It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Former Mexican President Vicente Fox to Trump: We're "Not Paying For That F***ing Wall"

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 25 2016 @ 03:28 PM
link   
a reply to: EmmanuelGoldstein

Former Mexican President Vicente Fox to Trump: We're "Not Paying For That F***ing Wall"

Who in there right mind would have ever taken that comment seriously?

Well that comment gives me some insight as to why Mexico is in the shape they are now.

posted on Feb, 25 2016 @ 03:33 PM
link   
a reply to: MrSpad

I don't think we will actually ever get to find out if Trump would or wouldn't push for this.

He's not going to make to the oval office.
Yes, people will be pissed, but they'll have to get over it.

If by chance somehow he does make it to the white house, the wall will be the last thing on our minds.

Bug out bags and sea worthy kayaks will be all the rage

posted on Feb, 25 2016 @ 03:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: tsurfer2000h

Who in there right mind would have ever taken that comment seriously?

Don't know, if I had to guess... Hillary's campaign strategists?

posted on Feb, 25 2016 @ 03:35 PM
link   
a reply to: tsurfer2000h

Take which comment seriously??? Trumps comment that we're going to build a wall and make Mexico pay for it??? That quote??

By the looks of it, I'd say a whole sh*t load of people have taken that comment seriously. He's got crowds of people cheering for him every time he says it.

posted on Feb, 25 2016 @ 03:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: introvert
a reply to: matafuchs

That makes no sense. You just said that we would still have to pay for it.

with the offset of not supporting those who are here illegally it should work.

Actually mexico would pay for it by lost revenue du e to western union and others losing customers being deported from santuary cities.

Or we could fine mexico for each illegal crossing over an d have th e UN mandate they pay for each illegal who crosses the border.

posted on Feb, 25 2016 @ 03:51 PM
link   
a reply to: mOjOm

Take which comment seriously??? Trumps comment that we're going to build a wall and make Mexico pay for it??? That quote??

Both, because if you actually believe he could do it, how can you be taken seriously.

And even commenting on his comments I would have to wonder how he could be taken seriously.

By the looks of it, I'd say a whole sh*t load of people have taken that comment seriously.

Don't you think if anyone believes this could happen it would have been asked how he would do it at the debates?

And those who took it seriously really needs to have their head examined IMO.

He's got crowds of people cheering for him every time he says it.

They are cheering for him, but there are many other reasons why that trump building a wall and making Mexico pay for it.

posted on Feb, 25 2016 @ 03:53 PM
link   
a reply to: EmmanuelGoldstein

They'll pay for it when NAFTA is torn up and the nearly $30 Billion trade deficit it caused America to suffer in lost wealth to Mexico ceases.

posted on Feb, 25 2016 @ 04:02 PM
link   
a reply to: yuppa

Actually mexico would pay for it by lost revenue du e to western union and others losing customers being deported from santuary cities.

Western Union fees are paid by the person sending the money. So it would affect US stores the most. That means Western Union would be paying, not Mexico.

Also, Western Unions are ran by small business owners that become agents to provide that service. So we can conclude that US small business owners would pay for the wall.

Or we could fine mexico for each illegal crossing over an d have th e UN mandate they pay for each illegal who crosses the border.

You're joking, right?
edit on 25-2-2016 by introvert because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 25 2016 @ 04:07 PM
link   
Yeah they aren't paying for the wall.....but they'll be thrilled to supply the cheap labour that builds it....

posted on Feb, 25 2016 @ 04:11 PM
link   
a reply to: matafuchs

I lost it on that video!

posted on Feb, 25 2016 @ 04:14 PM
link   
a reply to: mOjOm

So much truth in your post. Synthetic drugs like meth and crack are also a dangerous result of prohibition, its known that many doctors are functioning addicts and the same goes for many wealthy people, they function because they do not have to steal or prostitute themself for a high and can afford to maintain the high,and still look good and function, poor people addicted have to go partially cold turkey when they cant supply themself with their drugs and get redrawl symptoms and when they do get hands on drugs
again the fysical and psychic reactions are violent and causes all sorts of damage to their surroundings and themselfe.
easy acces to cheap drugs will make drug users largely blend in to the sober public.

posted on Feb, 25 2016 @ 04:39 PM
link   
a reply to: introvert

No i was not joking about fining mexico for each illegal caught and deported back. the Mexican government can b e directly linked to it with information and even classes on how to cross the border.

