It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Black Lives Matter Activists Interrupt Hillary Clinton At Private Event In South Carolina

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 25 2016 @ 09:20 AM
link   
So Hillary is at some kind of private event last night in South Carolina.

Apparently some Black Lives Matter activists jumped in with signs and called her out on her past record.

She has flipped and flopped on many issues.

She may have made some comments 20 years ago calling young black children "superpredators".

Not unusual is it.

Black Lives Matter Activists Interrupt Hillary Clinton At Private Event In South Carolina

Two Black Lives Matter activists interrupted a private Hillary Clinton fundraising event Wednesday night in Charleston, South Carolina.

Youth activist Ashley Williams protested Clinton, demanding that the Democratic presidential candidate account for inconsistencies on her record on race, specifically around her comments made about crime in 1996.

Williams and her colleague, whom she did not identify, contributed $500 to attend the Clinton event, which was held at a private residence with around 100 people, she estimated.

Williams said she and her colleague strategically placed themselves at the front of the crowd and waited until Clinton appeared. Speakers introducing Clinton around 9:30 p.m. Wednesday night spoke of Walter Scott, the Charleston A.M.E. shootings and how Clinton had a strong record of racial justice.

Black Lives Matter Activist Interrupts Hillary Clinton [2/24/16] "I am NOT a Superpredator

Justice Matters !!!

posted on Feb, 25 2016 @ 09:28 AM
link   
Disgusting
Gross
Evil

Go Bernie! Dig in!

posted on Feb, 25 2016 @ 09:28 AM
link   
Happened to Bernie, its only fair?

posted on Feb, 25 2016 @ 09:30 AM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

That was an interesting video, I wasn't aware of her saying that so I looked it up.

“They are not just gangs of kids anymore. They are often the kinds of kids that are called ‘super-predators.’ No conscience, no empathy. We can talk about why they ended that way, but first we have bring them to heel.”

"We have to bring them to Heel"
edit on 2/25/2016 by PsychoEmperor because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 25 2016 @ 09:34 AM
link   
This might be what triggered the planned "interruption"....

Hillary Clinton on "Superpredators"

Hillary Clinton speaking in Keene, New Hampshire, on January 25, 1996. For some historical context about the "superpredators" panic

edit on Feb-25-2016 by xuenchen because: hillary@bagmail

posted on Feb, 25 2016 @ 09:35 AM
link   

Poor HRC, she is having another bad day!

“Hillary Clinton has a pattern of throwing the Black community under the bus when it serves her politically," Williams said in a statement before the event. "She called our boys ‘super-predators’ in ’96, then she race-baited when running against Obama in ‘08, now she’s a lifelong civil rights activist. I just want to know which Hillary is running for President, the one from ’96, ’08, or the new Hillary?”

The Clinton campaign didn't immediately return a request for comment.

source

This with SC only three days away, interesting!

+8 more 
posted on Feb, 25 2016 @ 09:43 AM
link   
These BLM activist are like Frankenstein. They were created by progressives and now their creation is targeting them.

posted on Feb, 25 2016 @ 09:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: Edumakated
These BLM activist are like Frankenstein. They were created by progressives and now their creation is targeting them.

Hillary Clinton is not a progressive. She is a Right-of-center neoconservative.

Also, the BLM movement is a creation of the systemic racism and racial disparity in the Justice System.

+8 more 
posted on Feb, 25 2016 @ 10:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: introvert

Hillary Clinton is not a progressive. She is a Right-of-center neoconservative.

Also, the BLM movement is a creation of the systemic racism and racial disparity in the Justice System.

Can I have a hit of what you are smoking?

BLM is nothing but a bunch of entitled kids who have been told their entire lives that everything that doesn't go there way is due to racism. Being black and educated at an HBCU, I know the type all too well. Heck, at one point, I would have been a BLM protestor. Fortunately, I saw the light...

posted on Feb, 25 2016 @ 10:23 AM
link   
a reply to: Edumakated

Without racial disparity and systemic racism BLM would have never had a reason to exist in the first place.

posted on Feb, 25 2016 @ 10:29 AM
link   

Without racial disparity and systemic racism BLM would have never had a reason to exist in the first place.

