It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Didcot Power Station 'explosion' reported

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 23 2016 @ 02:16 PM
link   
The toll currently stands at 1 dead with 3 people still missing and five injured but no indication of the severity of the injuries.
Sad day , thoughts with the families.

edit on 23-2-2016 by gortex because: spell

posted on Feb, 23 2016 @ 02:40 PM
link   
a reply to: gortex

1400 or so other people died in the UK today, and roughly another 150,000 people around the world, just less dramatically.

I hope I die in a dramatic media reported incident so people post their thoughts for my family, a lame street stabbing and nobody would know or care outside of my 'real' life circles...

posted on Feb, 23 2016 @ 03:04 PM
link   
At least one dies as building collapses at former UK power plant

At least one person was killed and three others were missing after a building collapsed on Tuesday at a disused British power plant, the local fire service said.

The incident occurred at the RWE npower Didcot A power plant, around 70 miles (113 km) west of London. The plant closed in 2013 and was in the process of being demolished.

"I can confirm search operations are in progress and that there has been one fatality, five persons have been taken to hospital and three persons are currently missing," Oxfordshire Fire Service Area Manager Mat Carlile said in a statement.

Residents told local media there had been a large rumble, prompting reports there had been an explosion. Television pictures showed half a large building at the site appeared to have collapsed.

Click for remainder of article...

posted on Feb, 23 2016 @ 03:06 PM
link   
a reply to: grainofsand

One , maybe 4 peoples families have lost a loved one in this accident , I think that's sad.

posted on Feb, 23 2016 @ 05:43 PM
link   
a reply to: gortex

150,000 families lost a loved one today around the world, it's just the dramatic deaths get the thoughts of the online world.
I have a latent sadness for all of those people who I don't know or hear about.

Not dissing your compassion man, just making observations about dramatic deaths compared to 'boring' deaths...and I'd personally prefer a dramatic death I reckon so online communities would post that they are thinking for my family as well.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join