It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Black Lives Matter Activists Interrupt Hillary Clinton At Private Event In South Carolina

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 25 2016 @ 11:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: introvert
a reply to: Annee

I agree.

Again, I was only speaking on why the BLM movement was created. It was not simply some creation of the political Left. It was born of perceived systemic racism and disparity.

What they have become is no real concern of mine.

Ah, you know you're one of my favorites.

I know you try to stick with the facts and don't BS.

posted on Feb, 25 2016 @ 11:20 AM
link   
#WhichHillary Hashtag is currently trending on twitter

posted on Feb, 25 2016 @ 11:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: introvert
a reply to: Edumakated

Let's be specific... what exact racial disparity and systematic racism?

Incarceration rates being higher among blacks when compared to other people of color. Longer sentences, etc.

BLM largely grew out of the Mike Brown case which was proven to be a lie, much like all the other cases that cropped up afterwards. Hands up, Don't shoot never happened.

Ok, does that change the validity of their message?

While I don't deny that there is racism, even though I am a black guy, I've yet to see where it significantly held me back in my life.

Anecdotal. Logical fallacy.

I see a lack of personal responsibility and accountability in the black community and from our so called political class that seems to benefit from the continue social and cultural dysfunction.

That is true as well. These issues are not as black and white as people like to make them.

That political class you speak of goes beyond Left or Right. Both sides have skin in the game.

1) You have not proven the higher incarceration rates are a result of systematic racism. The fact that blacks are disproportionately in the criminal justice system does not mean that statistic is a result of systematic racism. There are cultural and other issues at play.

2) The fact BLM spring out of Mike Brown changes the validity of the message because it brings into question the accuracy of the claims.

3) Agree, logical fallacy. Nevertheless, it is not on me to prove to the systematic racism exists as I am not the one making the claim that is a huge issue. If someone is going to claim that systematic racism is holding black people down in 2016, I need some concrete proof beyond specious claims like higher incarceration rates. Blacks also dominate the NBA, can we claim the NBA is engaged in reverse racism? It is racist when there are hardly any black golfers, but everything is all great when blacks dominate the NBA?

4) The political class I am referring to is almost entirely on the left side of the political spectrum when it comes to blacks. Last time I checked, Jesse Jackson, Al Sharpton and the other zoot suit wearing preachers weren't voting Republican. Most of the cities where all this alleged systematic racism is occurring are almost entirely run by Democrats and blacks. So somewhere, BLM is not connecting dots to the current situation that they are protesting.

posted on Feb, 25 2016 @ 11:25 AM
link   
It looks like HRC is getting grilled over her flip flops, about time!

Which Hillary? Why Clinton Needs To Answer The Question

Today, the question on everyone’s mind is “Which Hillary?” The question refers to Hillary Clinton’s wavering stance on a number of current issues, varying statements about historical events, and conflicts between her positions on important matters and her campaign’s financial reality. Conflicting statements made by Clinton over the past few months have left many American voters viewing Hillary’s platform as anything but solid. As a result, many are quickly losing faith in Clinton’s ability to stand firm on important issues.

The most recent incident to raise the “Which Hillary?” question took place on Wednesday during a Clinton campaign rally in South Carolina. According to Huffington Post, the event’s interruption was caused by two activists representing the Black Lives Matter campaign. They asked Clinton to apologize for a statement she made in 1996 and for policies enacted during Bill Clinton’s presidency that led to increased mass incarceration of blacks. Their view of the candidate contradicts the image Hillary Clinton has tried to promote during her campaign through words of support for black justice. The activists apparently view Clinton’s words as nothing more than a ploy to win the African-American vote

source www.inquisitr.com...

posted on Feb, 25 2016 @ 11:31 AM
link   
#WhichHillary

Dr. Rand Paul Verified account ‏@RandPaul 3h3 hours ago

.@HillaryClinton: Champion of Mass Incarceration - attempts to undo the damage she caused as 1st Lady. Painfully transparent #WhichHillary

posted on Feb, 25 2016 @ 11:34 AM
link   
Interesting things are taking place right now!

