It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NATO Warns Turkey - Will Not help in a war with Russia

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 22 2016 @ 05:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: paraphi
/

originally posted by: MysterX
Erdogan is a crooked idiot. Personally, i think the turkish people should not have to pay for the corruption of their crooked government...

And yet Putin's Russia is worse. Putin presides over an increasingly authoritarian regime that is constraining civil liberties and press freedoms.

Corruption Index - Turkey 66/168 and Russia worse at 119/168
Press Freedom Index - Turkey 149/180 and Russia worse at 152/180
Economist Intel Unit's Democracy Index - Turkey 97 and Russia worse at 132

From what you just posted exactly how do you claim the moral high ground ?

posted on Feb, 22 2016 @ 05:47 AM
link   
a reply to: paraphi

Erdogan is busy propping up terrorists with one hand, while attempting genocide on the Norther Kurds with the other.

He attacked Russia, who were seemingly the ONLY country willing to make inroads against ISIS, which of course, threatened to call a rapid halt to Turkey's crooked deals with ISIS...so, they decided to provoke Russia, imagining them to be reckless and foolish enough to strike back, which of course they're not.

NATO can see what is going on with Turkey, as can just about anyone who is watching.

The best way this will end is with Erdogan out on his arse...hopefully avoiding any military escalation.

posted on Feb, 22 2016 @ 05:51 AM
link   

Erdogan is busy propping up terrorists with one hand, while attempting genocide on the Norther Kurds with the other.

Ah, the old "Turkey supports terrorists" position, much promoted by the Russian controlled media. Big on the message, but short on the evidence and facts.

The fact that Turkey is a frequent victim of terrorism is often ignored.

posted on Feb, 22 2016 @ 05:56 AM
link   

Ah, the old "Turkey supports terrorists" position, much promoted by the Russian controlled media. Big on the message, but short on the evidence and facts.

They do, what is it you are failing to understand? I didn't have to run to the Russian media to trawl through evidence.

posted on Feb, 22 2016 @ 06:09 AM
link   
a reply to: angryhulk

Yawn. We are in a circle here. Happy to review the evidence that Turkey are supporting terrorists. Please, but not from the Russian propaganda machine, or YouTube, and such.

Let's also not confuse the words here, in that anyone who fights Assad is a terrorist. Undoubtedly Turkey supports groups that are anti-Assad. Russia also supported the Ukrainian separatists, but that did not make Russia a supporter of terrorists, so let's also be consistent.

posted on Feb, 22 2016 @ 06:10 AM
link   
Unfortunately due to the use of the media and the gullibility of the people a situation will be created in order to paint Russia as the aggressor and nato will need to defend it's ally.
I'm sure anyone with eyes have seen the increase in anti russian propoganda which I feel is paving the way for NATO to "defend" itself. Or in reality poke and isolate the Russians into defending itself.

Erdogen knows he has the backing of the US and would not commit himself so much without this knowledge. Things are starting to ramp up.

posted on Feb, 22 2016 @ 06:39 AM
link   

The fact that Turkey is a frequent victim of terrorism is often ignored.

NATO Photobombs ISIS: Turkish Flag Now Waving Proudly Next to ISIS Banner in Syria

Facebook even tried to censor the above picture for a while ...

Erdogan cites Hitler's Germany as effective executive presidency

posted on Feb, 22 2016 @ 07:36 AM
link   

Yawn. We are in a circle here. Happy to review the evidence that Turkey are supporting terrorists. Please, but not from the Russian propaganda machine, or YouTube, and such.

Let's also not confuse the words here, in that anyone who fights Assad is a terrorist. Undoubtedly Turkey supports groups that are anti-Assad. Russia also supported the Ukrainian separatists, but that did not make Russia a supporter of terrorists, so let's also be consistent.

From business insider.

Experts and U.S. Treasury officials agree that a significant portion of ISIS’ oil is being sold in Turkey, with the majority sold to middlemen acting on behalf of Turkish businessmen.

“We know it’s happening but the details are deliberately opaque,” said Jonathan Schanzer, vice president of research at the Foundation for Defense of Democracies. “When oil is being bought on the Turkish border it’s highly unlikely that it will be sold anywhere else but Turkey. There are indications that oil is smuggled in movable containers and sold to state interests.”

Norwegian article
www.klassekampen.no...

Research paper on Turks buying oil from ISIS
m.huffpost.com...

Turkey being worse than Russia on corruption indexes shouldn't mean much. Its pretty close to Russia on the democracy index.

