It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Former Mexican President Vicente Fox to Trump: We're "Not Paying For That F***ing Wall"

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 25 2016 @ 05:27 PM
link   
a reply to: introvert

Mexico must pay for the wall and, until they do, the United States will, among other things: impound all remittance payments derived from illegal wages; increase fees on all temporary visas issued to Mexican CEOs and diplomats (and if necessary cancel them); increase fees on all border crossing cards – of which we issue about 1 million to Mexican nationals each year (a major source of visa overstays); increase fees on all NAFTA worker visas from Mexico (another major source of overstays); and increase fees at ports of entry to the United States from Mexico [Tariffs and foreign aid cuts are also options]. We will not be taken advantage of anymore.

Donald Trump Immigration Reform

Basically they will be bled dry until they build it.
edit on 25-2-2016 by NiNjABackflip because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 25 2016 @ 05:30 PM
link   
a reply to: mOjOm

I don't believe the TPP has any language that addresses this issue. So I doubt it.

Good thinking though.

a reply to: Vector99

That survey doesn't count the ones born here when they count the ones "coming" here, so

If they are born here, they are legal and American citizens. That's a pesky constitutional thing.

is what is incorrect.

Just saying it does not make it so.

posted on Feb, 25 2016 @ 05:31 PM
link   
a reply to: NiNjABackflip

What does that have to do with the UN and Western Union?

posted on Feb, 25 2016 @ 05:33 PM
link   

And out of all modern western nations, only TWO still have birthright citizenship. They shouldn't be citizens because their parents committed a crime to make that be.

posted on Feb, 25 2016 @ 05:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: Vector99

And out of all modern western nations, only TWO still have birthright citizenship. They shouldn't be citizens because their parents committed a crime to make that be.

Until that is changed, they are legal American citizens. Therefore, the numbers provided at the link I provided are correct.

posted on Feb, 25 2016 @ 05:37 PM
link   

I thought we were discussing Trump's plans regarding the wall at the Mexican border.

What does the UN and Western Union have to do with the topic?

posted on Feb, 25 2016 @ 05:41 PM
link   

Not to nitpick, but that survey is conducted from only 1,000 people to determine reasoning of over 1 million people, and they even state

Measuring migration flows between Mexico and the U.S. is challenging because there are no official counts of how many Mexican immigrants enter and leave the U.S. each year.

So pardon me if I don't find it completely accurate.

As far as the ones born here, technically they are American, but if you ask them, the majority say they are Mexican. I stand by my opinion.

posted on Feb, 25 2016 @ 05:45 PM
link   

Ummm...what it tells me is that he's just another idealistic dreamer...out stumping for the cartels...So your telling us all that meth and crack and heroin are great...that you'd really like your child to have the ability to go down to the local quickie mart and score a bag of brown...along with milk and cookies of course...

What age do you think she should be as she ambles up to the counter...21...18...10...?

Why not just sell liquid drano in the soft drink section...have her reach into the cooler case next to the red bull and grab a cool...refreshing...bottle...

As usual...you and the ex president of that failed state just south of the border neglect to look at the big picture...
That picture of your daughter...there on the casket...cause daddy and mommy thought that booting up was a family affair...as you all cook up around the dinner table...

Legalize the herb and leave the rest alone...

Intelligent man my ass...he's just pushing for legalizing his cartel's that pumped his coffers full while he presided over their growth...

YouSir
edit on 25-2-2016 by YouSir because: of those three little dots...

posted on Feb, 25 2016 @ 05:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: MrSpad
Honestly if Trump were elected I do not expect him to keep any promises he has made and he will simply tell people they are stupid to believe everything they are told and they should learn a lesson from it.

And, he'll probably laugh in every Republican's face and ask who the Hell they thought they were voting for ... when he's so obviously a progressive.

pol·i·tics
ˈpäləˌtiks/Submit
noun
Them versus us.

We will never see another Conservative POTUS and TPTB will ensure someone like Clinton wins the Delegate Majority.

ETA: My money is on: There will be no wall.
edit on 2522016 by Snarl because: ETA

posted on Feb, 25 2016 @ 05:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: NiNjABackflip

I thought we were discussing Trump's plans regarding the wall at the Mexican border.

What does the UN and Western Union have to do with the topic?

The post you responded to was concerning the UN and Western Union.

posted on Feb, 25 2016 @ 05:59 PM
link   
a reply to: matafuchs

Ummm...actually it's really simple...tariff and tax the hell out of the corporations that moved on down to cartel land...cancel ALL aid to that failed state...there you go...wall paid for and then some...