#WhichHillary

agitator in chief ‏@soit_goes 1h1 hour ago

16,000+ Sanders supporters have pledged they #WontVoteHillary if she is the nominee, take the pledge wontvotehillary.com... #WhichHillary

posted on Feb, 25 2016 @ 11:40 AM
link   
a reply to: AlaskanDad

Looks like a great way to have your personal information farmed and sold, just sayin'.

First name, Last name, Address, email.

posted on Feb, 25 2016 @ 11:48 AM
link   
a reply to: Lysergic

Always something to be aware of thanks for pointing it out!

mo Bernie2016
‏@nana_mo_Amelika

#WhichHillary the one that's against firearms or the one that sells them?

Lee Fang Verified account
‏@lhfang

American-made F-15s are being used by Saudi Arabia to destroy Yemen, killing thousands, including children.

Just trying to get this thread back on topic!

posted on Feb, 25 2016 @ 11:48 AM
link   
Hilldog looked about to lose it a couple times, when she folded her hands on the mic over her buddah belly especially.

posted on Feb, 25 2016 @ 11:52 AM
link   
Is this another Hillary "hit piece" thread?

Or is it about what the BLM person did?

edit on 25-2-2016 by Annee because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 25 2016 @ 11:59 AM
link   

2) The fact BLM spring out of Mike Brown changes the validity of the message because it brings into question the accuracy of the claims.

Not necessarily... It gave people a chance in the U.S to address the issue of police brutality. Granted this is an issue that extends beyond racial discrimination as more incidents pile up. What BLM has become since its inception is nothing short of a racist organization almost to the degree of the Black Panthers. The exception being with the panthers,whom arguably were dealing with legitimate systematic racism from law enforcement that was undeniable even at the time.
edit on 25-2-2016 by NateTheAnimator because: Grammatical edit

posted on Feb, 25 2016 @ 12:02 PM
link   

#WhichHillary is being asked by BLM protester Ashley Williams!

“Hillary Clinton has a pattern of throwing the Black community under the bus when it serves her politically," Williams said in a statement before the event. "She called our boys ‘super-predators’ in ’96, then she race-baited when running against Obama in ‘08, now she’s a lifelong civil rights activist. I just want to know which Hillary is running for President, the one from ’96, ’08, or the new Hillary?”

The Clinton campaign didn't immediately return a request for comment.

source

posted on Feb, 25 2016 @ 12:02 PM
link   
I hold people to who they are today.

People change. Society changes.

I look at a lot of things differently then I did 20 years ago.

I am not the same person I was 20 years ago. Is anyone?

posted on Feb, 25 2016 @ 12:08 PM
link   

Why talk about 20 yrs ago, which Hillary?

HRC recently took money from private prison lobbyists - then says she is against private prisons

HRC recently pushed the TPP as the gold standard : now claims to be against it

posted on Feb, 25 2016 @ 12:09 PM
link   
First, I'm shocked to see anyone other than conservatives calling out Hillary on her uncountable number of lies and flip flops. Second, BLM has set race relations back 40 years.

posted on Feb, 25 2016 @ 12:10 PM
link   

1) You have not proven the higher incarceration rates are a result of systematic racism. The fact that blacks are disproportionately in the criminal justice system does not mean that statistic is a result of systematic racism. There are cultural and other issues at play.

Agreed, culture and other things do play a part. We have to be open to those possibilities, as we have to also be open to the idea that certain groups of people have been targeted by Law enforcement and the Justice system because of their race.

The statistics are clearly disproportionate, but I doubt that would be considered the "proof" you would desire.

