It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sorry for not introducing myself properly and just jumping right away into the sharky waters....

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 24 2016 @ 08:15 AM
link   
...but that's my style. I seem to first want to get wet and then...

I was reading ATS for about two years daily before I joined. So I have an idea about "who is who and what is what". I also replied to several topics already during that time, without posting them because I refused to join before I feel ready to swim with the sharks. Now I feel comfortable and cool enough to engage with this community.

Unfortunately I'm a little bit a technical retard. That means I'm barely able to use a computer . Being some sort of a hermit, although living in a big city, I don't watch TV, don't have a mobile-phone, don't read news-papers and don't hang out in groups. It would be highly appreciated by me if someone would help me with using all the good tools here. I don't want to come across as being too stupid to use this forum properly. But I'm afraid of intruction manuals. I think they are evil and are written by even bigger retards regarding technology than I am. ..(sarc).

Enjoying a heated debate, I don't think that words on a screen can hurt an adult. You can call me any name you wanna, seriously, and I will not feel offended or insulted at all. I think that it is not a good idea to shape ones language in a way that insulting someone becomes so sophisticated that the insulted person don't even knows anymore he or she has been insulted. I prefer to insult directely, if neccessary. Calling someone a deluded prick (or being called like that) is highly prefered by me over using many more words that sound more polite but just mean the same. I call that being efficient and it saves time.

By the way...I'm here to stay.

posted on Feb, 24 2016 @ 08:18 AM
link   
Don't you mean snarky waters?

posted on Feb, 24 2016 @ 08:39 AM
link   
a reply to: Willingly

Well then...welcome. But if you don't watch TV or read the news...how can you discuss things as they constantly are changing...which we all learn day to day by doing those things.

Even if something bad or great happened last night...and today's news updates those with new and important changes or updates....how would you know?

To discuss, one would need to be aware, rt? I suppose you must have a means to do so? Still...welcome at last!

posted on Feb, 24 2016 @ 08:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: Willingly
...That means I'm barely able to use a computer . Being some sort of a hermit, although living in a big city, I don't watch TV, don't have a mobile-phone, don't read news-papers and don't hang out in groups.....

Sounds like you'll fit right in.

What brings you here Wayne? Any specific interests? Currently I'm reading about the evolution of the lancelet and various other fish. I don't always do that, but it's taking my mind of the addictions.

posted on Feb, 24 2016 @ 09:20 AM
link   
a reply to: mysterioustranger

Even if something bad or great happened last night...and today's news updates those with new and important changes or updates....how would you know? To discuss, one would need to be aware, rt?

I'm more interested in discussing the general overall picture of why and how comes that things are the way they are. But I once worked for a big news magazine, many moons ago, so I do know how that works also.

The fun part of existence is also something I happily like to engage in.

posted on Feb, 24 2016 @ 09:25 AM
link   
a reply to: Lazarus Short

Don't you mean snarky waters?

No, I meant snarky-sharky, actually. But also cutey-fruity. The space in the thread-title is just too short for both ends to mention.

posted on Feb, 24 2016 @ 09:33 AM
link   
a reply to: and14263

What brings you here Wayne? Any specific interests?

Yes, everything that is not actual daily pollitics.

Currently I'm reading about the evolution of the lancelet and various other fish. I don't always do that, but it's taking my mind of the addictions.

Currently I'm re-reading the book Spiritual Warfare by Jed McKenna. It's very entertaining. And my addictions are just fine. Some wine once in a while and cigarillos every other day. I didn't smoke for years, but then I started again. The hook is deep and I just can't think properly without being surrounded by smoke. It's an old habit and I just accept it.
edit on 24-2-2016 by Willingly because: typo-queen made a typo once again

posted on Feb, 24 2016 @ 10:42 AM
link   
a reply to: WillinglyTo swim with sharks you must first get in the water. If you don't like being put down don't talk about JFK killing, the moon landings, Muslims, 9-11, the forthcoming WW3 etc, etc.
Oh, wait a minute, that's what you have talk about as this IS a conspiracy site, but don't talk about the universe and everything. The answer to that is 42 by the way. Have a happy time and take nothing to heart, do not get upset with some repliers because lifesw to short.

