It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Notre Dame Professor Explains How Our Children Have Been Indoctrinated Into The New World Order

page: 8
<< 5  6  7   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 24 2016 @ 12:40 PM
link   
a reply to: MRuss

Sounds like Professor Deneen has some sort of axe to grind with our society and is not being honest about that issue. Rather, he is addressing his discontent by penning a lament for his students. I went out, googled him, and found a run of the mill Conservative minded academic hack. Professor Deneen is highly derivative. Look if you want to read someone who does a professional job of getting down on the West, read Oswald Spengler. And as a final comment I'd like to quote Pink Floyd to Professor Deneen "HEY TEACHER LEAVE THEM KIDS ALONE"
edit on 2/24/2016 by lunatux because: (no reason given)

edit on 2/24/2016 by lunatux because: Clarification and to clean up some errors in the post

posted on Feb, 24 2016 @ 12:53 PM
link   
a reply to: imjack
Except that Google is used to replace intelligence in a way. Why memorize if you can simply use Google? It's a lazy way, and shows neither increasing intelligence nor decreasing (directly anyways).

True, but much less was known back then with far fewer methods, so again I'd rather disagree. And look at the masses of the generation. The greatest problem is probably critical thinking. People do so less.

As to watches those in my opinion are still nice for elegance.

posted on Feb, 24 2016 @ 04:19 PM
link   
a reply to: Tiamat384

The obvious point is you cannot memorize something you do not know.

The past was plagued with 'intellectual' arguments riddled by incorrect facts very often dealing with the Source.

This is less the case today as sources aren't disputed as much. Everyone uses Google and the source is checked from there.

That being said, if you want to know 10 different types of trees, Google is the fastest resource to learn that. Obviously there isn't any amount of intellectual power that will allow you to know then without looking it up the first time.

So the tool will permanently teach you the trees and you won't need it anymore.

Saying people only use Google to check information they already know, and that they're dumber for using a tool is two bad arguements in one.

posted on Feb, 24 2016 @ 09:03 PM
link   
a reply to: imjack
You avoid the fact that there other sources of knowledge that would require for one to know how to research, a skill that people lack.

So your argument is completely flawed. People are far from smarter due to Google and have even lost a useful skill.

posted on Feb, 27 2016 @ 05:47 PM
link   
Life has kept me busy. I have not been on ATS in a long while. I love when people are able to share informative articles and essays, even if they can scare the bejeezus out of you. Fight for the kids, all of them. From toddlers, to teens, to the college kids, they can be reached. Do not give up hope. If you spend enough time around those age groups you will determine for yourself that this professor is accurate in his assessment.

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7   >>

join