It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pink Floyd star on why his fellow musicians are terrified to speak out against Israel

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 22 2016 @ 03:11 PM
link   
a reply to: gosseyn

Roger Walters is nothing but a musician...
Its funny how ego's grow!

Funny guy!

posted on Feb, 22 2016 @ 03:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: combatmaster

Funny guy!

But on this he's got it right and...this is a really big question, what makes the "Politicians and Bureaucrats" in the Israeli Government or in any government, any more right than a musician? Who's to say that a musician doesn't have good insight and intelligence? For proof of that...justt look and you'll see how incompetent the politicians in our American government, both Republican and democrat are.
edit on 22-2-2016 by amazing because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 22 2016 @ 03:26 PM
link   
a reply to: amazing

justt look and you'll see how incompetent the politicians in our American government

Ah yes....

what you say must be true. It explains how Trump got so far...

what makes the "Politicians and Bureaucrats" in the Israeli Government or in any government, any more right than a musician?

So..... are you gonna be voting for Kanye 2020? hehe

Yeh didnt think so.... which brings me back to my point.... Roger goddamn Walters is nothing but a musician.

Either way..... Led Zeppelin flush Pink floyyd down the toilet!

posted on Feb, 22 2016 @ 03:27 PM
link   
Zionism is dualistic insanity and it is not hate to speak out against a dualistic extremism. And empathy for the victims of Nazism do not excuse becoming the monster yourself.

it seems all three of the Abraham religions will create a political monster each:
Zionism for the Jews.
Wahabbi for the Muslim (Sunni).
The Christian version (was it Nazism or is it to come?)

No one can silence a soul who do not care about money. Screw political correctness.

This I love.

This man is insane

posted on Feb, 22 2016 @ 03:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: combatmaster

Funny guy!

Nothing but a musician in the same way that Israel is nothing but a country, JFK and Winston Churchill were nothing but politicians, Descartes and Gauss were nothing but mathematicians and you and I are nothing but humans.

posted on Feb, 22 2016 @ 03:33 PM
link   
a reply to: combatmaster

Well you're funny. I don't like Pink Floyd's Music, myself and not sure that that has to do with Kanye west, but...this is why trump is doing so well, because people are starting to see that our politicians and bureaucrats in every country, are no more smarter than the rest of us. Musicians, are the modern day poets, and often put things in better ways or are more eloquent than than the rest of us. Musicians should speak up on issues like this. When you have an audience, you have a responsibility to call out those that are doing wrong things. As bad as his music is, Roger Waters as a good way with words and he's dead right on BDS.

Who wouldn't support BDS?

posted on Feb, 22 2016 @ 04:29 PM
link   

Unfortunately, there are vociferous people on both sides. Neither side has 'clean hands'.

The Palestinians kill and injure Israelis.

The Israelis kill and injure Palestinians.

I vote we maintain equal sanctions against them both until they learn to play together.

posted on Feb, 22 2016 @ 04:47 PM
link   
a reply to: combatmaster

Roger goddamn Walters is nothing but a musician.

Yes and he has the right to voice his opinion just as everyone else has the right to voice their opinion.

Either way..... Led Zeppelin flush Pink floyyd down the toilet!

Seeing how you can't even spell their name right or even know that Waters hasn't been a member for years it's doubtful you are even qualified to make that comparison. Btw when dead Zeppelin has a album on the charts for over 1500 weeks a record that hasn't been broken then come back and say great Zeppelin is doing.
edit on 9910000001329America/ChicagoMon, 22 Feb 2016 16:48:13 -06002010 by buster2010 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 22 2016 @ 04:48 PM
link   
It appears George Orwell had it right in "Animal Farm".

"All animals are equal but some animals are more equal than others"

smh

posted on Feb, 22 2016 @ 07:23 PM
link   

Like Liberty, equality is either absolute, or absent.