YouSir

posted on Feb, 25 2016 @ 06:03 PM
link   
a reply to: Vector99

It is not just a survey conducted on 1,000 people. It's also a combination of Mexican and US census bureau statistics.

The Mexican data sources — a national household survey, and two national censuses — asked comparable questions about household members’ migration to and from Mexico over the five years previous to each survey or census date. In addition, estimates of Mexican migration to the U.S. come from U.S. Census Bureau data, adjusted for undercount, on the number of Mexican immigrants who live in the U.S.

So pardon me if I don't find it completely accurate.

It's inconvenient, I know.

posted on Feb, 25 2016 @ 06:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: YouSir
Ummm...what it tells me is that he's just another idealistic dreamer...out stumping for the cartels...So your telling us all that meth and crack and heroin are great...that you'd really like your child to have the ability to go down to the local quickie mart and score a bag of brown...along with milk and cookies of course...

I see you've given it about as much thought as the average person along with assuming a whole lot of other stuff which I never once said. So let me try and explain it better while hopefully not derailing this thread topic.

First of all by removing drug use from being a criminal act doesn't mean you start selling heroin or crack next to the cookies or candy in the corner store. Only a complete moron would do that and I'm a bit insulted you would imply that such an idea is what I was talking about. It's still a chemical substance like any other and like you mention we don't sell Liquid Drano next to the red bull for a reason. But I can still go to the right place and buy Drano or far worse chemicals than that as well without a problem. How is it possible that we can sell those substances without little kids getting them too??? Simple regulation and basic common sense.

In fact it's not that much of a change. All you're doing is not making criminals out of people who take some kind of substance which alters them. Similar to alcohol. Or even cold medicine. There are a million ways to get a high legally and we regulate those without too much trouble, this is no difference. Plus, you don't inadvertently fund a criminal underground market at the same time. You don't waste the time and money of Law Enforcement busting someone for altering themselves which since they aren't criminals doing it can do it also in a safe or regulated environment. You also allow for addicts a way out of their addiction without becoming outcasts from society.

You make it seem like just there isn't the risk of going to jail everyone is going to run out and start shooting up. So let me ask you, if you knew you wouldn't get caught or have any external risks involved are you going to go out and start up a heroine habit?? Maybe decide one day that rather than working on the yard or playing with engine you're going to try some crack or meth for a change??? No, probably not because if you're not into that and you're a normal responsible human being you're capable of making that decision.

Most people actually make choices in their lives like that every day already. Some make good ones and others bad ones. It's not like it's difficult to get drugs if you want to get them ya know. People that stay away from drugs don't do it because they just can't seem to find any. They don't want or look or accept them. Those who do know how to find them with no problem at all. Criminalizing drugs has actually made them better and easier to get, that is a reality. Because by outlawing them we created a really great market for them that pays very well and tax free.

There's so much more but this isn't the place for this.

posted on Feb, 25 2016 @ 06:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: introvert

It's inconvenient, I know.

You call it inconvenient, I call it inaccurate. Both are a matter of opinion. For fun, try clicking on their sourced data and see if you ever get off their website.

posted on Feb, 25 2016 @ 06:37 PM
link   

Im not relgious, but amen to that.
I have been smoking cannabis daily for almost 30 years, it WAS my crutch and connection to a artistic side, one day about a year ago i just stopped,
and took up vaping fluid instead, i have not smoked tobacco or cannabis since and do not have any cravings for it.
But in return i totally lost any inspiration and desire to produce art, i cant fit any of my pants because i just keep growing fatter, and i still cant find motivation to exercise because nobody is chasing me
besides that i fear that i will now be more succetable to various kind of sickness that i did not suffer before i quit,im rarely sick and have not had a sickday from my job in the last 7 years"i have always had a job" on the plus side my economy is stronger and the police cant take my license to drive and i dont support any criminels with money.
But i miss my artistic side and to some extend the beautyful high.
I hope for the day when i can do it legally and hopefully only on occations.
edit on 25-2-2016 by Curious69 because: needed to be more indepth.

posted on Feb, 25 2016 @ 06:41 PM
link   
a reply to: EmmanuelGoldstein

I'll just say that the former president of Mexico has exactly the same "power' that Donald Trump has at this moment.... exactly none.