Claims of racial disparity and systematic racism. Apparently left wingers think making the claim is as good as presenting evidence. What do you have to say about the blatant racism that comes from BLM?

Forget all the overt racist actions of the supporters and member. Their leadership clearly has a racist agenda.

posted on Feb, 25 2016 @ 10:32 AM
link   
BLM movement needs guidance. They seem to not know which end is up. First Sanders, now Clinton.
It looks like they don't know what to do. It seems like they would investigate something before they go charging in.
It makes them look foolish.

+14 more 
posted on Feb, 25 2016 @ 10:32 AM
link   
a reply to: introvert

Let's be specific... what exact racial disparity and systematic racism?

BLM largely grew out of the Mike Brown case which was proven to be a lie, much like all the other cases that cropped up afterwards. Hands up, Don't shoot never happened.

While I don't deny that there is racism, even though I am a black guy, I've yet to see where it significantly held me back in my life. What I have seen though is friends caught up in a justice system through their own doing. Friends falling behind economically through their own doing. I see a lack of personal responsibility and accountability in the black community and from our so called political class that seems to benefit from the continue social and cultural dysfunction.

posted on Feb, 25 2016 @ 10:42 AM
link   

edit on 45229America/ChicagoThu, 25 Feb 2016 10:45:11 -0600000000p2942 by interupt42 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 25 2016 @ 10:55 AM
link   

An originally needed and exercised concept can also become victim to "power corrupts".

Great leadership can be hard to come by, but makes all the difference between being respected for your cause or being perceived as a disruptive, disrespectful angry mob.

Being disruptive and disrespectful to others gets no points from me.

posted on Feb, 25 2016 @ 10:59 AM
link   
a reply to: TheBulk

Apparently left wingers think making the claim is as good as presenting evidence.

That's an illogical generalization. It's tough to have a conversation on the issue when you are automatically injecting partisan bull#.

What do you have to say about the blatant racism that comes from BLM?

It obviously exists. I was only talking about their reason for existing in the first place.

It was born of perceived racism, not self-entitlement.

Forget all the overt racist actions of the supporters and member. Their leadership clearly has a racist agenda.

Ok. What does this really have to do with me? I was only talking about why they were created. I don't wish to engage in the idiotic back and forth your argument creates.

posted on Feb, 25 2016 @ 11:03 AM
link   

What I have seen though is friends caught up in a justice system through their own doing. Friends falling behind economically through their own doing. I see a lack of personal responsibility and accountability in the black community and from our so called political class that seems to benefit from the continue social and cultural dysfunction.

Thank you. And believe me it isn't just the black community.

My granddaughter a few years ago tried to pull "peer pressure" on me for something that happened. I came back at her with "personal responsibility and guilt by association". I told her don't ever use the term "peer pressure" in this house again. You choose who you associate with. You choose which road you travel.
edit on 25-2-2016 by Annee because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 25 2016 @ 11:03 AM
link   

Let's be specific... what exact racial disparity and systematic racism?

Incarceration rates being higher among blacks when compared to other people of color. Longer sentences, etc.

BLM largely grew out of the Mike Brown case which was proven to be a lie, much like all the other cases that cropped up afterwards. Hands up, Don't shoot never happened.

Ok, does that change the validity of their message?

While I don't deny that there is racism, even though I am a black guy, I've yet to see where it significantly held me back in my life.

Anecdotal. Logical fallacy.

I see a lack of personal responsibility and accountability in the black community and from our so called political class that seems to benefit from the continue social and cultural dysfunction.

That is true as well. These issues are not as black and white as people like to make them.

That political class you speak of goes beyond Left or Right. Both sides have skin in the game.

posted on Feb, 25 2016 @ 11:05 AM
link   
Guess BLM voting for Trump?

Super Predator?

Thy racism bleeds through.

Maybe she meant Super Redditor? (whats that? they didnt have reddit back then? wTf)
edit on 25-2-2016 by Lysergic because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 25 2016 @ 11:05 AM
link   
a reply to: Annee

I agree.

Again, I was only speaking on why the BLM movement was created. It was not simply some creation of the political Left. It was born of perceived systemic racism and disparity.

What they have become is no real concern of mine.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join