posted on Feb, 24 2016 @ 10:49 AM
link   
a reply to: crayzeed

Thanks for caring, dude. But no, I don't take anything to heart unless it's worthy of doing so. Annndddd...the new answer is: 54959848. Douglas Adams was right, but let's move on.

edit on 24-2-2016 by Willingly because: tyyyyyyyyyypoooooooooo

posted on Feb, 24 2016 @ 11:54 AM
link   

Politics is an odd one. It's clearly rigged by the same old people, businesses and groups. However we all give it credence it doesn't deserve. You're right, stay away from it.

Tonight I think I'll read about eels, now there's a mystery.

posted on Feb, 24 2016 @ 11:58 AM
link   
Welcome to this beautiful garden of thought and love.
You're going to have a great time hugging and singing kumbaya with
everyone you come into contact with.
It's like a giant hippie commune.

Far out man - welcome.

posted on Feb, 24 2016 @ 12:06 PM
link   

Welcome to ATS Willingly

You sound my kind of person , like being a hermit ,technical retard just like me , see you around

posted on Feb, 24 2016 @ 12:13 PM
link   

Welcome to the forum.

People on ATS often feel very passionately about topics. I have made a post or two that in retrospect was just mean to say. That said, I think given ATS is a conspiracy site, people are much too dismissive of UFO type claims in the same way that they'd get on any other website. Given it is a conspiracy site for conspiracies, that is off-putting or me. So, that is why I'd agree with you on the swimming with the sharks comment. But despite those comments, there are many more people who are open-minded than not. There are a number of close-minded people on ATS, but they are in the minority.

posted on Feb, 24 2016 @ 12:16 PM
link   

Tonight I think I'll read about eels, now there's a mystery.

Nah...not a mystery to me. I like companiero Eeee a lot. And I once read a book, but I don't remember the title correctely anymore. The german translation of the title was something like, "Glückstage in der Hölle", which translates into something like: Happy day's in hell.

Some folks smoke cigars. I do too, once in a while.

posted on Feb, 24 2016 @ 12:22 PM
link   
a reply to: stonerwilliam

You sound my kind of person , like being a hermit ,technical retard just like me , see you around

Yammin' ...dude. But I play a very sh!tty guitar and I don't even have one anymore. Some time ago I was in a situation where my electric-guitar was the only thing I could make into money. Well....

posted on Feb, 24 2016 @ 12:27 PM
link   
a reply to: unicornholiday

Welcome to this beautiful garden of thought and love.

Yah...unless it's not about an ugly pile of garbage, created by self-righteous morons, who think they have "the divine right to rule" while creating a mess, I'm a hippie too.

See you around also.

edit on 24-2-2016 by Willingly because: Rechtschreibfehler!

posted on Feb, 24 2016 @ 12:29 PM
link   

Yip i love my cigars bud but they cost the earth in the uk , I am sellabit you know sell a bit here , sell a bit there kind of dude .
But hey life is good , i think

posted on Feb, 24 2016 @ 12:31 PM
link   

I'm talking about the mysterious mating habits of the eel, do they all go back to the sargasso? If so why don't we see a lot of dead ones on the roadside? Etc etc

But yeah, you're right... Life is hard.

posted on Feb, 24 2016 @ 12:34 PM
link   
a reply to: centarix

But despite those comments, there are many more people who are open-minded than not. There are a number of close-minded people on ATS, but they are in the minority.

Your word in someones ear. I like optimism a lot, if it is the right means to...something that is related to something that could be called some sort of truth. I prefer to be a passionate skeptical but faithfull believer in the ability of humanity to be self-governed and non-mind-fooked with.

We all need something to hold on to. My favourite is: Fighting the lie untill there is "nothing wrong in the right anymore."

posted on Feb, 24 2016 @ 12:41 PM
link   

I'm talking about the mysterious mating habits of the eel, do they all go back to the sargasso?

I had to look up the term "sargasso". I think they all go back to parabrahman. Now you have to look up a term, I guess.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join