... My son had very short hair, easy solution, shave it off, problem solved there... My daughter wasn't so lucky as she has very long thick black hair! I used conditioner while she was in the bath and a really good nit comb! Make sure it says it removes eggs! I went over her hair and rinsed the comb in the sink each stroke, using an old toothbrush to get out the eggs, you don't want to redeposit them.

It took some time and effort, I kept going round her head in sections until I didn't see anything else on the comb... But it worked! I later found out my ex had used chemicals twice to no avail... Ugh...

posted on Feb, 28 2016 @ 05:17 AM
link   
a reply to: MOMof3

Yes thatd correct,Tea Tree oil works very well.My daughters used to get lice in their schools,and a TT-based treatment worked well.My older daughter found colouring her hair with permanent(grow out as opposed to wash out colouings) worked for her.I suggested she give it a try,as i colour my hair once,sometimes twice a month,and even with all the school lice brought home,i never got lice.We normally used Clairol.

posted on Feb, 29 2016 @ 01:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: ausername

a reply to: xuenchen

In this day and age of medical advancement, why does this happen?

It's called evolution.

It's the same principle as antibiotic resistant bacteria.

One day, perhaps sooner than later a treatment resistant superbug will adapt, mutate (evolve) enough to become a real extinction level event.

Is this a joke? How did live manage so long before we invented treatments I wonder?

posted on Feb, 29 2016 @ 03:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: ilikebooze

originally posted by: MystikMushroom

Honestly, when I saw it was you who posted this? I half expected your thread to be how the Democrats or Obama somehow conspired to send "super lice" to Trump in an attempt to cause scratching and mess up his hair or something. LOL LOL LOL.

On to lice...

I can remember in school the dread and terror we'd all feel as kids when someone got sent home with lice. They'd instantly become a social pariah overnight. NO ONE wanted to get lice. Kids who normally weren't that clean acted as if ebola had been released in the classroom.

My mother taught 4th grade for 20+ years, and apparently it still makes the rounds every now and then...pink eye too, that was another nasty one no one wanted to get.

Those and the dreaded cold sores.

"Cold Sores" can be avoided by just not licking other people's herpes though. We're all aware that "cold sores" are a euphemism for "oral herpes", right?

posted on Feb, 29 2016 @ 05:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: Stormdancer777

originally posted by: Informer1958
Cheap solution shave off hair, no more lice.

true, if you are male

Well it's true and works for girls/women as well

Love and light
Sat Nam

posted on Feb, 29 2016 @ 10:00 PM
link   

In this day and age of medical advancement, why does this happen?

It's called evolution.
It's the same principle as antibiotic resistant bacteria.

Does this mean that we will easily resist climate change ?

posted on Mar, 1 2016 @ 05:46 AM
link   
a reply to: Metallicus

Yep. Kerosene. That's what my mom said her mom used when the kids brought home lice from school. Soak hair with kerosene and wrap in a towel for an hour or more then shampoo well. Problem instantly solved and no ill effects for the kids. All lived to ripe old age.

Of course stay away from open flame. That would kill the lice too, but...

posted on Mar, 1 2016 @ 04:23 PM
link   
juust shave. hair if the most overated thing on humans.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join