There is no equality if a person can be shouted down for reasonable protest against ANY nations actions. There is no liberty if a person can be arrested for speaking the truth. If we can sanction Russia for its behaviour in the Crimean peninsular, then no mere protest boycott against the government of Israel can possibly be called anything other than legitimate, given the appalling behaviour it has exhibited toward Palestinians over the years.

posted on Feb, 23 2016 @ 01:57 AM
link   
free tibet!

Waters ain't no bono.

edit on 2 23 2016 by burgerbuddy because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 23 2016 @ 02:12 AM
link   

If you look at how many people at the top of French politics are actually Jewish you will see the influence immediately especially on freedom of speech which they expect to have whenever they want it and the politics and laws they have put in place, as many are also working in the legal profession of course, against anyone speaking out or let alone telling the truth about something that doesn't suit them.

When a few people from a minority group can dictate to the world, you get an idea of how powerful and manipulative their influence actually is. Its exceedingly dangerous when they control the money markets.

Pink Floyd members or anyone should have the right to say exactly what they mean in fact it would serve as a very good message and example for our puppet politicians to learn.
edit on 23-2-2016 by Shiloh7 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 23 2016 @ 02:33 AM
link   
So he's being put down as nothing but a musician when in fact he's also a songwriter :-/

Nothing wrong with him speaking out on this issue

posted on Feb, 23 2016 @ 07:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: and14263

Well, you see how someone is already insinuating you are silly?

Way to take what he said out of context. Bravo

posted on Feb, 23 2016 @ 11:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: jimmyx

originally posted by: buster2010

So the question is, am I antisemitic for posting all this information ?

There are many Israeli firsters that will think so because Israel is above all laws and above reproach. It's no real surprise that France has done this to the BDS members because France kisses Israels butt almost as much as America.

with all due respect to you buster (I agree with you close to 100% of the time)...Israel is a special case...why do I say that?...they are surrounded by Islamic rulers, that would love to see Israel and the Jewish people burn to the ground. Let's also remember that Israel allows Muslims to work in their country, something where reciprocation is lacking in most of the Muslim world. even after the holocaust, there are still large groups of Europeans that do not like Jewish people and the hatred can be seen in political rallies in various parts of Europe to this day....having said this.....maybe France (or those in the know) might have good reasons to try and stop this. I think there should be more in-depth research done into both parties involved, to properly assess this decision wisely.

No they are not a special case. And here is how I can prove it.

"Blacks" are a special case...why do I say that?...they are surrounded by "White" rulers, that would love to see blacks and the African race burn to the ground. Let's also remember that blacks allow whites to work in their businesses, something where reciprocation is lacking in most of the White world. even after MLK, there are still large groups of whites that do not like black people and the hatred can be seen in political rallies in various parts of the world to this day....having said this.....maybe France (or those in the know) might have good reasons to try and stop this. I think there should be more in-depth research done into both parties involved, to properly assess this decision wisely.

Racism is Racism, and Isreal is not unique. The decision by the French courts is an attempt to push us back into the dark ages where church authority ruled by the fear of death for anyone who disagreed with their God given right to rule.

posted on Feb, 23 2016 @ 12:28 PM
link   
Israel...would that be the oppressive régime the size of Wales, surrounded by millions of square miles of Israel-hating Muslim countries, by any chance?

Do you know, I think it might?

posted on Feb, 23 2016 @ 03:30 PM
link   
a reply to: ugmold

originally posted by: ugmold

posted on Feb, 24 2016 @ 01:45 PM
link   
Well, it may be time to admit that the Jewish control of the media is overwhelming.
I actually have respect for folks who rise within their professions. The problem is when one group controls the lifeblood of our 'supposed' democracy. Even if they attempt to remain balanced, their community will assist in making the tough decisions.
Those decisions tend to favor...Jews. (The only explanation for Sandler still being a 'star'.)
No different then listening to Christian media.
But we can't escape these plugs.

This site is thoroughly anti-Jew. That does not mean that they are lying in the reports that they make on this issue. They are going to spin it and YOU are responsible for sifting and measuring their output.
www.jewwatch.com...

top topics

<< 1   >>

join