So yes the UN can pass resolutions to penalize mexico monetarily for each infraction.

And really the Western union would not go out of business from lost revenue. WHy should they profit off of illegal aliens? its liek a robber giving a "victim" money to stay quiet. its not legal to accept money from a criminal and illegals are criminals under the law.

posted on Feb, 25 2016 @ 04:49 PM
link   

So yes the UN can pass resolutions to penalize mexico monetarily for each infraction.

Where does it state the UN has that sort of power? What if Mexico refuses to pay?

Also, if it's that simple, why haven't they done that previously?

And really the Western union would not go out of business from lost revenue. WHy should they profit off of illegal aliens? its liek a robber giving a "victim" money to stay quiet. its not legal to accept money from a criminal and illegals are criminals under the law.

Does Western Union ask each individual if they are a legal citizen when someone wishes to use their services?

posted on Feb, 25 2016 @ 04:54 PM
link   
a reply to: tsurfer2000h

I totally agree with you. But it seems like there are a whole lot of people in this country that absolutely love a good bullsh*tter who tells them tall tales about how great and powerful we'll be and how Trump is the guy to get ya there.

They don't seem to care about the details. They just want to hear what they want to hear and their cool with it. Especially from someone who says it with confidence and double downs on it when challenged. Facts and reality be damned it doesn't matter.

He tells people "Ya I'm going to round up all the illegals and send them back home." No details on the hell he plans to do it or anything else and people totally bought that. It's almost like their under hypnosis or something. Even he points it out saying he could shoot someone in the middle of the street with everyone watching and still his followers won't care. I think he might be right too. They don't give a damn as long as he keeps saying what they want to hear.

posted on Feb, 25 2016 @ 05:03 PM
link   
a reply to: Curious69

Well people are maintained with drugs already of so many kinds anyway. But in a way your right. There are just certain accepted drugs which you're allowed to use and others you're not. Ideally you'd want to be able to maintain without anything as they are all a crutch of some kind. But people maintain a perfectly acceptable alcohol addiction for their whole lives and are still perfectly accepted for it. They have a little mishap now and then but it's cool, everyone understands and life goes on. I know because my father did it for like 40 years. Worked every day and was like anyone else but drank from the minute he was home until he went to sleep every single day.

But even besides all that. It's just the only option. This isn't really the thread to talk about it, but anyone can just look at what has resulted from what we've been doing and see that it's made it worse not better. It's impossible not to see what it is. It's just that there is a whole lot of vested interest in keeping it that way because it is making people rich and powerful. Who at this point are literally in charge of society. It's just a gov. sanctioned and approved organized crime drug cartel. They get rich while everyone else suffers for it.

posted on Feb, 25 2016 @ 05:08 PM
link   

The UN CAN make MExico pay restitution/reperations. look it up. If they refuse Sanctions ensue.

posted on Feb, 25 2016 @ 05:14 PM
link   

The UN CAN make MExico pay restitution/reperations. look it up. If they refuse Sanctions ensue.

I'm having a hard time finding where the UN has the authority to force nations to pay restitution/reparations because of the immigration practices of individuals. Could you provide a link to such a document?

Do you actually think the UN would ever consider such a silly idea, let alone threaten a sovereign nation with sanctions over immigration; a nation that provides the US with a large portion of it's food supply and labor?

Can you also expand on your Western Union idea?

How do they decide whom is an illegal? Does the US charge each facility that offers WU services?

posted on Feb, 25 2016 @ 05:17 PM
link   

Ya know I never thought about it until now but I bet you could use the TPP to make them pay for it. As a corporate entity they could sue Mexico and make them pay using that couldn't they???

I don't know, it's just a guess on my part that just popped in my head.

posted on Feb, 25 2016 @ 05:25 PM
link   
Trump will hit him where it hurts the most: right in their pocketbook, and then they'll be begging him to let them build it.

The hispanics in question were likely legal ones.

posted on Feb, 25 2016 @ 05:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: introvert

More Leaving than coming in

So your post in incorrect.

That survey doesn't count the ones born here when they count the ones "coming" here, so

In fact, more Mexicans have left the country than are coming in.

is what is incorrect.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join