It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hey Fireball Fans! Awesome exploding meteor caught on camera in Australia

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+2 more 
posted on Feb, 20 2016 @ 09:44 AM
link   
This is an awesome You Tube video from Overwatch Security of a very bright daytime meteor that explodes with a loud boom like thunder. Posted to You Tube on February 16.

While testing one of our Body Cameras on a stormy day a meteor hit the bay directly in front of me just as i sat down. The sound was insanely loud but only lasted for a second or two. Scary stuff, i was literally lost for words. Hopefully no boats were hit!

Just thought you all might like this one. There's been a lot of fireballs again lately, even one meteor striking the ground and killing someone in India this month. But, hey, the experts said February is usually Fireball season, so sit back and keep your eyes on the skies!

posted on Feb, 20 2016 @ 09:52 AM
link   
a reply to: Rezlooper

That's a sure sign of global warming..

On another level, mighty convientant for him to be standing right there with a camera pointed at the sky almost expecting it, odds of that happening are, well let's just say while not impossible unlikely, but even if it's set up or fake in some way, you still have potential proof of umping jack flash/global warming S&F
edit on 20-2-2016 by TechniXcality because: Silly spelling error in my very serious post

posted on Feb, 20 2016 @ 10:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: TechniXcality

That's a sure sign of global warming..

On another level, mighty convientant for him to be standing right there with a camera pointed at the sky almost expecting it, odds of that happening are, well let's just say while not impossible unlikely, but even if it's set up or fake in some way, you still have potential proof off jumping jack flash/global warming S&F

Yeah, with all the cameras out there today, surely no one is ever going to catch one of these fireballs on their body cam.

posted on Feb, 20 2016 @ 10:06 AM
link   
Reasons I think it's fake

1. Man sits down, aims camera at Sky, suddenly a fireball

2. Man has no reaction at all, not even to the explosion

3. Lens flare looks fake, haven't seen such lense flare in other fireball videos. Also seems as if the lense flare shows up half a second before the fireball shows up.

4. Explosion is heard rather quickly, seems like It would take a few more seconds before it could reach the filmer

5. The camera doesn't adjust to the massive amount of light (forgot the word for it). Usually you see everything around it get dark, and then readjusts after the light dissipates. Doesn't happen in this video.

I've seen many many fake videos around the web. 95% chance that this is very very very fake.

Edit:
You'd also think that he would pick up his cam to make sure that he catches this on film.
edit on 20-2-2016 by Kuroodo because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 20 2016 @ 10:11 AM
link   
As above poster, i don't believe in this one.

We had one explode over Denmark 14 days ago, huge meteorites chunks were found the days after in two different places.

GOOGLE TRANSLATE
edit on 20-2-2016 by Mianeye because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 20 2016 @ 10:12 AM
link   
It's fake.

0 mention down here.. would have been all over the news. If not MSN then on the alt-groups.. it would have been plastered everywhere... and that's the 1st I've seen of it.

I'm not one to debunk either, but that is 100% fake.

posted on Feb, 20 2016 @ 10:17 AM
link   
a reply to: Kuroodo

Good possibility. The report most likely comes from the first bright flash, so it takes a few seconds for it to be heard. And it came in under the clouds so it probably was only a few miles from him.
edit on 20-2-2016 by Rezlooper because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 20 2016 @ 10:20 AM
link   

Man, I don't care what they say, it's still proof of jumping jack flash even if the video is fake.

posted on Feb, 20 2016 @ 10:21 AM
link   

Looks like some visual effects done in adobe after effects. The lens flare's contrast value as the meteor enters the view is too high.

If this is legit you should be able to find several other videos or reports of a similar occurrence.

posted on Feb, 20 2016 @ 10:23 AM
link   
a reply to: Xarian6

Even if fake, there was a real one over Grenoble 2 days ago

posted on Feb, 20 2016 @ 10:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: Xarian6
It's fake.

0 mention down here.. would have been all over the news. If not MSN then on the alt-groups.. it would have been plastered everywhere... and that's the 1st I've seen of it.

I'm not one to debunk either, but that is 100% fake.

Here's what I believe is the local coverage, but yea, I ain't saying whether I know if its fake or not, but the flash and the report make since since it's under the cloud cover so it would be rather close to the filmer.

www.upi.com...

edit on 20-2-2016 by Rezlooper because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 20 2016 @ 10:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: Mianeye
As above poster, i don't believe in this one.

We had one explode over Denmark 14 days ago, huge meteorites chunks were found the days after in two different places.

GOOGLE TRANSLATE

They wouldn't find any rocks from this one cuz it was out over the ocean you can see in the background.

posted on Feb, 20 2016 @ 10:45 AM
link   

Man, I don't care what they say, it's still proof of jumping jack flash even if the video is fake.

It's no wonder your wife left you... you're an ____ (fill in the blanks)

posted on Feb, 20 2016 @ 10:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: Discotech
a reply to: Xarian6

Even if fake, there was a real one over Grenoble 2 days ago

there have been a few lately.. i agree and i'm not discounting that..

Just this one.

My feeds would have lit up like an xmas tree, as im into such things.. more so than i probably should be

but this... never happened. not on the 27th of jan (cam time) and certainly not this month.

posted on Feb, 20 2016 @ 10:53 AM
link   

I was just playfully giving you a hard time based on what I think to be an obvious fake video, your sentiments are duly noted and say a lot more about you than they do me, My friend.

posted on Feb, 20 2016 @ 11:13 AM
link   

I was just playfully giving you a hard time based on what I think to be an obvious fake video, your sentiments are duly noted and say a lot more about you than they do me, My friend.

You ain't playing. You're always coming on my threads with your smart ass remarks. Just stay off my threads unless you have something of substance to offer.

posted on Feb, 20 2016 @ 11:23 AM
link   

Only the threads deserving of my "smart ass remarks" guess I could of called hoax immediately which is clearly what this is, or your "jumping jack flash" threads, extreme conspiracy- btw I believe climate change is occurring and that we have some impact. regardless I try to keep it civil light hearted with you. You sure are tough talking about another mans wife behind your computer screen, I'm done with this and I'll post where I feel it's appropriate to post in an open forum if you don't like it pound sand. Have a good one

posted on Feb, 20 2016 @ 11:27 AM
link   

Well, they have a pretty precise diving spot, and if lucky the fragments will stand out on the bottom.

posted on Feb, 20 2016 @ 12:29 PM
link   
Fake?

Why do you gotta play with my feelings, OP

Just kidding. It's a neat vid either way

edit on 20-2-2016 by PhantomOrion because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 20 2016 @ 12:36 PM
link   
This video seems a bit curious. Has anyone checked to see if it's the real deal? Worldwide Meteor or the likes?
edit on 20-2-2016 by Staroth because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join