I don't know why Turkey has to be compaired to Russia. Neither of the countries leaders are trustworthy. Turkey should not be an ally. Erdogan has moves the democracy index backwards towards tyranny. It's only a matter of time before they catch up to Russia. We should not be allies with either of them. It's like chossing which drug cartel is less dangerous and forgetting they both represent something that should be scorned.

posted on Feb, 22 2016 @ 07:46 AM
link   
a reply to: theultimatebelgianjoke

That's a very disturbing picture and one that should worry a lot of people unless its a posed one with a borrowed flag.
I am tempted to say what ever will Hilary Think?

posted on Feb, 22 2016 @ 07:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: Shiloh7
a reply to: theultimatebelgianjoke

That's a very disturbing picture and one that should worry a lot of people unless its a posed one with a borrowed flag.
I am tempted to say what ever will Hilary Think?

Either that, or an ISIS jihadist is proud to come from Turkey.

posted on Feb, 22 2016 @ 07:54 AM
link   
a reply to: maddy21

Why did you stop your quote where you did? Here is the actual meat:

Asselborn also stressed that Article 5 can only be invoked when a member state is clearly attacked.
A German diplomat echoed Asselborn's stance and said:
'We are not going to pay the price for a war started by the Turks.'

www.dailymail.co.uk...

Turkey cannot count on NATO support unless Russia starts the hostilities.

posted on Feb, 22 2016 @ 07:59 AM
link   
a reply to: maddy21

If Russia were to launch a salvo of cruise missiles at Turkish infrastructure i really dont see NATO sitting back and doing nothing.

Then again its all planned out and scripted so who knows whats in the post.

posted on Feb, 22 2016 @ 08:06 AM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake

the only way i see NATO stepping in now is if nukes start popping off.

Other wise i think Russia and Turkey will be left to duke it out. I wonder who has the PAL codes(procured by other then official sources) for the tactical nukes we have in the air bases.

posted on Feb, 22 2016 @ 08:07 AM
link   
a reply to: DJW001

Turkey has been the aggressor so far. There is no indication Russia would attack Turkey. There is a reason diplomats and the US have come out publically to say this stuff. It means the behind the scenes talks are not going well. The US did not like the threat from Turkey that unless we declare the ypk terrorist there will be consequences.

When Turkey shot that Russia plane down it could have possibly been in their airspace but not enough time that any other Western nation would have done what they did.

I don't support the Russian dictator but I hate Erdogan every bit as much. He is just as big a threat to democracy as Putin. Possibly more because of their status in the EU and NATO.

posted on Feb, 22 2016 @ 08:50 AM
link   
a reply to: penroc3

Lets just say that if Russia launch any kind of salvo anywhere near the base that house's around 80 or so nuclear armaments NATO will be hard pushed not to respond in kind.

I'm just as worried about Turkey somehow taking possession of those warheads, somehow managing to obtain or circumvent the safety mechanisms and using them for there own agenda.
edit on 22-2-2016 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 22 2016 @ 09:10 AM
link   
a reply to: Shiloh7

This has a bad feeling of déjà-vu ...

Remember when McCain was pictured with his ISIS/syrian rebels pals ?
Coming back to US in order to perform his 'Bomb bomb bomb Iran' song ...

Claiming values is not the same as defending them ...

posted on Feb, 22 2016 @ 09:21 AM
link   
a reply to: johnb

Excellent point there my friend.

posted on Feb, 22 2016 @ 12:16 PM
link   
a reply to: markosity1973

Well, it depends on who you ask. If you ask the pro-terrorist folks, sorry I meant pro-west, they blindly believe Russia will invade everything and everyone.

Who honestly believes NATO would interfere in the possible conflict between Russia and Turkey? I would like to see any European country actually wanting to go into a war with Russia because of erDOGan and his direct support to the terrorists in Syria.

Aside from that, I actually do believe we will see further escalation of conflict between Russia and turkey, simply because erDOGan will continue to provoke and help the terrorists while bomb the Kurds, but I might be wrong. Which I look forward too, simply because erDOGan deserves what is coming for him.

edit on 22-2-2016 by Nikola014 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 22 2016 @ 03:16 PM
link   

Well Turkey supports terrorism and i have failed to see any actions agaisnt any Islamists or ISIS by Turkey ever since they claimed they were willing to fight them.

posted on Feb, 22 2016 @ 03:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: Helicopter
I hate NATO with passion.

Did you guys know they murdered two Serbian diplomats in Libya recently?

Over 10,000 Serbs was protesting in Belgrade on the weekend. Our traitor Prime Minister Vučić has been offered some deal, nevermind that NATO murdered over 500 Serbs and supports Kosovo independence... completely disgusting. This is why we protested, for against corrupt NATO control.

To speak truth, I am kinda surprised that they are not supporting Turkey... I guess even they realise it is stupid to provoke Russia like this.

Turkey provoked Russia, and murdered Russians. Turkey murdered Western journalists, Jacqueline Sutton, Serena Shim, even NATO must now know that Turkey is the belligerent, and war with Russia will involve not only Russia herself

I take it you were on the losing side huh? The mass murderer in charge was fine as long as it was against the other guys right? And its only Murder IF it wa s pre planned and done in cold blood. It wa sa war zone though so that dont apply though.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join