That being said, hypothetically, should Trump become president and build the wall, he will (or at least could) make Mexico "pay" for it. No, there won't be a check written to cover the costs, but as Trump so non-eloquently says, the basic monetary/labor exchange between the US and Mexico is so unbalanced in Mexico's favor, the charges for the wall will be essentially a "credit" taken based on other trade policies that Trump would likely enact.

posted on Feb, 25 2016 @ 06:46 PM
link   
a reply to: eluryh22

EXACTLY! It's no different than giving someone a monthly allowance and they break something, so you take away the monthly allowance until whatever was broke gets fixed.

They aren't PAYING for it, they just have to get their allowance somewhere else while we use it to fix what was broken.

posted on Feb, 25 2016 @ 06:57 PM
link   

Ummm...sorry...none of what you just wrote makes any difference...because there is a good deal of evidence that genetic factors...play a role in addictive behavior...

I do agree that there needs to be reform on the criminalization front...keep the users out of jail...fine them heavily instead and/or spend that money that would have been used to incarcerate on support and treatment...keep the dealers in...works for me...

assuming a whole lot of other stuff which I never once said.
...I was merely pointing out to you the reality of what such a future might be like...you implied legalizing crack and meth and heroin...etc...was a good thing...yet you take offense at how that might play out in your own small circle to your own children...not such a pretty thing to consider when it hit's that close to home...then you get defensive...a natural reaction...

Your claim of me not thinking this through rings specious when clearly you have yet to consider how what you champion might end up affecting you and those you hold dear...

YouSir

posted on Feb, 25 2016 @ 08:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: YouSir
Ummm...sorry...none of what you just wrote makes any difference...because there is a good deal of evidence that genetic factors...play a role in addictive behavior...

You're correct. Some people are more likely than others to be addicted to some substance than others. But criminalizing it doesn't stop that. It just turns someone into a criminal for no reason. Someone who takes drugs or alcohol isn't committing a crime by doing so. They might be harming themselves but that's it and that's not against the law. But by making their habit into a criminal act you're doing more harm to them on top of the fact that they are an addict. You've also just created a very loyal customer for that criminal act too so it's a lose lose with no wins.

I do agree that there needs to be reform on the criminalization front...keep the users out of jail...fine them heavily instead and/or spend that money that would have been used to incarcerate on support and treatment...keep the dealers in...works for me...

Exactly. Those people don't need jail time, they need help. They need treatment. The amount we spend making them criminals is ten times what's needed to help them stop. Plus you save on law enforcement having to fight something that you can't stop because you're just making it worse by criminalizing it. It's not a fluke that the drug war also happens to be supported by the CIA and started from our own Gov. That isn't by accident. It's a great source of funding for all the stuff they're doing that they can't tell people about. They can't exactly have official records available on how they get the money for black ops and covert activity so they can't get that money from legit places like taxes.

...I was merely pointing out to you the reality of what such a future might be like...you implied legalizing crack and meth and heroin...etc...was a good thing...yet you take offense at how that might play out in your own small circle to your own children...not such a pretty thing to consider when it hit's that close to home...then you get defensive...a natural reaction...

Your claim of me not thinking this through rings specious when clearly you have yet to consider how what you champion might end up affecting you and those you hold dear...

I'm just trying to clear up any notion that by decriminalizing drugs I'm not in any way saying that we should start promoting it. That's not it at all. For one it ruins any credibility you have because it's not honest. Take alcohol for example. For years we've been told smoking weed will make you crazy and cause you to rape and kill people. Obviously BS. Meanwhile we promote alcohol to the point where we openly try and convince people that cracking open that can of beer turns your backyard into a pool party with naked women who love everything about you and the world becomes a 24/7 utopia. It's hypocritical to the point of hubris and we all know it. In return does that instill any kind of idea that you should trust what you're being told by both the private business world or your gov.?? I don't think so because they are both lying right to your face but then telling you "trust me" at the same time. No, I don't trust you because you're lying and we all know it.

I could go on about this all day. I didn't even cover the history of how it all got started either. But I can tell you the whole thing has been a lie from the start. We built the whole thing off of an already failed policy, prohibition and simply changed the target but kept the same failed ideas in place. So it's no shock that when you build an institution based off an already failed idea and support it with lies and propaganda that the result you're going to get is going to be a total failure. What we need is a little honesty and openness about what is really going on instead of lies and marketing trying to convince us not to trust our "lying eyes". You can only keep the illusion going for so long because that's all it is.
edit on 25-2-2016 by mOjOm because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 25 2016 @ 08:36 PM
link   
Trump reminds me of that politician Greg Stillson in 'The Dead Zone" by Stephen King.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join