You've already questioned the validity of the claim through "cultural" means before the MB issue was even considered. The Michael Brown issue is only relevant if the BLM centers their entire movement around that case, which is not so. MB has become nothing more than a red herring to distract from the issues of systemic racism and disparity.

3) Agree, logical fallacy. Nevertheless, it is not on me to prove to the systematic racism exists as I am not the one making the claim that is a huge issue. If someone is going to claim that systematic racism is holding black people down in 2016, I need some concrete proof beyond specious claims like higher incarceration rates.

The incarceration rates of blacks are higher than those of other colors. The question is why. Despite BLM's horrible beginnings, we should be willing to engage in a conversation on this topic and not dismiss them outright.

Blacks also dominate the NBA, can we claim the NBA is engaged in reverse racism? It is racist when there are hardly any black golfers, but everything is all great when blacks dominate the NBA?

Forgive me if I choose not to expand on this absurdity. Apples and oranges.

4) The political class I am referring to is almost entirely on the left side of the political spectrum when it comes to blacks. Last time I checked, Jesse Jackson, Al Sharpton and the other zoot suit wearing preachers weren't voting Republican.

That may be true, but you forget that those individuals you listed are also going in to those communities to talk to people in an attempt to affect change. Could it be that they vote a certain way because they feel the Republicans would not be willing to address the issues properly?

Perhaps that fact says more about the Republican party than it does a few people like Sharpton and Jackson.

Most of the cities where all this alleged systematic racism is occurring are almost entirely run by Democrats and blacks. So somewhere, BLM is not connecting dots to the current situation that they are protesting.

You are contradicting yourself. First you question whether systemic racism even exists, opting for culture as being the problem, but are blaming Democrats for running the cities in which system racism is occurring.

Does systemic racism exist or not? You can't deny it on one hand and then blame the Left for what you deny on the other.
edit on 25-2-2016 by introvert because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 25 2016 @ 12:16 PM
link   
a reply to: introvert

Without a 75% fatherless birthrate it would be different also. What I always chuckle at are the entitled white kids you see yelling and screaming because it is college and this is the 'cool' thing to do to protest. But BLM was not about protecting felons or people who attack cops, it was about helping the inner community as I stated is needed in my first sentence. It starts at home.

But it was hijacked because it works. It creates a 'racial divide'. If they want to make a difference, organize protests in Chicago from sun down to sunup and protect the citizens. THOSE black lives. Interrupting people eating brunch does nothing.

However, they did have the right to be there since they paid. They were not trespassing...did they get their money back??

The best part of the speech is seeing her almost lose it...she was so close....but she will in a few months in the national debates.
edit on 02pm29pmf0000002016-02-25T12:17:26-06:001226 by matafuchs because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 25 2016 @ 12:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: AlaskanDad

Why talk about 20 yrs ago, which Hillary?

HRC recently took money from private prison lobbyists - then says she is against private prisons

HRC recently pushed the TPP as the gold standard : now claims to be against it

Because you are so anti-Hillary, I would need to personally research any thing you say.

ALL campaigning politicians say/do what is needed to get elected. It is not Hillary exclusive.

I'm a "go forward" person. Where are you going? Not where you have been.

I am generally an undecided voter til the day I walk up to the voting booth.

posted on Feb, 25 2016 @ 12:19 PM
link   
a reply to: matafuchs

I agree, but your post has nothing to do with my comment.

posted on Feb, 25 2016 @ 12:25 PM
link   
a reply to: introvert

I was referring directly to this..

"racial disparity and systemic racism"

The thing is that most people never see racism or are never the victim of racism. Out of sight out of mind. I have been as well as my son and we are white.

So when I see people 'wasting' time when if they want to help they could be using that time it pisses me off. Think about this.

500 bucks a plate. You know they stayed in a hotel. Transportation. Stipend. You are looking at 2000 dollars. I think 2k could be used much better in the streets of an poor and crime ridden urban area to show black lives matter. I am not against protesting. I am against posturing which is what this group has become.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join